SCH-S968C Roms.

Search This thread

WesSmiley315

May 2, 2014
I have rooted my phone (SCH-S968C) and everything. I read a forum that said you can install a rom from SCH-i535 and It was successful but you couldn't call and text. I need a rom exactly for the SCH-S9968C. Thanks :fingers-crossed::laugh:

lilfroggy1189

Nov 12, 2014
help!!

Did you ever find the correct rom? I flashed the new gummy rom. It works great but i have no mobile data!! I cant get my 3g or anything. When i go to set a new apn it will not save. Please tell me you found somthing that may help me.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I have rooted my phone (SCH-S968C) and everything. I read a forum that said you can install a rom from SCH-i535 and It was successful but you couldn't call and text. I need a rom exactly for the SCH-S9968C. Thanks :fingers-crossed::laugh:

Did you ever find the correct rom? I flashed the new gummy rom. It works great but i have no mobile data!! I cant get my 3g or anything. When i go to set a new apn it will not save. Please tell me you found somthing that may help me.
both of you start your journey here, all the goodies, just takes a few fixes and 3rd party apps if that's cool with you, its explained in the thread just read carefully, there is even a stock tar, unbrick.img, modem.zip, and bin files for the camera fix earlier in the thread just look back til you find what you need, hope you got an old sim card though, doesn't have to be active just as long as you have one, good luck! ENJOY

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2516498&page=30

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

WesSmiley315

May 2, 2014
both of you start your journey here, all the goodies, just takes a few fixes and 3rd party apps if that's cool with you, its explained in the thread just read carefully, there is even a stock tar, unbrick.img, modem.zip, and bin files for the camera fix earlier in the thread just look back til you find what you need, hope you got an old sim card though, doesn't have to be active just as long as you have one, good luck! ENJOY

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2516498&page=30

I eventually uninstalled the clean ROM and reflashed my stock rom. I have yet to try a new ROM since. Have you flashed a ROM where everything works?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using XDA Free mobile app

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
ROMS with newly found working fixes are in the thread, all the d2lte roms and d2vzw roms are now working except for stock camera and stock MMS but there is a camera app that fixes camera and a fix for MMS through hangouts or a 3rd party text app, other than that its smooth sailing on all ROMs, there's even a working CM12 (lollipop 5.0) ROM!!!!! SWEET

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
What Roms on what pages in the thread? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using XDA Free mobile app
the thread discusses needed FIXES for the ROMs, do a search for the d2vzw and d2lte ROMs, they are in the verizon S3 forums, find the ROM you want but go back to the thread I linked to find how to make the ROMs work, you'll have to read the thread and do the work yourself but there are fixes for everything you'll run into in the thread

Apr 1, 2015
Help!

I have no service after flashing several custom roms. I think i may have screwed up the modem. Is there any way i can get straight talk service on my sch-968c with cm11 or 12 installed and how?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I have no service after flashing several custom roms. I think i may have screwed up the modem. Is there any way i can get straight talk service on my sch-968c with cm11 or 12 installed and how?
No, you just need to get a CDMA SIM, a Verizon LTE 4G SIM is best, yes, I know the device is 3G, dont bother asking or wondering, just take my word for it, ALL of the LP d2vzw ROMs require SIM because they are for the Verizon S3 which is a 4G device and 4G devices require SIM for service and data, that makes us need it also. Another thing, stock MMS won't work with any other SIM than Verizon 4G SIM then dialing *228 to auto program SIM then manually edit APNs. Get a SIM and I'll set you up with what you need. Until you get a SIM just go back to stock or one of the kit kat ROMs from the first 6 months of last year and you won't need the SIM on those.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
awesome! Did they already make a Preview version? Can I do anything to help?
I don't know about the preview version. Everything is hush hush for now.

The team of guys I know are pretty good at what they do. Its mostly in the works upstream with the CM team. The guys I know are working as it comes from upstream. Its coming soon to the STS3 though. The team I know is already at work on it, they have it under control, I don't know about the other ROM teams though. It won't be out for beta testing for a couple of months so just be patient.

Reactions: Jaws4God

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina

The team of guys I know are pretty good at what they do. Its mostly in the works upstream with the CM team. The guys I know are working as it comes from upstream. Its coming soon to the STS3 though. The team I know is already at work on it, they have it under control, I don't know about the other ROM teams though. It won't be out for beta testing for a couple of months so just be patient.

how are things going with it?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know if Android M (Marshmellow) will be available for the S3 ? (d2vzw) ?
    Its in the works but I can't tell you when it will be available.
    awesome! Did they already make a Preview version? Can I do anything to help?

how are things going with it?

Sent from my SCH-I535
    No recent news or developments yet, they are still working on it, very few teams or developers have it ready to go yet, I've seen it released for other devices but not this one yet.