[Q]Are you able to update your Data Profile?

Search This thread

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
None other than the the boot logo disappearing. No I didnt have insurance, how long did you have the phone for?

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

I thought about that except one of the files had an md5 sum that generated so i was unsure if it would work.

I bought it off contract from eBay and activated it about 3 weeks ago.

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
Stay online ... will have something for you to try in 1 minute.

EDIT - Try

1) Create a folder in PDS named "omadm"
2) Set permission of folder rwxrwx--
3) Download attached zip and place contents from zip into "omadm"
4) All files inside "omadm" should be set to rw-----
5) Reboot

Ok thank you, I'll try that in a sec, I'm on CM9 atm and having issues getting root on some apps.

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
Ok cool. There is 1 CM device that supports sprint profile and PRL updates (NS4G) and that functionality was ported to at least 1 other device that I know of. Wasn't sure if if had been added to CM9 or not :p

That'd be sweet, I'm booting up right now after the extracting to pds/omadm/ and permissions set.

edit: tried the profile update, but it still stucks on Contacting Network :(

edit2: Uhh, it looks like the pds is just empty again, after the reboot.

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
That'd be sweet, I'm booting up right now after the extracting to pds/omadm/ and permissions set.

edit: tried the profile update, but it still stucks on Contacting Network :(

edit2: Uhh, it looks like the pds is just empty again, after the reboot.

try changing to Sprint only and maybe in 4636 CDMA only And make sure you have Sprint proxies in build prop in ##data then try a reboot check make sure those changes stick then try to update through Sprint zone then through settings if zone doesn't work just an idea you can try also IM not trying to push my rom but curious if you flashed it and are still having this problem before posting thus did a fresh flash and pds still full of files not sure if any of this helps but is worth a try gl

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
Which file explorer are you using?

Root Browser, from the ROM toolbox by JRummey.

I checked with another file manager(File Expert), and it looks like it was successfully extracted/permissioned in Root Browser.

try changing to Sprint only and maybe in 4636 CDMA only And make sure you have Sprint proxies in build prop in ##data then try a reboot check make sure those changes stick then try to update through Sprint zone then through settings if zone doesn't work just an idea you can try also IM not trying to push my rom but curious if you flashed it and are still having this problem before posting thus did a fresh flash and pds still full of files not sure if any of this helps but is worth a try gl

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

I'm on ROCKO2.4 and it has no Sprint Zone lol, but I could never find an update option on Sprint Zone.

Last edited:

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
Root Browser always force closes on me when looking at those files. Try Root Explorer. On the SZ, its the "I need a help with my device" option

I used the one from ROM Toolbox Pro, which is built in, I was able to extract/change permissions and view the files. Then I checked in "File Expert" and it seems like it all stuck well.

EDIT1: rebooted againn, and AGAIN pds filder is completely empty.

EDIT2: I'll flash over to spleef's ROM to check it out and try Sprint Zone on there :)

Last edited:

hoslayer13

Mar 21, 2011
Mulberry, Fl
Like I said a few days ago, I read in the Atrix sub-forum about their PDS fix via a PDS img file that can be flashed via fastboot or CWM. The image file itself seemed stock enough to fix errors without changing important info like the IMEI, etc.
Now that i read it again, the fix seems more compatible with the Photon than I thought. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1131649&highlight=pds&page=3 (PDS PARTITION FIX by KeRmiT80)

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
I made a question to one of the threads "Would be be a bad idea to flash the pds fix to a Photon 4g on Sprint?" and they said yes

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22910642#post22910642

last post wad the reply

I suppose flashing it couldn't hurt right? I can just erase it in fastboot if anything goes wrong, but it's supposed to have network info and personal phone info isn't it?

Last edited:

hoslayer13

Mar 21, 2011
Mulberry, Fl
I made a question to one of the threads "Would be be a bad idea to flash the pds fix to a Photon 4g on Sprint?" and they said yes

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22910642#post22910642

last post wad the reply

I suppose flashing it couldn't hurt right? I can just erase it in fastboot if anything goes wrong, but it's supposed to have network info and personal phone info isn't it?

Yeah. The idea is that maybe it will install a PDS partition and the files could be edited to change the info back. The only file that has something like that is the fti file in /factory/ that I saw. That info is on the back of the Photon withe the battery removed. Like what KSmith posted before me

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
Download their fix, edit the img with photon info, adb push or CWM flash.

How do I edit the IMG properly?

EDIT1: I just flashed the img without editting it and I was able to update Data Profile, supposedly, stated by the UI. But received an error when doing a PRL update, Now i extracted the omadm zip files you gaves to the omadm folder in /pds/ and now rebooting

EDIT2: after rebooting, it won't even get to the error anymore, it just stays on Contacting Network like it used to.

EDIT3: the fti looks hard to edit.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts