Made a mistake, will pay someone to help me fix. {Fixed}

Search This thread

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
I'll cut right to the chase, I've soft-bricked my Note 3 (sm-9005). I bought it off Newegg and received it Friday. I proceeded to use Chainfire's root, and then installed TWirp which worked without incident. My problem started after I installed X-Note. My system was unstable, had no sound and would make calls but not receive them. (I'm in USA, on AT&T network).

I know I should have made a backup but I didn't. (Im a Samsung fan, have owned the Note 1, Galaxy 3, and now the International Note 3). I went to sammobile and the started to realize I was in trouble. (I don't know the original CSC) It was not printed on the box, and on the back of the phone my info is the same as The guys in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2628435.

Long story short. I've tried multiple stock recoveries. Some are stuck in a bootloop (at the Samsung screen). Some will appear to work but have no sound, camera doesn't work, etc. I can still get iinto Download mode, can even reflash Twirp after screwing up. When I try other custom roms they either bootloop or half way work (no sound, crashes, etc.)

I know NewEgg won't take this phone back, and honestly since i'm still able to access it via odin I dont want to send it in IF someone here can help me get it back, and I'll pay someone $100.00 via PayPal if they can.

I have TeamViewer / Skype, or will get whatever you need to help me Via / video call, over the phone, etc.

It is 10:00am (CST) right now. I will be back here at 12:30pm (2.5 Hours) I hope someone is willing to help me with this issue. 2 days working with this and i'm at my end.

Last edited:

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
Was it JB or KK when got it?
Maybe you're trying to run a KK rom when you have a JB bootloader still?
Is the knox tripped?

Is on KK 4.2.2 Bootloader from Factory. I'm sure Knox was / is tripped because I had used ChainFire's root Friday night after getting the phone. Things went bad when I tried to flash X-Note yesterday.

I have reinstalled a Polish Rom (N9005XXUEND3_N9005XEOEND2_N9005XXUENC2_HOME), and it's booting up, but no sound at all, camera, etc. Also just checked, No modem, (IMEI or BaseBand) even though I flashed the above file thru Odin 3.7 [But WiFi, GPS works]

Edit #2: Downloading UK recovery firmware now.

Not that this will help, I do NOT remember anything about the country code, but /I can tell you the sticker on the back has some spanish on it, and when I started the welcome screen Friday I had to change the language from Spanish to English.

Heres a picture of the Sticker, sorry for the bad quality.
soPg0at.png

Last edited:

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
What do you mean by no modem / IMEI. If it doesn't show any IMEI number with Sim card inserted than it's probably due to corrupt EFS. Do you have a backup of EFS?

Envoyé de mon GT-N5120 en utilisant Tapatalk

No I didn't make an EFS backup :( When I had my Note 1 there was never any mention about EFS on any rom I flashed and they all worked without issue, but i'm having a heck of a time.

Right it's showing Unknown BaseBand / or Imei under system / about.

With the UK rom it seems stable / not crashing, wifi works and I can surf, but No Cellular service, or sound, or camera.

Bnjalal

Mar 30, 2014
Muharaq
hello there, as far as i know , csc is just customer service code or something like that, just bloatware and other stuff loaded for a specified region, an example, my device is for UAE, csc is xsi or something like that, but whats installed on the device is the polish firmware and the device is functioning properly

from what you stated that you had no idea which firmware version was installed prior to flashing the custom rom,
the following steps (may) be helpful for you

search the forums for these separate files and flash them separately, start with the modem/baseband as this is more important than sound and camera at the current time being

modem:
http://www.4shared.com/file/4YUQQVkYce/REPACK_DXUENE3_MODEM.html (credit goes to @SERGiooooo and those who extracted to files)
to flash modem go into download mode on the device and in odin select CP and unselect autoreboot, then reboot manually again to download mode and repeat and select autoreboot this time (flash it twice)

then you need to search for a compatible or recommended bootloader for your rom and flash it
and finally do a standard wipe and reinstall a rom of your choice which is compatible with your device

please keep in mind that you should only flash roms which are made for your variant( n9005 rom for n9005 and n900 for n900 and so on)
also keep in mind that some roms from sammobile.com wont be compatible (eg: hong kong nf1 is not compatible with other n9005's because of the diffrent pit )

make sure your device is 32gb n9005 and re download the rom again

finally, may i suggest to try this rom (stock based de-odexed based on ne4 and all the extra files like bootloaders and modems are included separately) and hope it solves the sound and other issues as well
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649176

apologies for the details, this is just a suggestion coz I had the same issue with the IMEI and baseband problem
and always always do backups

ciribic

Sep 19, 2009
I flashed singapore (NE4) stock rom (supposed to be international) from sammobile. After that, when I tried to go back to older modem my imei would be unknown, sound was messed up, and dialer would take a long time to start, but after flashing singapore modem back my imei would be there again.
It looks like that samsung is trying to block flashing of older versions of anything... Try that singapore rom (which is almost the latest available, and should flash latest everything bl, pda, csc, phone) and see if it works.

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
I flashed singapore (NE4) stock rom (supposed to be international) from sammobile. After that, when I tried to go back to older modem my imei would be unknown, sound was messed up, and dialer would take a long time to start, but after flashing singapore modem back my imei would be there again.
It looks like that samsung is trying to block flashing of older versions of anything... Try that singapore rom (which is almost the latest available, and should flash latest everything bl, pda, csc, phone) and see if it works.

Downloading Now. IF you are my savior give me your PayPal Address and you'll be $100 richer. Quck question, first time I flash using Odin, just put .tar in PDA then flash, right? If I need to just flash the modem back, how do I do that?

Bnjalal

Mar 30, 2014
Muharaq
Downloading Now. IF you are my savior give me your PayPal Address and you'll be $100 richer. Quck question, first time I flash using Odin, just put .tar in PDA then flash, right? If I need to just flash the modem back, how do I do that?

Yes ap/pda for the whole rom, cp for modem, bl for bootloader

Good luck

ciribic

Sep 19, 2009
Easy with the money :) and carefully with flashing.

Yes, put it in pda, make sure that only auto reboot and f.reset time are checked, nothing else. Modem is included in the rom. If you are flashing only modem you put it in phone field. The thing is I'm not sure You'll be able to go back to old modem after you flash this one (NE3), when I tried flashing my old modem it messed up things, and flashing whole older ROM would skip flashing modem because it would detect newer already there.

Put your phone in download mode (make sure that battery is at least 60%)
Start Odin and open tar file in pda, wait a minute or two till md5 is checked when it says it's checked an ok connect your phone. I'll assume you installed samsung drivers previously. Wait a few moments here because windows might install drivers (if you have never connected your phone while in dl mode). Now there shoud be device added in ID:COM field in Odin and it should be blue/green. now you can press start.

Bnjalal

Mar 30, 2014
Muharaq
PM Sent, your $100 is waiting.

Sir i believe that @ciribic is the one who suggested to download the ne4 singapore stock international rom and i replied instead of him on which selection to choose in odin :D please verify that as i dont want to take credit on other persons work
And please accept my apologies if I caused any confusion as i was only trying to help you through the process in any means possible

Reactions: zelenko

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
Sorry

Sir i believe that @ciribic is the one who suggested to download the ne4 singapore stock international rom and i replied instead of him on which selection to choose in odin :D please verify that as i dont want to take credit on other persons work
And please accept my apologies if I caused any confusion as i was only trying to help you through the process in any means possible

You both helped me. I am thankful to have it back up and working. I don't understand why on my Note 1 (AT&T locked), I was able to flash every rom on that forum with no issues; Every Rom on this forum gives me BAD issues, could I have got a bad phone or something? (It was new in box, ordered from Newegg.com), but could it be defective somehow?

Bnjalal

Mar 30, 2014
Muharaq
@ciribic I sent you a PM,
OP allow me to clear any misunderstanding with fellow members and please give all credit to him as I did nothing

now back to your question , you probably flashed roms based on recent stock TW roms and those require you to be on recent bootloaders and modems, reason for this difference is that rom builders take into consideration that the user does not want to trip his KNOX flag and may use other methods to flash the rom without using custom recovories like TWRP/CWM (ex mobile odin, safestrap) so most custom roms come without modems and bootloaders and if you unzip the x-note rom you will see that there are no bootloaders and modems included if im not mistaken
Now to get rid of any OCD related to the your device whether its faulty or not, try flashing back x-note <after> you make a complete backup in TWRP(my personal favorite) and im 95% sure that you will not have these issues anymore

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power

Yes, put it in pda, make sure that only auto reboot and f.reset time are checked, nothing else. Modem is included in the rom. If you are flashing only modem you put it in phone field. The thing is I'm not sure You'll be able to go back to old modem after you flash this one (NE3), when I tried flashing my old modem it messed up things, and flashing whole older ROM would skip flashing modem because it would detect newer already there.

Put your phone in download mode (make sure that battery is at least 60%)
Start Odin and open tar file in pda, wait a minute or two till md5 is checked when it says it's checked an ok connect your phone. I'll assume you installed samsung drivers previously. Wait a few moments here because windows might install drivers (if you have never connected your phone while in dl mode). Now there shoud be device added in ID:COM field in Odin and it should be blue/green. now you can press start.

@ciribic I sent you a PM,
OP allow me to clear any misunderstanding with fellow members and please give all credit to him as I did nothing

now back to your question , you probably flashed roms based on recent stock TW roms and those require you to be on recent bootloaders and modems, reason for this difference is that rom builders take into consideration that the user does not want to trip his KNOX flag and may use other methods to flash the rom without using custom recovories like TWRP/CWM (ex mobile odin, safestrap) so most custom roms come without modems and bootloaders and if you unzip the x-note rom you will see that there are no bootloaders and modems included if im not mistaken
Now to get rid of any OCD related to the your device whether its faulty or not, try flashing back x-note <after> you make a complete backup in TWRP(my personal favorite) and im 95% sure that you will not have these issues anymore

Making that Twirp Backup as I type this, got an SD card just for that purpose now. TBH, I could care less about warranty because it won't cover Water damage, drops, misuse and that's where 99% of my past problems have happened. Knox is annoying to no end, I just got through running System Uninstaller to pull all the knox libraries / apk's and modules out.

I think i'll just stick a better optimized / open kernel on it and launcher, and call it quits. I'm 42, after these past 2 days, I feel 82.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PM Sent, your $100 is waiting.