Worth the upgrade from DNA?

Search This thread

Fourstarzzzz

Nov 23, 2008
I have the DNA and it is a pretty solid phone. Same size screen and resolution as the M8. I can get the phone and the dot case for $200 @ verizon and sell my DNA for around $200, essentially breaking even. I am not sure what is coming down the road but I like HTC devices.

Should I pull the trigger on this? What about you guys who have DNA's and One's?

Thanks!

raichur0xx0rz

Oct 27, 2009
Rockford, IL
I have the DNA and it is a pretty solid phone. Same size screen and resolution as the M8. I can get the phone and the dot case for $200 @ verizon and sell my DNA for around $200, essentially breaking even. I am not sure what is coming down the road but I like HTC devices.

Should I pull the trigger on this? What about you guys who have DNA's and One's?

Thanks!

I wouldn't say that it's such a huge difference that you need to upgrade, but it really depends on you. If you don't have any problems with your DNA and are comfortable keeping it for a while, there's nothing wrong with just keeping it. Performance on the DNA is very good still, so it's not like say, having an iPhone 4 with a degraded iOS 7 experience with the option to go to a 5S.

The M8 does give you some nice upgrades, in terms of build quality, battery, audio, and some software features (IR Blaster, double tap to wake, etc). It's a worthy upgrade from the DNA, but yeah, kind of depends on you. DNA will only decrease in value going forward, and I'm actually trying to get rid of the two I have right now, replacing them both with M8's...

Fourstarzzzz

Nov 23, 2008
I wouldn't say that it's such a huge difference that you need to upgrade, but it really depends on you. If you don't have any problems with your DNA and are comfortable keeping it for a while, there's nothing wrong with just keeping it.

The M8 does give you some nice upgrades, in terms of build quality, battery, audio, and some software features (IR Blaster, double tap to wake, etc). It's a worthy upgrade from the DNA, but yeah, kind of depends on you. DNA will only decrease in value going forward, and I'm actually trying to get rid of the two I have right now, replacing them both with M8's...

Thanks! I think the main reason why is to try and get as much as I can for my DNA. Also, the battery really drains fast when using GPS/watching videos etc. From about 6am till 10am using gps for about 20 min and watching videos for 1 1/2 hours, my battery was at 4%.

Plus I like that dot case :)