[Q] My power/lock button just stopped working....

Search This thread

LGp970Owner

Feb 16, 2012
Okay, I have a LG Optimus Black and I'v had for a few months now and yesterday afternoon the power/lock button just stopped working. I took the battery out and put it back in, and it wouldn't turn on. I found out a away to turn it on using my charger and the power/lock power. Can anyone explain what is going on with my phone?
Thanks

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
Tried another ROM already? Maybe you just got a SW bug, which doesnt interpret the buttons correcly...
But I would say it's screwed...

LGp970Owner

Feb 16, 2012
No, I didn't think of it. I went through heaps of hassle with data and stuff flashing the ROM I have now so I didn't think of it Could you suggest and good ones for my phone? and with good battery because my battery isn't charging properly or fast like it used to or not at all. Oh and the ROM I currently have is CyanogenMod.

arun_pms

Jul 18, 2011
Hyderabad
No, I didn't think of it. I went through heaps of hassle with data and stuff flashing the ROM I have now so I didn't think of it Could you suggest and good ones for my phone? and with good battery because my battery isn't charging properly or fast like it used to or not at all. Oh and the ROM I currently have is CyanogenMod.

I would personally suggest you go with Zeus over Marvel, Both are great ROMs ofcourse ,however i had more available ram with zeus which could give us an edge when trying to play games;)..and the thing tat i liked abt Marvel is that it is totally custamizable:)

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
Dont turn this into a battery/ROM discussion thread. There are several of them. I would suggest you to simply flash stock SW, as you would have to do it anyway, to bring back the phone on warranty...

LGp970Owner

Feb 16, 2012
Okay arun_pms, I'll try Zeus. Do I look it up on this?

Sorry NOOBY0815. Yeah, I'm thinking of taking it back and get a new one or a whole new phone. But yeah, I'll flash it back to stock if what arun_pms said doesn't fix my problem.

BoyBawang2

Nov 25, 2008
Now i see the advantage of Samsungs hardware home button to its galaxy lineup as an alternative to wakeup the phone.