Been Given 4 locked wildfires!! Where do I go??

Search This thread

nigsy116

Apr 25, 2010
Ok, I have been given 4 HTC wildfires from a company that has gone into administration.

The issue I have is that all four have a numeric password lock and they have all had attempts made to access them which has resulted in them being completley locked.

My plan was to root all 4 and sell them on, but I am now stuck.
Can't root using reflash as I can't set to USB debugging and when I try to boot into recovery I get the below screen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HBOOT Version is 0.80.0007 if that makes any difference??

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
1. This is HTC Wildfire S Forum
2. Go into HBOOT (Remove battery, wait 1 min, insert battery, press power and vol-)
3. Do a factory reset

If that does not solve your issue:
go to htcdev and unlock your bootloader.
then flash the complete phone new

Reactions: nigsy116

nigsy116

Apr 25, 2010
The issue I have is that the phones are locked so I have no way of changing settings to allow USB debugging - I need a way to get around this issue - Then I'm sure either the HTC dev fix or another fix will work.

Pulling the battery makes no difference.

Admins - Can this be moved to the correct forum please??

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
This is my device :D wrong forum bud, but you may be in luck. Are all of the phones on the 0.80 bootloader ? If they are go into bootloader like theq86 said, download the hboot. 1.01.0001 ruu from the HTC wildfire (buzz) forums for running revolutionary. Run the ruu in hboot mode and it should force the update :cool: then run the revolutionary program to s-off. Then install clockwork mod and root ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1029318

[REF/GUIDE] [11/04] The Complete Wildfire Index

This should have all you need ;)

sent from my android powered beast!

Last edited:

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
For going into the bootloader you need no usb debugging.
you can just go inside and chose factory reset.

For htcdev you also need no USB Debugging. Everything is made via the bootloader.

the password lock of android does not lock the bootloader.

Edit: For going into bootloader

Remove battery, wait 1 min, insert battery, press Vol- (Vol down) HOLD it and then press power button.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011

For htcdev you also need no USB Debugging. Everything is made via the bootloader.

Remove battery, wait 1 min, insert battery, press Vol- (Vol down) HOLD it and then press power button.

If he is going to ruu he is definitely better of going for revolutionary :D keeps the warrantys, allowing his bootloaders are all below hboot 1.01.001, if not he may have issues ...
Also a q to the op, how did you check the hboot without being in the bootloader? ?? Because with the lock on you can't access the rom?

nigsy116

Apr 25, 2010
OK.....

The bootloader is not locked!! I have never said it is. Some one has made over 30 attempts on the lock screen!!

When I boot by holding down power and volume it tells me that HBOOT v is 0.80.0007. I have no option on this menu to do a factory reset, but if I select, recovery, I get the screen in the 1st pic.

I can not use the HTC dev tool as when I run the RUU it tells me the phone software is out of date and I need to perform an OTA update.

Unrevoked will not see my phone even though it's connected and the Android platform drivers are installed in device manager

Revolutionary will not work as my bootloader is out of date, and I'm struggling to upgrade it as I can't switch USB debugging on (Although I'm not sure I need to)

Thanks both for your help so far....anything else and I'm listening.

Last edited:

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
That leaves you with a few things
1)Trying using HTC Supertool......connect your phone via fastboot in the bootloader
2)Try using JTAG(wont recommend if you dont know what it is)
3)Try updating your rom by taking out "rom.zip" from the RUU and flashing this "rom.zip" via HBOOT

nigsy116

Apr 25, 2010

If you have nothing constructive to offer, keep your comments to yourself.
These are from a company that went into administration and have been sat in the office desk for a month. I was asked to help uninstall the office servers and networks.

The administrator let me have the phones in Lieu of payment - so they were not exactly free, but will cost me £20 when I get my payment back.

vbhtt

Aug 24, 2011
Mumbai
When you go into recovery you get the phone with a red triangle, right? Press vol up +power to see the options. One of them should be wipe data/factory reset

nigsy116

Apr 25, 2010
http://shipped-roms.com/download.ph...1.37.405.1_release_160253md3o2yhu6sxs3txn.zip

ok download this and place this zip file on the root of your sdcard. then boot into bootloader, it should ask you to push volume up to update. do that and you should be on hboot 1.01.001 and ready for revolutionary. repeat this for all 4 phones. then come back, hit the thanks button and tell us how good we are :D:p

Already hit the thanks button!!

Here is the screen I get when I'm in the bootloader:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NO option to install from SD or perform an update and recovery just takes me to the screen in my first post.

I need to find a way to enable USB debugging by way of a command or create a goldcard??

Any more ideas??

Thanks, all for your help so far.

nigsy116

Apr 25, 2010
When you go into recovery you get the phone with a red triangle, right? Press vol up +power to see the options. One of them should be wipe data/factory reset

You are a star!!

All four up and running. No need to root anymore.

Think I'll keep one to play on, this has been a great learning experience. Thanks to you all.

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. This is HTC Wildfire S Forum
    2. Go into HBOOT (Remove battery, wait 1 min, insert battery, press power and vol-)
    3. Do a factory reset

If that does not solve your issue:
    go to htcdev and unlock your bootloader.
    then flash the complete phone new
    This is my device :D wrong forum bud, but you may be in luck. Are all of the phones on the 0.80 bootloader ? If they are go into bootloader like theq86 said, download the hboot. 1.01.0001 ruu from the HTC wildfire (buzz) forums for running revolutionary. Run the ruu in hboot mode and it should force the update :cool: then run the revolutionary program to s-off. Then install clockwork mod and root ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1029318

[REF/GUIDE] [11/04] The Complete Wildfire Index

This should have all you need ;)

If he is going to ruu he is definitely better of going for revolutionary :D keeps the warrantys, allowing his bootloaders are all below hboot 1.01.001, if not he may have issues ...
    Also a q to the op, how did you check the hboot without being in the bootloader? ?? Because with the lock on you can't access the rom?

That leaves you with a few things
    1)Trying using HTC Supertool......connect your phone via fastboot in the bootloader
    2)Try using JTAG(wont recommend if you dont know what it is)
    3)Try updating your rom by taking out "rom.zip" from the RUU and flashing this "rom.zip" via HBOOT