Battery Life Discussion

Search This thread

scorpionar

Jul 27, 2011
Hi to all

What really bothers me is the charging time. from 20% to 100% took more than 2 hours.
can someone tell me what specifications have your charger?

Thanks

Mihai

mymeatb18

Feb 27, 2011
miami
I never run out of battery on mine so doesn't bother me how long it takes. I charge it every night

phuzzyday1

Nov 3, 2014
Update helping?

Just got my live yesterday. A new update loaded pretty fast.

I hear that this version of android wear has greatly improved battery life, has anyone seen evidence of a change?

RS050377

Jun 4, 2012
Loosing 2% battery in one hour. These are my settings:

Watchface: Skymaster Pilot Watch Face
Ambient mode: on
Display on at movement: off
Step counter: off
Google Now: off
Brightness: 5
Notifications: 10 each day
Usability each day: 15 hour, at night off or flight mode

So I have to charge my Gear Live every 3 days. Great :good:

Screen always on is the better solution for me, because screen off and movement on sets my screen on to often because of much arm movements and drains battery more.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2016
I use my Gear Live with my iPhone and it dies within 6-7 hours. I tried all optimal solution such as switch off always on, mute notification, reduce brightness, switch off google now, etc. Nothing works.
However, when I unpair the watch from my phone, the charge lasts for more than 24 hours. So what's the use of smart watch when am not able to pair it with my phone?
My iphone on the other hand stays solid. No noticeable battery drain when i connect my watch.

Suggestion please.

dare

May 21, 2007
Hi,

I have the same behaviour when paired with an Iphone (5s). No drain problem when paired with an android device.
Don't understand (i have tried to disable what i can).
So, any idea are welcome.

kikicoco1334

Feb 26, 2011
I had almost the same issue with my watch, but took about 20% battery to just pairing my watch up with my phone (i was trying to pairing it up with BT rather than using android wear app) took 3 ~ 4 resets to just get it paired up.
i unplugged my watch at midnight last night and its 14:13 and i still have 60% battery.

Jan 31, 2016
I had almost the same issue with my watch, but took about 20% battery to just pairing my watch up with my phone (i was trying to pairing it up with BT rather than using android wear app) took 3 ~ 4 resets to just get it paired up.
i unplugged my watch at midnight last night and its 14:13 and i still have 60% battery.
Cud u please let me know the app you used to sync your watch and iPhone? Is it Aerlink or some other app? And did it require full watch reset? Were you able to download additional watch faces?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post your battery discussion here:

The first day I had it, I woke up around 8:00 AM and got to about 6:00 PM when it ran out of juice. This was with heavy use, screen always on and brightness set to about 60%.

I changed the settings so that the screen is not always on and brightness is now set to 40%. This made a huge difference. Today, for example, I've already had it off the charger for 8 hours and it's still at 79% battery. I'm at work, and it's getting used as it normally would be.

The screen being set to always on will obviously burn through battery at a fairly quick rate, especially if the brightness is set high. It's worth noting that letting the screen turn off automatically does not impede its usefulness. The screen comes on automatically when your turn your writes to look at the device, and when you touch the screen.
    Screen off for sure. It comes on automatically when I go to look at it, and I want to conserve battery.

Undocked at 8 AM with 100% charged, used till mid night with heavy usage with 32% left when got to bed. Very impressed with battery performance. I am using default settings (brightness - 4, Always-on screen, showing cards on dimmed screen, alert on watch and phone when connected).
    it's first day use:

Unplugged at 6:00 AM. it is no 6:32PM and the battery is at 56% so 1 day as in 24 hours seems to be correct.

My only worry is when the battery starts to degrade.....

Not sure if you've seen the iFixit teardown, but it looks like the battery would actually be pretty easy to replace. Only a few torx screws and adhesive-free components.

http://ifixit.org/blog/6594/wearables-teardown/