Black Screen after galaxy s3 boot logo!!

Search This thread

Xdenwarrior

Mar 23, 2007
I installed Chainfire3D (after hearing good things about it) and then realized the problems it causes, so i deleted the app and then its CF3D drivers from system/lib which didnt work properly anyways. Upon restart device doesnt boot anymore :crying: (welI maybe its on cause the battery generates heat, but its black screen) I also couldnt get titanium backup to work in the past just in case something like this happens cause it was constantly stuck on yahoo finance when backing up.

My main issue is I had alot of things (worth a couple days) installed on my phone, and dont want to lose all of it. Bad thing i didnt realize there is Nanadroid backup (cause its my first android phone) which works unlike titanium quickly and efficiently, but backing things up now after black screen is pointless no? i can acess CWM recovery, but dont want to factory reset yet.
So any way to inject those stupid CF3D drivers via ADB? Or maybe backup everything but that certain system/lib folder?

Edit: i ran into this:
On CF-Root just boot into recovery, ADB shell to it, and type "rootsh" (instead of "su") to have root shell access... if anything goes wrong, just "mount /system" and "/system/lib/cf3d_uninstall.sh" to remove the CF3D driver and restore the old one. Not very likely it will happen, but a good fallback option in case of issues (no need to reflash firmware or restore backup)
, unfortunately cf3d_uninstall.sh was one of the files i deleted, but maybe if someone who has Chainfire3D installed on S3 LTE can share that file, i can then inject it and restore the old drivers?

Last edited:

Redsalamander

Aug 16, 2008
Seems mine suffered a similar fate.
a friend suggested SPB 3D loaded it. It sucked and caused lock-ups and delays. I uninstalled and the phone seemed to be fine after.

I plugged the phone in to charge overnight and about an hour later when going to bed the screen was stuck on the boot-up screen.
has not gone past this since.

Wanted to get the firmware restored and after trying to find a suitable stock one I took it to my SP for repair they tried to flash it but it fails every time, they said the motherboard is toast.

It will boot to flash mode so it can be uploaded but it doesn't work. Odin says no partitions.
Tried Heimdall it detects the phone but it tells me the image is corrupt and I also have no idea how to repair the partition that seems to be lost.

xgp0006

Jun 23, 2010
San Antonio
white 16GB Tmoble GS3

Actually my current issue is similar, it boots up says galaxy S3 then black screen. I can connect to odin, i can boot into clockwork, and i can flash roms, ODIN says everything is successful after i flash but when it boots it still goes to a black screen. this happened after i flashed a rom(that worked) and flashing a kernel that also previously worked....after that its been stuck....i can flash whatever with success but i cannot seem to get it past that Galaxy S3 screen....

I flashed the new FreeGS3 rom, and the TGST STOCK ICS Alpha37 kernel i cleared caches and wiped davliks not too sure where to go from here.....Do i need factory tmoble GS3 PIT file?

Seems mine suffered a similar fate.
a friend suggested SPB 3D loaded it. It sucked and caused lock-ups and delays. I uninstalled and the phone seemed to be fine after.

I plugged the phone in to charge overnight and about an hour later when going to bed the screen was stuck on the boot-up screen.
has not gone past this since.

Wanted to get the firmware restored and after trying to find a suitable stock one I took it to my SP for repair they tried to flash it but it fails every time, they said the motherboard is toast.

It will boot to flash mode so it can be uploaded but it doesn't work. Odin says no partitions.
Tried Heimdall it detects the phone but it tells me the image is corrupt and I also have no idea how to repair the partition that seems to be lost.

Redsalamander

Aug 16, 2008
Turns out mine was a faulty mainboard after dragging their feet to repair it including a delay due to them wanting to verify warantee with proof of purchase samsung finaly agreed to swap it out for a new one.

xgp0006

Jun 23, 2010
San Antonio
Turns out mine was a faulty mainboard after dragging their feet to repair it including a delay due to them wanting to verify warantee with proof of purchase samsung finaly agreed to swap it out for a new one.

Well thing is on my end...i didn't flash whatever the OP had flashed. What i DID do though is flash a rom and a kernel on the same cwm event. when it rebooted...it just does this....

i have a backup file....its on my laptop though....with only using odin or cwm how can i push that file onto my phone? My CWM doesnt have USB mount else id just do that.....?