[Q] how to install custom rom over the stock rom slot on safestrap kk?

Search This thread

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
I looked up and down but I dont see a trend on this I just want to make sure im doing it right so I dont brick my phone I made a back up of the stock rom. do I just wipe and flash the new rom over the stock rom slot? :confused:

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington
Back up your stock rom first then factory reset in safestrap then flash . There are some videos on youtube about ss its older but it still works the same way . Just make sure your chosing the correct rom for your version .

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gixelz

Mar 31, 2013
personally i dirty flashed dynamickat from safestrap and havent had any issues, but to be safe you should back up the stock rom, and then just move the rom to the internal flash(as simple as dragging and dropping from windows) and then select it from the menu when you go to install, you can do a full wipe or you can see how a dirty flash works for you, just depends really

rxv73

Jan 17, 2014
Cedar Lake
Read and read and follow directions to the "T" and you'll be fine. I backed up the stock rom first. Did the wipe in SS and then flashed the rom from from my sd card. Surprised how easy it was. I'm flashing like a mofo now lol. I always back up before flashing anything. Just my paranoia.

killacam1989

Oct 29, 2013
Florida
I just recently got root for official NC2 4.4.2. I want to flash Xnote12 port based off NC2 in the rom slot. Is this OK to do or no? I really don't want to mess with my stock slot. That's what got me in trouble and I ended up making the noobest mistake in wiping the stock slot with xnote12 and loading the JB xnote7 and my phone would not boot up. I ultimately had to send my phone to Samsung to fix it and they updated my firmware to the official NC2... (basterds).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

I just recently got root for official NC2 4.4.2. I want to flash Xnote12 port based off NC2 in the rom slot. Is this OK to do or no? I really don't want to mess with my stock slot. That's what got me in trouble and I ended up making the noobest mistake in wiping the stock slot with xnote12 and loading the JB xnote7 and my phone would not boot up. I ultimately had to send my phone to Samsung to fix it and they updated my firmware to the official NC2... (basterds).

I loaded xnote7 from the rom slot

posersk8r

Feb 21, 2014

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

I loaded xnote7 from the rom slot

Dont flash a jb rom on a kk bootloader.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

killacam1989

Oct 29, 2013
Florida
Dont flash a jb rom on a kk bootloader.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I know I was real slow and wasnt thinking at that point in time But im not that slow. I flashed the JB bootloader ap and bl files before I booted the JB rom in the stock slot. Apparently the rom slots will not boot if the stock slot has no system. I didnt know that. Had I known I would be in a better circumstance with my xnote12. But thats neither here nor there. NC2 is rooted so im good. I just want xnote12 back Without wiping my true NC2 on stock slot. It appears hashcode hasnt got the stock slots working for kitkat yet tho...

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

I know I was real slow and wasnt thinking at that point in time But im not that slow. I flashed the JB bootloader ap and bl files before I booted the JB rom in the stock slot. Apparently the rom slots will not boot if the stock slot has no system. I didnt know that. Had I known I would be in a better circumstance with my xnote12. But thats neither here nor there. NC2 is rooted so im good. I just want xnote12 back Without wiping my true NC2 on stock slot. It appears hashcode hasnt got the stock slots working for kitkat yet tho...

*Before I booted it in the rom slot*

posersk8r

Feb 21, 2014

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51572014 i know you dont wanna touch stock slot but maybe you get the itch to flash xnote12 again. Link provided will get you back up and running if you mess up(hopefully not) again but it wont be stock nc2. You can still root it by installing the nc2 kernel and root with towelroot. This will come in handy for those oh sh!zzzt noments.