Jiayu G2 - Dual SIM, 1GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 4.0-inch IPS screen, ICS

Search This thread

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Supracer, can you tell us if it's better then stock 4.0.4? I read it's beta version. How about battery drain?

Okay I've been using it for almost a week now and I have to say its 10x more smoother than ics, multitasking is beautiful, WiFi and 3g is much stronger (I know because I used 4.0.4 and I had the xperia ray and my wife uses galaxy and in my toilet I always loses signals WiFi and 3g) and now I have 3 bars which is like wow!! I can't think of anything else but its the best rom I used till now because I tried all and none of them compares to this rom..... Just 2 things that bugs me is that the volume is kinda low but I'm using speaker boost which excellent and the vibrating sometimes doesn't on incoming calls and SMS but I'm using an app to fix that. So yea I recommend this rom to anyone and I'm loving it so far its flawless

Jiayu G2 1GB Ram MTK6577 @ xda

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

And about battery life sorry.... Ummm I'm using Facebook app viber whatsapp hotmail app speaker boost app and beakon 24/7 running in the background and without playing games and WiFi 24/7 it lasts around 38 hours with of course using it every half an hour to an hour

satmaster

May 2, 2008
Xiaomi 12X
Dear Supracer,

Is it a big problem for you to make for us a short manual how to flash JB rom to our G2 1GB RAM version? I would be very happy :)
+ which way of rooting this phone is the best? (I have found 2 or 3..)

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Okay this is how I did it step by step and follow me exactly

Now to root phone you need to go to http://www.modaco.com/topic/358626-jiayu-g2-oneclickroot-guide/ trust me this works and its very quick and easy even though it says jiayu g3 its for our phone as well if you have problems pm me and stay with Google chrome for translating

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Okay now once you rooted you will be entering a Russian site
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=21783
Here you will be downloading the 4.0.4 custom rom and flash tool to install on phone. I think there will be instructions there but if not go to this website to know how to flash the rom http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html?m=1

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

http://bbs.apkhot.com/read.php?tid-118355.html

You have register to BBS.apkhot.com first

And done you got jb I'll upload the lewa recovery later because its really good and I think better than cwm

Happy flashing yo

Reactions: isimeonova

aliaird

Feb 3, 2007
A big thanks from me! Supracer helped me onto JB as above.

Love the Rom, really smooth, batter ylife has def intitely got better. Only issue was no keyboard on the ROM so either stick one in the zip before flashing or load an apk ont oyour SD card ready for when you start JB for the first time.

Once on JB, I took the recovery.img from the Russian 4.0.4 ROM Supracer mentions above and installed it using Mobileuncle (from Google Play) and it was pretty straightforward.

I would say do it, its a fine ROM for day to day use.

Reactions: Supracer

aliaird

Feb 3, 2007
Supracer will know more than me, but I dont think THIS version will.

However I do think I've seen references to an (official?) JB for the 512mb floating around the place.

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
@supercar does the jelly bean update also work on the 512mb version?

Dual core or single core?

Jiayu G2 1GBRAM Dual-Core JB 4.1.2

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I just did a quick search and it seems there is no 4.1 for the "popular version" or the "G2L" I'm sorry dude but I heard there will be one in the end of the month...... Meanwhile look into lewaos forum and see.... You got a lot of ROMs for your phone and excellent 4.1 imitations.... Just look at 3 sites for the G2L or the popular version dual core roms

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

O yes for the single core there is an official jb 4.1.2

shrimpodog

Jan 18, 2013
Official JB beta1 released by jiayu today for G3 and dual-core G2.

Have you a link to the JB beta for the G2?

I've been holding back on ordering one (Dual Core 1GB G2) before I knew I could run JB. Supracer's post was good, but I didn't have sufficient knowledge to follow and implement it!

Hopefully the JB beta will be easier?

shrimpodog

Jan 18, 2013
Found something else courtesy of a post on boards.ie

I'm unable to post a direct link, but it is needrom dot com

Follow the large Jiayu icon.

G2 looks like the single core ROM, but G2 Plus also lists G2 compatibility?

Not used this site before, and apologies if it is old news!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, here I am :)

First of all, this guide is intended for the Jiayu G2 1GB dual core.

After trying the "recovery" and "SP" methods, I definitely go for the SP one. I mean, the recovery is quicker, but with the SP you are sure to have a totally clean Android installation.

This said, let's start :p

1) First of all, you have to download this:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!GNwiyYzJ!Z6sRAmT_D4tw2XqfbIgSonVan-sGmviCUMTT8QURdl4

It's basically the Flasher (updated to fix a UBOOT.bin issue with the JB 4.1.2 IPK) and the Jiayu driver folder.

2) Extract the archive on your desktop

3) Go to the extracted folder and enter the "USB VCOM Driver" folder

4) Select your Windows version and open the relative folder (if you have Windows 8, like me, the Windows 7 folder is the choice)

5) Once inside that folder, right click on the file according to the proper version of your Windows (x64 or normal).

6) Select "Install" from the menu

7) Select yes to the "not firmed driver" warnings and let Windows install the drivers

8) Now, with the driver installed, plug the USB cable to the computer and to the Jiayu and turn on the Jiayu (Note. this is not mandatory, but since Windows will install some more driver, just let it do it).

9) After this, unplug the usb cable from the Jiayu, open the back cover of the phone and remove the battery

10) Download this firmware (is the Official 4.1.2 from Juayu. I've tried a lot of firmwares and as for now the one running better (and without ****ty Chinese apps) is the official one):
    https://mega.co.nz/#!HFRW1DAL!D-ffeBzV7fcd7psCafYT2jOG9nQbHi2BaUWvkjIvtJU

11) Extract the firmware on your desktop

12) Now go back to the SP Flashing tool folder (the first file you downloaded), right click on Flash_Tool.exe and "run as administrator" (dunno if it is needed on XP, I don't think so)

13) Once the program opens, click on the "Scatter-loading" button on the right

14) Locate the Firmware folder and select the scatter txt file

15) If you did everything good, the program should load the firmware without any error message

16) Once done, click on the "Download" button

17) Now you have to be quick. Connect the usb cable to the Jiayu and quickly insert the battery

18) If you did it quickly enough, the program should start flashing the firmware. If not, redo the process

19) Once the flash is done, a green circle will be shown. You can unplug the Jiayu, remove the battery for some seconds and then put it back together with the back cover

20) Turn on the Jiayu and you will have the new firmware :)
    (Note. your phone will be in Chinese at this point. To have it back in your language, just enter into settings and then scroll down looking for a small "a" image on the left. Once located, enter that menu and press the first option to select your language)

That's all

I'm now testing some fix (the GPS fix and the 3G fix). Once done with the testing, I'll post the guides :)

Credits to Supracer for his advices :)

Hope it helps. Any question, I'm here

Cheers
    kok
    Yes, there is an official JB 4.1.2 for the 512mb phone. I flashed it on my 1gb phone by mistake. I discovered that it was a wrong version only because my back camera was not recognized (the 512mb has a 5mpx camera, while the 1gb version has an 8mpx one).

I just came home but I have to get out again in some minutes.

In 3-4 hours I'll upload and post the official JB 4.1.2 Jiayu G2 512MB firmware version (the flashing steps are exactly the same).

Cheers
    kok

Here it is:

https://mega.co.nz/#!jEwWDDSJ!BUernB6Otk-_8LqyVQo0mUtvbrph_fgXsJS9BAkLzuY

To flash it, just follow the guide I posted using this one as firmware.

Cheers
    kok
    If this helped anyone at least a thanx would be nice

MT6577 Driver not installing issue

I too found this ridiculously hard! I tried on XP, W7 then fixed on W7

I resolved this issue, by

1. opening system devices, and expanding the list where it says Ports.

2. Connect the phone without battery and for a second it will see the driver on whichever USB port. at that exact moment right click and update driver. Then install the driver from the file you have manually. (YOU WILL HAVE 1 second maximum before the thing disappears).

(If this method does not work, then Add the Driver Manually, Go to System32, and Hdwwiz.exe (show all devices, then look for mediatek, then click "have disk")

Basically you JUST have to MAKE SURE you get the MESSAGE "THE DRIVER INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY" in system tray. Does not matter if phone is connected or not. It just has to be installed so that it is NOT installing during SP Flash tools! otherwise will not work!

3. disconnect phone after driver installation.

4. Run Sp Flash tool (run as administrator)
    (make sure its a higher version as stated on the tutorial I used Latest version SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01 (search in google to download)

4. Add scatter file,
    click DOWNLOAD, immediately attach phone, without battery (but leave the battery kind of hanging on so you can press it straight in). Once you get the red bar, coming up then immediately press battery down. it SHOULD then go onto the next colour of the bar which is yellow (the SP Flash tool needs the battery to continue powering the phone to write data to it).

DO NOT WORRY IF IT DOESNT WORK FIRST TIME ROUND OR EVEN 10 times, it will not mess up your phone provided you have not gone past RED bar. If it starts writing and you disconnect you could cause issues as it has begun writing data - solution would be to re-run SP flash tools again. Usually it disconnects after RED bar if you havent done it right.

You may get BROM errors, and DISCONNECTION errors, keep trying!!! YOU WILL GET THERE.

Believe me this needs PATIENCE. I tried EVERYTHING, then finally got the driver to install as above, and got the USB to recognise - then the scatter will . Also, sometimes if your USB is loose, when you have pressed battery down then make sure you keep the USB wire in with your hand against the phone. (not too tight, but tight enough so it doesn't lose connection - ONLY if you have a loose connection)

:highfive:

Me too. I'm presently stuck!

Unable to get the MT65xx Preloader driver correctly installed.

So far I’ve tried W7, and XP (twice) Total 3 different computers! Have factory reset the G2 also.

Symptoms are plug in the USB to the G2 with no battery installed and MT65xx Preloader flashes up under com ports in device manager, then disappears, then flashes up again, then disappears.

This repeats and repeats!

Once I do manage to get the driver loaded the device then totally vanishes. Nothing listed at all now in com ports! Obviously I then get the error when loading the Flash tool scatter file.

What am I missing? Is there a key sequence to be pressed when inserting the USB into the G2 with no battery installed?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Just a heads up to my UK friends...

The 3G does not seem to work on my handset on the Orange (UK) network, it gives you 2G, but no 3G access (just spoke to Orange and they think hardware does not support it.)

Band Specification of Phone

Band 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz

OS Android 4.1.2 JB
    CPU MTK6577, 1.0GHz
    ROM 4GB
    RAM 1GB

Any ideas?? Anyone get the 3G working in the UK on any network?
    Not trying to be a negative Nancy but I would not use a knock off no name Chinese phone to run any kind of business app.

You never know what's embedded in the system that could be stealing your information without you knowing about it. We Americans owe China so much money they are looking at ways to destroy us from the inside.

I really hope you're not running any kind of credit cards, names, phone numbers, social security numbers, etc with whatever business app you are using.

Sent from my piece of crap Zio until i get my E4GT back from Samsung, using XDA Premium app

only ameritars would say such a bs. check your samsung branded phone. it was made in china. even if it says otherwise +90% of the parts were made in china. also samsung is not an usa company.
    also why would a country try to destroy it's biggest exporter? such a nonsense and stupidity.
    worried about spying? it's your government that uses echelon and admits to spy on their own citizens.

I just got a Jiayu G2. It's almost as fast as a S2. way cheaper and it's dual sim. very easy to root. because of what you said and some curiosity I runned a network analyser and logger and didn't found any evidence whatsoever of any anormal network activity. It's as safe as your samsung. Actually, much safer because it's bloatware free.
    For 160$ is one of the best dual sim android phones. I recommend to everyone.
    you can get other dual sims with this MKT chip but I wanted this one because it was a S2 copy and that allows me to use some specific accessories. but imo there are better for a bit more money. check newman n1 for example.