Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SadieNibblesworth

Dec 6, 2011
Chicago
What do u mean jig

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Well, with the gs2 you could use a usb jig to reset the counter but apparently they don't work on the gs3. If triangle away isn't working, you will need to contact the dev for it or go find his thread and post your issue.

K-to-the-bizzle is right, the jig trick doesn't work on our GS3.

You could try the reset function from the GS3 toolbox - just search for that in Android Development. You'll need to install ADB.

The reason why I *always* root by flashing a root-injected stock ROM is that I never, EVER have to worry about using triangle away

Hoppingfully yours,
Your friendly, neighborhood Lagomorph,
--SLN

cbond007

Sep 27, 2010
Where Obama Lives (DMV)
I accidentally switched the camera to front facing and now I can't switch it back. The button to switch it back is not working nor is the settings button in the camera. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
I accidentally switched the camera to front facing and now I can't switch it back. The button to switch it back is not working nor is the settings button in the camera. Any ideas?

Lol yeah I did that earlier too. Hit camcorder, then select the FFC/Normal switch and then go back to camera and it should work.

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
Ffc? None of my buttons work but the camera and camcorder buttons.

No man, when you click on the camcorder button at the bottom (right next to camera button) it changes the front facing camera switch to a camcorder looking button and you can now click that. It will spin back around to the back camera and you can touch the regular camera button and it will be back at the rear camera...:eek:

cbond007

Sep 27, 2010
Where Obama Lives (DMV)
No man, when you click on the camcorder button at the bottom (right next to camera button) it changes the front facing camera switch to a camcorder looking button and you can now click that. It will spin back around to the back camera and you can touch the regular camera button and it will be back at the rear camera...:eek:

All my buttons are on the left. My setup is tablet mode for the camera.

Rado_vr6

Sep 16, 2010
I can't wait to have this dropped on the Note 2. I can't stop running PA!

Sent from the second version of a hefty "Note" pad.

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
All my buttons are on the left. My setup is tablet mode for the camera.

Yeah theyre on the left when youre holding the phone like a phone. Hold it like a camera and theyre at the bottom. Then follow the instructions above.

Edit: so no fix for the crazy camera? That really sucks, this rom would be so awesome if it had a proper camera. I'll keep checking back. Thanks kbizzle

Last edited:
Reactions: cbond007

cbond007

Sep 27, 2010
Where Obama Lives (DMV)
Yeah theyre on the left when youre holding the phone like a phone. Hold it like a camera and theyre at the bottom. Then follow the instructions above.

Edit: so no fix for the crazy camera? That really sucks, this rom would be so awesome if it had a proper camera. I'll keep checking back. Thanks kbizzle

Thanks. That worked.

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee
Reactions: mw86 and Xontic

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com
It's "Gallery"

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Yea its under "Settings" > "Developer Options" > (scroll to the bottom) "Kill app back button"

I set that every reinstall nice bro!

Edit: guys having trouble with flickering. Previous rom versions it helped using both the gpu options in dev options. I am having less flickering on 2.5 by not using those two options this time.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

robertm2011

Dec 27, 2011
Just got this phone today (came from the E4GT), first thing I did was root and install this ROM, it's even better here than on my old phone!
Thanks KB for this great and unique ROM!:good:

Reactions: KBizzle

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
I have actually come across another way to fix the flickering, which sticks after a reboot.
I haven't done extensive testing on it but initial usage showed no flickering.

You will need: A build.prop editor. I prefer rom toolbox but use whatever you please.

EDIT

debug.composition.type=dyn
To
debug.composition.type=gpu

debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3
To
debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2

Let me know how that goes for you guys.

SadieNibblesworth

Dec 6, 2011
Chicago
Interesting AOSP problems - fun reads!

Concerning updates about stock and what-not,

For those of you wondering what's going on over with CM10 and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), there's a lot of debate on changes made to the source code on their end. Check it out over at - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1778266

The reason why is important is that this ROM is part of the same code "universe," so-to-speak.

Also-also, it's important because if you're *#&^@ing about screen flickering, this will help you understand in greater detail why the problem is not endemic to PA, and how it's much deeper and involved than you may think at first. I know this is the 18th time I've posted about this, but it appears that many of you are confused, so it's important to demonstrate that you're not alone *AND* people are working on it from multiple ends. (Oh, and I mean to rain on the parades of people who think that just because Samsung released the source code means that everything will be fine. That may not solve anything! LOL!)

Also-also-also, if you think the issues we're having *here* are bad, just check out the complaints about only have 1g speeds in the CM10 forum. Seriously, if you only read that forum, you'd swear that no ROMs ever work, that 4g is a mythical beast, and that 3g was invented by the government as a method of mind control.

Hoppingfully yours,
--SLN

Reactions: mw86 and KBizzle

cOmm_718

Jan 5, 2011
The Bronx
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I noticed that on 2.51 the status bar notifications are slightly off to the right as opposed to all the way to the left. I attached a screenshot. Is it possible to get the notifications back to flush left?

Attachments

• 292b7fk.png
    292b7fk.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 381
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15

=>>Main Link

PA Gapps

CHANGELOGS: http://allstardevs.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/ParanoidAndroid/changelogs/

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> *EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

FEATURES for PA 3+

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY

shots_12pk0x.png

ROM REVIEW AND TUTORIAL. (by raakaysh)

http://droidviews.com/2013/paranoidandroid-rom-3-review-tips-and-complete-walkthrough/

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to gokussjx

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

@molesarecoming & @D4rKn3sSyS for this oustanding rom!

The Cyanogenmod Team

@thebz1 for letting me take over development on the Tmobile side!

@wali01x-my partner in crime, he has taught me a lot

@gokussjx for his time and help

@master&Slavefor his time and wisdom

@OGWisdom - Big shoutouts for him bringing this to our device and naming me his successor!
    [/LIST]

BANNERS

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/SIZE][/FONT]Known issues:
    -Long Press HOME button doesn't start the Recent Apps Menu. (Will be fixed later)
    -Will need to add APN for data
    -To access keyboard you need to drop down the notification bar and select the box to access quick
    settings and in the Keyboard setting turn off the Hardware physical keyboard option.

--Signal only shows one bar
    --soft keys dont light up.---
    --galaxys3settings.pak is there but settings is not showing advance settings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    [8/01/13][4.2.2] ParanoidAndroid 3.69, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.69

Created 2013-08-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-28
    I have free time this weekend and will be putting up a fresh build of pa u guys. Sorry real life got super busy as well as building a new apk for a client. Expect something very soon and not a port :D

XDA Moderator
    I have actually come across another way to fix the flickering, which sticks after a reboot.
    I haven't done extensive testing on it but initial usage showed no flickering.

You will need: A build.prop editor. I prefer rom toolbox but use whatever you please.

EDIT

debug.composition.type=dyn
    To
    debug.composition.type=gpu

debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3
    To
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2

Let me know how that goes for you guys.