ROOT HTC Desire V Official ROM ICS 4.0.3

Search This thread

vedang81

Jul 16, 2012
Vadodara
I have read the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1746561 where @SeBsZ showed the method to root this phone having baseband 1.04 and 1.06 so here i will show how to root desire v having baseband 1.05

Its my first thread HOW TO ROOT so m not resposible if u brick your phone however here's the link to stock roms if in case ur phone gets bricked.!!

First of all you have to unlock bootloader and install cwm recovery on your phone, here's the tutorial:

Step 1 – Bootloader Unlock

Go to htcdev.com then create an account there and click on Unlock Bootloader. Choose “All Other Supported Models” and click on begin bootloader unlock at the place. You will not void your all warranty but only HTC will not cover the problems which are caused due to software problems so accept the agreement.

To enter bootloader mode, make sure the phone is switched off. Remove the battery if it is not getting switched off. Then hold Volume Down and start pressing the Power button without any USB cable. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to select “Fastboot” and select it using the Power button. Now connect your USB cable and continue following the HTC instructions.

You need the zip file which you must have downloaded from the above link. You also need HTC USB Drivers installed to connect it with you device. Using the command prompt you can simply navigate to the extracted files and run the fastboot command. (Use the command “cd C:/myextractedzip” to change to a directory).

Save the Unlock_Code.bin attachment which you get from HTC by Email into the same extracted zip folder and run the next command. You now have an unlocked bootloader and the phone will start up and an HTC wizard.

Congratulations ! Your bootloader is now unlocked. ;)

Step 2 – Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery

Remove the USB Cable if connected and boot again into bootloader mode. Click fastboot and reconnect it to your PC. Now run the following command on your PC via fastboot :- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Switch off your phone now again and make sure that the USB Cable is also removed from your computer.

Congratulations! Your recovery is now installed. ;)

U can get the recovery img here

Now ,Download Desire_V_Official.zip ROM File Copy to SDcard Folder must not be located in any of the coding.

1. HTC Desire V shut completely

2. press and hold the button Down and press the Volum Power and wait.

3. Select Recovery and press Power

4. Select wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

5. go to the advanced menu.

wipe dalvik cache
wipe battery stats

6. Select install zip from sdcard menu

7. choose zip from sdcard

8. Select the file Desire_V_Official.zip to the Flash ROM.

Wait When the Flash has finished, select reboot system now.

Finishing the Flash ROM.

Warning: updating kernel, ROM, recovery, risk potential damage. and I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your machine. Please read and study ways to ensure before you begin.

I dnt know if it works for all but i have tried and succeded on my desire v.
If it works for you plz press the thanks button :)

Last edited:
G

GuestK00409

same question.
Will i be able to receive and install OTA update after rooting??

Sent from my HTC Desire V using xda app-developers app

rashad543

Dec 17, 2012
damascus
super user

hello and thnx for ur thread
but after flashing the rom how we are gonna install SU ? or we just flash the one in the zip file in the other thread??
thnx

Reactions: vedang81

tunjicool

May 21, 2012
Ilorin
error

please, i have been able to work on my phone using your outline. thanks.
but i got a little confidence and began to try editing app from the system.tar file of the rom manager backup.

following this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2195858

after some test and few success as to what actually wish to obtain (remove all unwanted factory apps from the stock rom), the tool kit cmd prompt now gives this error whenever i run any command via it or even straight on the cmd by myself.

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: more than one device and emulator

C:\Desire_V_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>

please how can i fix this?

thank you.

vedang81

Jul 16, 2012
Vadodara
Sorry guys... i had a hardware problem with desire v... sold it within a month..
As i don't own i continue testing...
Sorry

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have read the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1746561 where @SeBsZ showed the method to root this phone having baseband 1.04 and 1.06 so here i will show how to root desire v having baseband 1.05

Its my first thread HOW TO ROOT so m not resposible if u brick your phone however here's the link to stock roms if in case ur phone gets bricked.!!

First of all you have to unlock bootloader and install cwm recovery on your phone, here's the tutorial:

Step 1 – Bootloader Unlock

Go to htcdev.com then create an account there and click on Unlock Bootloader. Choose “All Other Supported Models” and click on begin bootloader unlock at the place. You will not void your all warranty but only HTC will not cover the problems which are caused due to software problems so accept the agreement.

To enter bootloader mode, make sure the phone is switched off. Remove the battery if it is not getting switched off. Then hold Volume Down and start pressing the Power button without any USB cable. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to select “Fastboot” and select it using the Power button. Now connect your USB cable and continue following the HTC instructions.

You need the zip file which you must have downloaded from the above link. You also need HTC USB Drivers installed to connect it with you device. Using the command prompt you can simply navigate to the extracted files and run the fastboot command. (Use the command “cd C:/myextractedzip” to change to a directory).

Save the Unlock_Code.bin attachment which you get from HTC by Email into the same extracted zip folder and run the next command. You now have an unlocked bootloader and the phone will start up and an HTC wizard.

Congratulations ! Your bootloader is now unlocked. ;)

Step 2 – Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery

Remove the USB Cable if connected and boot again into bootloader mode. Click fastboot and reconnect it to your PC. Now run the following command on your PC via fastboot :- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Switch off your phone now again and make sure that the USB Cable is also removed from your computer.

Congratulations! Your recovery is now installed. ;)

U can get the recovery img here

Now ,Download Desire_V_Official.zip ROM File Copy to SDcard Folder must not be located in any of the coding.

1. HTC Desire V shut completely

2. press and hold the button Down and press the Volum Power and wait.

3. Select Recovery and press Power

4. Select wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

5. go to the advanced menu.

wipe dalvik cache
    wipe battery stats

6. Select install zip from sdcard menu

7. choose zip from sdcard

8. Select the file Desire_V_Official.zip to the Flash ROM.

Wait When the Flash has finished, select reboot system now.

Finishing the Flash ROM.

Warning: updating kernel, ROM, recovery, risk potential damage. and I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your machine. Please read and study ways to ensure before you begin.

I dnt know if it works for all but i have tried and succeded on my desire v.
    If it works for you plz press the thanks button :)
    Hi there,
    I can't download the recovery img,it is invalid,
    can you post it again ?
    thanks,
    Ronald
    try this link google Docs
    Hi.
    I need stock rom for Desire V Indian Region CID 038. (exe fail)
    Help me, please.
    Thank you.
    super user

hello and thnx for ur thread
    but after flashing the rom how we are gonna install SU ? or we just flash the one in the zip file in the other thread??
    thnx