Search This thread

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
Something strange:
Seems as if 3g/2g needs More Power than wlan connected....

As you can see: the Power consumtion while wlan off and disconnected is way higher than with wlan on and connected.
The weight thing here:
As you can see, it was without activity....
So what the f... eats my coal.... ehm battery ????

Edit: corrected some autocorrection errors...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334684426836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334684426836.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:

_strauch_

Aug 31, 2011
@Martin Ro

I write in english and in german, your english is hard to understand, but i don't know if my is better :).

So the wireless didn't apear on the list you made a screenshot from. so click on the graphic top of the list and you get a detailed diagram where you can see the wlan. today i turned wlan of and the batterylife is very good. In the wlan options you can set up that the phone can disconect the wlan when it sleeps that helps a little bit.

Nun auf Deutsch. Das WLAN taucht in der Liste nicht auf. Oben in der liste ist das Diagramm wenn du da drauf klickst, kriegst du eine genauere Übersicht und siehst wann WLAN an oder aus ist.
Man kann in den WLAN Einstellungen unter erweitert einstellen das das Telefon die Verbindung trennen darf, aber so 100% klappt das auch nicht.
Heute hab ich tagsüber das WLAN komplett abgeschaltet und der Verbrauch ist stark gesunken.

Last edited:

projeto56

Apr 8, 2011
Boituva - SP
@Martin Ro

I write in english and in german, your english is hard to understand, but i don't know if my is better :).

So the wirelass didn't apear on the list you made a screenshot from. so click on the graphic top of the list and you get a detailed diagram where you can see the wlan. today i turned wlan of and the batterylife is very good. In the wlan options you can set up that the phone can disconet the wlan when it sleeps that helps a little bit.

Yours is waay better :)

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry, Auto correction changed some words :banghead:
My point is:
Why on earth needs 3g + wlan connected less Power than 3g only?

Doesn't sounds logical to me, but this is, what I see here.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334693063718.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334693063718.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 418

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
When Wifi is on and accessible, the phone will switch off the data transmission over mobile networks and use Wifi instead.
It is also clearly to see that you had better mobile network reception when you were near your Wifi, which needs less energy then. And Wifi itself needs way less battery than EDGE or even 3G/HSPA. And you had less wakelocks while on Wifi (why ever this happened, maybe you closed some app that was running in the background etc.).

Reactions: Martin_Ro

Sh0rty007

Nov 14, 2010
Really can't wait for the first release with the bugfixes pfff :)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

Blumdum

Sep 6, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
if someone could compile a build from skywalkers github we could test it

i dont think that yarde is gone
i think he is busy studying
the same happened in the autumn last year he disappeared for some month and then he appeared again for some month
his study seems to be very hard

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
When Wifi is on and accessible, the phone will switch off the data transmission over mobile networks and use Wifi instead.
It is also clearly to see that you had better mobile network reception when you were near your Wifi, which needs less energy then. And Wifi itself needs way less battery than EDGE or even 3G/HSPA. And you had less wakelocks while on Wifi (why ever this happened, maybe you closed some app that was running in the background etc.).

Ok, I see your point but:
1. Also I am on wifi for data I still stay on 2g/3g network, otherwise I wouldn't be able to receive SMS Ort incomming calls, didn't I ?
2. I also have Seen the wakelooks. Like you can see, the Display has been off nearly all the time. So no interaction from my side. I was on my way home in this time, so the only point I can imagine is, that the wakelocks came from entering a new mobile cellarea.

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
Ok, I see your point but:
1. Also I am on wifi for data I still stay on 2g/3g network, otherwise I wouldn't be able to receive SMS Ort incomming calls, didn't I ?

Yes, you are of course connected to the mobile 2G/3G network, but the data connection is not used. That's what I meant, maybe I was a bit inaccurate.

2. I also have Seen the wakelooks. Like you can see, the Display has been off nearly all the time. So no interaction from my side. I was on my way home in this time, so the only point I can imagine is, that the wakelocks came from entering a new mobile cellarea.

That may indeed be the case, or maybe the Google location service or something. Whatever it was, it was some kind of background activity.

[GR]Frostbyte

Jan 9, 2012
Q3DM6
For anyone that wanted Blue Infinitum / Inverted Apps, I made a working all-in-one CWM package, for our CM9. ;)

I modified and repackaged the CWM file, which found from i9000 Themes' forum; and included the inverted 4.0.3 Contacts.apk from above, plus a less spammy updater script.
So there you have it; inverted apps, the easy way, compatible with our i9001/CM9.

I have included only the basic stuff (aka only what's present in Arco68's CM9):
  • Calendar [4.0.4]
  • Contacts [4.0.3]
  • Email [4.1]
  • Gmail [4.0.5]
  • MMS/SMS [4.0.4]
  • GTalk [4.0.4]
  • Market [3.5.16]

If you want to add any other skinned app to the package; you just have to open it with winRAR, navigate to "\system\app\", then drag and drop it into the archive.

Download: Click meh!

Known Issues:
  • "Strip unicode characters" option is missing.

I'm also not sure if the sms splitting issue is present in this mms.apk, so if someone could test, please do so. :)

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
New test kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l72fjbasdnm8tzl (flash it in recovery)
Edit: Replaced with working kernel.

* Changed default cpu governor to interactive (I suspect the current ondemand version is a bit buggy)
* Changed speaker gains for calls

Regarding vibration, this needs to be tested by someone who has the phone and knows how to build the kernel and make a boot image.

The driver for the vibrator is located here: https://github.com/arco/samsung-kernel-ariesve/tree/ics/drivers/misc/vibetonz

The file of special interest is tspdrv.c where's there's some values that can be changed. I'm particularly thinking of the following:

#define VIBRATOR_PERIOD 87084/2
#define VIBRATOR_DUTY 87000/2

But it might also be some other values there than these that affects the vibration.

Btw, to build the kernel from my sources with the correct config for ICS, use ariesve_defconfig.

Last edited:

bruzzler2809

Mar 22, 2012
hi arco. do you have any idea,what i can do to decrease the in-call volume? it is extremely loud, so that i have to hold the phone 10cm away from my ears
thanks a lot..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

Ostatni

May 8, 2010
Stargard
New test kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?09nm4dlod94s61d (flash it in recovery)

* Changed default cpu governor to interactive (I suspect the current ondemand version is a bit buggy)
* Changed speaker gains for calls

Regarding vibration, this needs to be tested by someone who has the phone and knows how to build the kernel and make a boot image.

The driver for the vibrator is located here: https://github.com/arco/samsung-kernel-ariesve/tree/ics/drivers/misc/vibetonz

The file of special interest is tspdrv.c where's there's some values that can be changed. I'm particularly thinking of the following:

#define VIBRATOR_PERIOD 87084/2
#define VIBRATOR_DUTY 87000/2

But it might also be some other values there than these that affects the vibration.

Btw, to build the kernel from my sources with the correct config for ICS, use ariesve_defconfig.

After flash boot3 i have sasmung logo and black screen and stay that 3 min. Im back to boot2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for recovery bootloop problem

Thanks to everyone who hear my pray and tried to help with my problem (bootloop into recovery). And Acro68 sorry that i'm bothered you. I here again to publish the solution. Problem was in bootloader, like people on other forum says (it was damaged somehow, probably because kies update fails before).

1. Open Odin.exe (UnZip from Odin.zip)
    2. Go into Download mode
    3. Select OPS - AriesVE.ops (UnZip from AriesVE.zip)
    4. Select BOOT - Boot_loader.tar
    5. Flash it and bootloop into recovery never gona happen.

All the files is attached...
    I and some fellow developers (especially thanks manveru0, skywalker01, other users for testing, reporting and other help) are trying to port AOSS to our device, working with CyanogenMod 7 for now.
    You can check out this thread, repositories, and this post for changelogs, bug reports and so on.
    Github repositories:
    https://github.com/abbradar
    https://github.com/manveru0
    Feel free to check them out and fork!

Current status of porting:
    Working:
    • Screen (w. touch features, w. backlight)
    • Buttons
    • Radio (w. 2G/3G, Internet is working)
    • Bluetooth
    • WLAN
    • Rotate sensor
    • Handset button
    • USB
    • Battery sensors
    • Camera
    • GPU acceleration
    Not working:
    • GPS (does not lock)
    • Audio (both input and output, will be tough)
    • Camcorder (because of audio)
    • Storage-related (external SD not working, internal with no USB storage, vold misconfigured)
    • USB tethering/MTP (will require some programming)
    • Host access point (similar to USB tethering)
    • Light sensor
    • Buttons force feedback
    • Contacts on SIM card
    Not tested:
    • Other sensors (compass, magnetic)
    • HDMI (should not work, as logs say)
    • FM radio (should not work)
    Another bugs:
    • CyanogenMod settings doesn't work (fixed by
    • Random reboots sometimes
    • Sometimes - very long resume from sleep (30 seconds approximately)
    • Keyboard is very small
    • Dialer is laggy (because of audio)
    • USB connected notification is shown without USB cable attached
    • APN database is not working (enter settings manually)
    • Vibration strength is very weak
    Regressions: (worked before)
    • Nothing for now
    Visualized changelogs (with CM9), made and hosted by CastagnaIT in dedicated thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492165

Last testing build (will be updated after major improvements or after some time): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22394052&postcount=284
    skywalker01's testing builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22969855&postcount=394

User tomsteel1 have made good-looking banner images for our work: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22506050&postcount=350
    Hello, guys.
    First of all, sorry for my 2.5-month absence, I was really short of time because of university and long illness, so I decided to freeze module development for a while. I understand that doing so without any posts there was rude, and ask for understanding.
    Next, it was a great surprise for me to see really working CM9 for our phone!!! I can only say GJ to arco68 - thank you guy, you really did this, even without a phone! I don't think my work is relevant anymore, so I'll stop with CM7 and will check out his work (maybe I'll be of some help). I've been able to found quick solution for working audio in 2.3.7, also, but I don't think it is relevant anymore ^_^.
    Once again, good job, arco68. I'll try to build CM9 with your configuration and test it, so I'm going to be just user and tester for now. ^_^
    Here's a new full test build of the rom. This contains fixed boot image, so it actually boots (unless I screwed something up this time :p). USB connect/disconnect should work correctly, wifi I *hope* works now. In addition I added support for automatic brightness and cleaned up some stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sgyv7betz6cj9mp

And lol at the tags. Who wrote that? :D
    I am a CM9 porter for Galaxy SL. I have come across issues with audio in Galaxy SL also, which I have overcome by coding an Audio wrapper. If you need any help with fixing audio on S+, count me in.