English Cingular 8525 ROM update available: v1.34 radio 1.16

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Here is another new ROM from the still unreleased Cingular 8525: HTC Hermes (HERM100) branded from U.S. Operator Cingular.

ROM Version: 1.34.502.1
ROM Date: 09/22/06
Radio: 1.16.00.00
Bootloader: 1.06

As always, download link on the wiki upgrading page:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Hermes_Upgrades

If you have questions be sure to read the Hermes wiki first, specially the Upgrading FAQs.

Notes on this ROM:

* See the threads on the previous Cingular ROMs for upgrading issues such as enabling video calls, band selection tab, ExtROM customizations, PTT button, etc...

-v1.30
-v1.31
-Downgrading instructions

UPGRADING INSTRUCTIONS:

* People with bootloader <= 1.04 just follow the normal procedure (run RUU twice after invalid vender ID error).

* People with bootloader 1.06 (those who have flashed the cingular 1.31 rom) need to downgrade to bootloader 1.04 first:
  • 1) Put your device in bootloader mode by holding the side Ok button and the power button and at the same time reset with the stylus.
    2) Upgrade to a ROM matching your CID, that is a ROM from your vendor (TyTN owners use the TyTN rom, dopod owners the dopod rom, jasjam owners the imate rom, etc...). This will get you back to bootloader 1.04
    3) Flash the new 1.34 ROM as usual (run RUU twice after invalid vender ID error).

Enjoy ;)

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Guys, i'm at work and still haven't had time to flash it on my Hermes, so the first flashing it please update the OS build and protocol version on the wiki. Thanks :)

N

netboy

cant run the rom file, it said file corrupted. i downloaded twice, both time it said rom file is corrupted. please re upload the rom

alfazulu

Jan 11, 2004
Tried to flash from 1.31 to 1.34 - but I get error message ERROR [294] INVALID VENDER ID

Anyone had any luck flashing 1.34

awharton

Dec 26, 2004
Doesnt upgrade from 1.31 - just get an invalid vender id error...

EDIT: can't downgrade either using the bootloader method - seems like we are now stuck on this rom until a solution is found!

Eric Duprat

May 8, 2006
Have you tried to restart the falshing SW without touching the hermes and without disconnecting the USB?
You are supposed to do this a second time when you get this error

Eric

awharton

Dec 26, 2004
Eric Duprat said:
Have you tried to restart the falshing SW without touching the hermes and without disconnecting the USB?
You are supposed to do this a second time when you get this error

Eric

Yep - tried this with Dopod, Cingular 1.30, and HTC ROMs - all get the same invalid vender ID error...

N

netboy

ROM FILE is corrupted. download 3 times, everytime it got erros and said the rom file is corrupted. please re upload the rom

Sleuth255

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 3, 2006
Milwaukee
blog.kwilcox.org
Something's fishy here. Some can downgrade and some cannot. What's your device's CID awharton if I may ask?

It makes sense that a direct upgrade from 1.31 -> 1.34 will fail. However, a downgrade to the original TyTN ROM for users having a real TyTN (CID QTEK_001) followed by an upgrade to 1.34 should work. I believe TyTN owners have been reporting success at downgrading from 1.31 although this is mystifying too as one would expect that the bootloader version downgrade should prevent this also....

N

netboy

let me REBOOT my pc and try again.
i cleared my cache. still got erros. and said can not unpack, file is corrupted..

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
@people getting invalid vendor ID:

Please report:
- which device do you have: TyTN, Vario II, SPVM3100, DOPOD 838pro, etc...
- Your device CID: QTEK_001, CDL__001, O2___102, etc... can be checked by "info 2" bootloader command, leave blank if you don't know it.
- Current ROM on your device before trying to upgrade
- Bootloader version

awharton

Dec 26, 2004
Sleuth255 said:
Something's fishy here. Some can downgrade and some cannot. What's your device's CID awharton if I may ask?

It makes sense that a direct upgrade from 1.31 -> 1.34 will fail. However, a downgrade to the original TyTN ROM for users having a real TyTN (CID QTEK_001) followed by an upgrade to 1.34 should work. I believe TyTN owners have been reporting success at downgrading from 1.31 although this is mystifying too as one would expect that the bootloader version downgrade should prevent this also....

True - thinks this makes sense. As Orange haven't released an upgrade yet I can't test this out. Need someone that has a Dopod or TyTN to experiment...

cjohnson6965

Sep 12, 2005
I'm trying this now. I got the same invalid vendor ID (HTC TyTN, running 1.31), and now I'm flashing back to 1.18. This seems to be working, albeit very slowly. I'll keep you updated if I can upgrade from 1.18 - 1.34; the flash to 1.18 should take about 25 minutes.