[ROM - AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Nexus 10] 19-JUL-2013

Search This thread

starkilling

Oct 14, 2011
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Base - Nexus 10] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Oh I so want to unlock/root and install this. got too far on tapped out before realizing I should have atleast rooted first

You don't need root to flash a ROM. Just an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kgreen66

dmot7291

Jul 12, 2012
Canterbury
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Base - Nexus 10] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

I installed PA on my Nexus 10 a couple weeks ago, and after enjoying having the tablet UI back for a few days I tried out PIE.

It works pretty well, and I really like that it frees up the bottom of the screen where the nav bar normally resides. I have a couple thoughts on how it could be improved.

1. Pie Gravity: I'm currently using the pie anchored to the right edge of the screen, and this mostly works well, however it interferes with a few apps that have touch screen gestures that involve swiping in from the right edge of the screen. I would prefer to trigger the pie by swiping up from the bottom, but this causes the pie to appear in the middle of the bottom edge of the screen, which makes it difficult to reach all the options while holding the tablet in landscape with one hand on each side. I'd like the pie to appear in the lower right corner. It would be nice if the pie would appear near where the swipe that triggers it occurred. Or, failing that, if there were an option to specify in a little more detail where the pie appears.

2. I'm currently using the pie along with the phablet status bar by setting my nav bar to 0. In this mode you don't get the full functionality of the pie (with time battery and notifications displays). This makes sense most of the time, however a few apps (most notably lots of games) disable the status bar while in the app. If I want to check the time or battery status while in one of these apps, I have to switch to the home screen so the status bar reappears. It would be nice if I could just swipe open the pie while remaining in app to check those things. I'd like to see an option to enable full pie functionality when not in expanded desktop mode.

All in all, excellent work, and a big thanks to all the PA devs.

1. On the latest version of Pa on the nexus 4 there is an option for alignment where pie will appear where you swipe, and I'm eagerly awaiting this option for my nexus 10 as it pretty much replaces the option to have pie appear on any side of the screen.

2. I felt the same way about having full pie with the status bar. The only workaround I've found is smart status bar on the market, which let's you keep the status bar enabled in full screen mode. I think you'll need the paid version to have the status bar permanently enabled but this way you can simply disable the status bar whenever you want and quickly get it back with a simple swipe.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

tbis

Apr 27, 2010

Oh I so want to unlock/root and install this. got too far on tapped out before realizing I should have atleast rooted first

Hahah that's the scariest thing about changing roms for me. Try using carbon to back it up. U can backup without being rooted there his just more steps to it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

syraz

Jul 14, 2010
Portland
Hahah that's the scariest thing about changing roms for me. Try using carbon to back it up. U can backup without being rooted there his just more steps to it.

That is what I used. Little extra steps but worth it...all this because I get hooked on a stupid game lol

tbis

Apr 27, 2010

I paid way to much for the Damn doughnuts...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

tbis

Apr 27, 2010

The key to leveling up fast lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361587710937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361587710937.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: rajitsingh

syraz

Jul 14, 2010
Portland
Wow, wasnt trying to derail/ make thread go off topic, just wanted to talk about how to back up the game so I can get this rom lol...glad though aint only one enjoying this game.....so far its better than the past 4seasons on the show :)

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
ParanoidAndroid was damn cool, I use it on my S III at the moment.

Will wait it get release on 4.2.2 before I switch my Nexus 10 to it. :) Now I won't use on it yet as it still base on 4.2.1 where this build was tend for multi reboot.

Patient waiting on it. :)

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA

ze2u4yty.jpg
@jaybob I have been compiling my personal builds for a while now. Is it OK with you if I share in the general section for those that want updates quickly?
rugegegu.jpg

Last edited:

rajitsingh

Jul 19, 2010
New Delhi

ze2u4yty.jpg
@jaybob I have been compiling my personal builds for a while now. Is it OK with you if I share in the general section for those that want updates quickly?
rugegegu.jpg

That would make a lot of the impatient hoppers VERY happy.

Tapatalk - HTC One X - ViperX 3.3.6 - XM-Kernel #122

Reactions: JNewms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.2.2

n4-product-herokau56.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

Work in Progress
    • Please make sure you have backups for anything you don't want to lose.
    • Caution is advised. No promises this will not eat your device and take over your home.
    • Google apps are not official, this is a community hack, we have tested all apps but you could still encounter issues.
    • This is a preview of what is to come. we are working hard to tame 4.2, which brought significant changes and bugs.
    • Do not ask about CyanogenMod features. We will add more features as we develop version 3.x, and we have a 100% stable base.
    • If you have an issue please make sure it is repeatable, capture logcat/dmesg, etc and post to pastebin or similar.

Installation
    • Update your recovery to the latest version. Pre 4.2 recoveries can mess up your sd card/storage. We recommend TWRP.
    • Download pa google apps: http://d-h.st/Do8 Updated 15-JUL-2013
    • Download rom: http://d-h.st/7GF Updated 19-JUL-2013
    • Follow PA on Google+ for changes and other info
    • Perform a factory reset in recovery, unless you are already on PA 2.99+
    • Flash ROM first, then gapps
    • Wipe dalvik & cache
    • Reboot and wait, first bootup can take a little time
    • Enter your Google account info, press home when you encounter the black screen
    • Please do not restore system apps, system data and Google apps. This can cause bootloops and other problems due to mismatches coming from CM to AOSP and moving from Android version 4.1.2 to 4.2

Features
    • Hybrid engine ported, Per App DPI and Per App Layout
    • Tablet UI back from the dead
    • Per app color
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles (first draft, more to follow)
    • New recents implementation
    • We fixed the aosp lag in the recents view, well, most of it
    • New SystemUI Icons that can cope with transparent bars, thanks go to John Xionidis
    • See through Lockscreen is back
    • Transparent bars + Launcher2 modified to cope with it
    • 4.2 Walls and Sounds
    • Google stock apps
    • Extended Desktop

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT
    This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-1jij2c.png

PER-APP-COLOR
    ParanoidAndroid's newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

Hints
    Been out for a bit and unable to build. Back now and will have an update out Sunday, barring unforeseen issues.
    3.1 / 4.22 Update posted

Link to 3.1 / 4.22 Update posted to OP. Info on changes, etc. on Google+ ( https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts ) or check github for commits.
    For those who don't know me, i'm part from PA team, I come here to Tablet community because I have excelent news. I have managed to fix theme chooser on "PA tabui" (old jellybean tabui), now we dont need to use hacks or whatever, and we have full instant theme chooser support. Paul ported quicksettings, and I also forward ported a lot of the fixes wich make tablet ui experience muuuuch better (lag fixes, freeze fixes, out of bound fixes, hw acceleration, etc). What can I say, now tabletui is epic nice again :D
    small breakthrough today,

screenshot_2012-11-296mo45.png

took me some while but finally its working. quicktoggles portedto tabUI.
    needs still some style refinements but im happy it works, some devs i have talked to even called it "impossible" before -
    considering google has not only killed the UI, they have tied the toggles closesly to the phonestatusbar.
    this was the most glaring issue - now we can put back all the tabUI changes we have made to stablize googles awful honeycomb code.

btw,
    we need your support! without pa there would be no tabUI for 4.2, and even if the other teams hack it, it will never reach our level because we studied it half a year now, our code ran better than anything google has ever done with. what you see right now is raw tabUI as it comes, its missing most of our patches and additions that we made in the past. please, if you can, help jon. nexus10 is such an important plattform for our work. the pledge is on your g+ channel, second post right now.