Any one can Port this GREAT CDMA ROM to our GSM EVOs

Search This thread

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Mauw why is there an need for an port? There are plenty off Sense 3.0 roms. Only interesting feature I finded in this rom is that they say usb host mode is working.

But usb host mode is something that works in some kernels and one kernel I know where usb host mode is working is AnthraX kernel.

Reactions: Jwan

fahadj2003

Dec 15, 2011
Mauw why is there an need for an port? There are plenty off Sense 3.0 roms. Only interesting feature I finded in this rom is that they say usb host mode is working.

But usb host mode is something that works in some kernels and one kernel I know where usb host mode is working is AnthraX kernel.

i tried it and deleted the project.. cant fix the updater-script..
its waaay to complicated then you think..

Reactions: Jwan

fahadj2003

Dec 15, 2011
the build.prop is easy..
jus change the first para..
not the whole to keep the tweaks..
import the settings.apk from leedroid as well..
i jus imported the vpn items from settings.apk of leedroid to optimus.. but i dont think there's much difference..
and rest is the usual.. use leedroid a pdf file for which files need to be replaced..
but thats not the hard part.. hard part is the updater-script..
create symlinks and stuff.. too long and complicated.. its not like a simple extract .zip to partition..

christan

Sep 26, 2011
the build.prop is easy..
jus change the first para..
not the whole to keep the tweaks..
import the settings.apk from leedroid as well..
i jus imported the vpn items from settings.apk of leedroid to optimus.. but i dont think there's much difference..
and rest is the usual.. use leedroid a pdf file for which files need to be replaced..
but thats not the hard part.. hard part is the updater-script..
create symlinks and stuff.. too long and complicated.. its not like a simple extract .zip to partition..

Sounds like this gotta be a LeeDrOiD port :p also don't know why you want this rom to be ported...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

Jwan

Dec 29, 2011
No ,, There is a Thread for how to port CDMA to GSM ... Itried .. it works for some ROMs ,,, but didnt work for this one !!!!!!!!

Jwan

Dec 29, 2011
OK ... can any one put here the way to port ROMs ... because the link in that thread ( TUT for porting ) is broken

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
I'm working on this now (porting) seems easy enough i have ARHD by mike1986 working 98% just a couple of little niggles to iron out then i'll be rocking ARHD on my 3VO :).

That ROM is completely outdated you'd be running it just for the name. It has almost no tweaks. I don't even think it has 7 in 1 shutdown menu

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

MKD73

Feb 3, 2011
Milton Keynes
Google Pixel 7
Its dev'd from the latest GB release so how is that outdated , but anyways its running 99% now just a few 4G files/menus toi remove and its done.

As for the question about a pdf file i didn't use any pdf file , trail and error trail and error.

That ROM is completely outdated you'd be running it just for the name. It has almost no tweaks. I don't even think it has 7 in 1 shutdown menu

Jwan

Dec 29, 2011
Its dev'd from the latest GB release so how is that outdated , but anyways its running 99% now just a few 4G files/menus toi remove and its done.

As for the question about a pdf file i didn't use any pdf file , trail and error trail and error.

SO ... How could you make the ROM to be flashed on a GSM

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami

I meant that the ROM is outdated because its missing all the newest features and nods because it was abandoned a long time ago.

Jwan

Dec 29, 2011
I meant that the ROM is outdated because its missing all the newest features and nods because it was abandoned a long time ago.

U r right ... But it seems so great .. At all .. all the CDMA ROMs are Better than GSM ... thats why we neet to port

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
Oh and by the way there is a newer version of Olympus that was never released on xda.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i tried it and deleted the project.. cant fix the updater-script..
    its waaay to complicated then you think..
    I'm working on this now (porting) seems easy enough i have ARHD by mike1986 working 98% just a couple of little niggles to iron out then i'll be rocking ARHD on my 3VO :).