BKC50 disconituned according to clove

Search This thread

bagiz010

Jan 28, 2014
Cant upload a pic, but if u search for the bkc50 in clove, they wrote that there's a problem something with the magnet..
Their suggest to only buy the sony's keyboard..

Last edited:

spanielhead

Mar 1, 2013
Lugano
Cant upload a pic, but if u search for the bkc50 in clove, they wrote that there's a problem something with the magnet..
Their suggest to only buy the sony's keyboard..

I just receive this email from Clove

""We regret to inform you that we are stopping the global launch of BKC50. The background is that the closing magnet had to be removed as it affected the sleep mode/wake up function of the tablet, which consequently implied a risk that tablet would fall out when carried. This decision is fully aligned within SOMC top management. We are looking into a potential back-up solution and will inform you as soon as we have more clarity about this. We apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Need to look elsewhere it seems.

bagiz010

Jan 28, 2014
I just receive this email from Clove

""We regret to inform you that we are stopping the global launch of BKC50. The background is that the closing magnet had to be removed as it affected the sleep mode/wake up function of the tablet, which consequently implied a risk that tablet would fall out when carried. This decision is fully aligned within SOMC top management. We are looking into a potential back-up solution and will inform you as soon as we have more clarity about this. We apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Need to look elsewhere it seems.

I received the same one..
I orderd from ebay some keyboard case but a chip one..

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
OnePlus 12
Nothing Phone (2a)
Aw dammit, I really looked forward to the BKC50. But I'm sorta glad I discovered the issue before ordering the BKC50 from Japan.

Apparently, a seller on Rakuten is still selling it: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pure-m/item/4582345076033/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

There's also a different keyboard case, the BKC10, which seem to be just the bluetooth keyboard, with some sort of "cover" for the keyboard itself. And when the cover is unfolded, you can use it as a stand for your Z2 phone or tablet.

I might just go with the regular Style Cover Stand SCR12 & Bluetooth Keyboard BKB10.

bagiz010

Jan 28, 2014
Aw dammit, I really looked forward to the BKC50. But I'm sorta glad I discovered the issue before ordering the BKC50 from Japan.

Apparently, a seller on Rakuten is still selling it: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pure-m/item/4582345076033/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

There's also a different keyboard case, the BKC10, which seem to be just the bluetooth keyboard, with some sort of "cover" for the keyboard itself. And when the cover is unfolded, you can use it as a stand for your Z2 phone or tablet.

I might just go with the regular Style Cover Stand SCR12 & Bluetooth Keyboard BKB10.

Really first time I heard of this BKC10..
It looks almost the same with the BKC5O..
U know the diffrence between them two? And if the case is fit to the xperia z2 tablet?

bagiz010

Jan 28, 2014

After checking it in Clove, in their site they wrote that the bkc10 is also disconitued.
http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-bkc10-bluetooth-keyboard-with-cover-stand

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
OnePlus 12
Nothing Phone (2a)
U know the diffrence between them two? And if the case is fit to the xperia z2 tablet?

It appears that the BKC10 isn't actually attached to the tablet. Instead, it's only a stand when it's "opened" with the keyboard laid out.

While the BKC50 is actually a proper 'case', as in the BKC50 is attached to the tablet, and can be used with, or without the keyboard (the keyboard can be removed). It also functions as a stand when it's opened.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

After checking it in Clove, in their site they wrote that the bkc10 is also disconitued.

I genuinely think this is a mistake; it's the BKC10 that has issues, while BKC50 is "fine", since BKC50 has plastic clips to hold/secure the tablet. I probably should email them.

Reactions: bagiz010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It appears that the BKC10 isn't actually attached to the tablet. Instead, it's only a stand when it's "opened" with the keyboard laid out.

While the BKC50 is actually a proper 'case', as in the BKC50 is attached to the tablet, and can be used with, or without the keyboard (the keyboard can be removed). It also functions as a stand when it's opened.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I genuinely think this is a mistake; it's the BKC10 that has issues, while BKC50 is "fine", since BKC50 has plastic clips to hold/secure the tablet. I probably should email them.