[ROM] *Onecosmic's* ICS_4.0.3.0(RC2.11)_Vibrant_Full.zip + MARKET FIX

Search This thread

showson1

Dec 10, 2009
Tried everything to get a darn signal. Looked for standard settings for the APN, redid a search. I went back to JFD to see if I had no signal there. JFD worked out, but still no signal when I flashed back to ICS. I'd like to get this logged as an issue.

I haven't flashed this ROM yet, but in the directory (linked in the OP) there is a file called DataFix.zip.. not sure if it's for this issue, but it sounds promising. ;)

Br1cK'd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Tried everything to get a darn signal. Looked for standard settings for the APN, redid a search. I went back to JFD to see if I had no signal there. JFD worked out, but still no signal when I flashed back to ICS. I'd like to get this logged as an issue. Also, I'm not able to get to my ext. sd card. What gives. USB plug in recognizes it. What am I missing.

Did you try flashing a modem after flashing the rom?

sonymsam

Sep 12, 2008
Houston
I believe you can not sync facebook yet :(
I am not able to send a MMS :( it just says.. sending.... since yesterday and is draining my battery!
but i still love ICS! amazing graphics!

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Yep, tried radio-ics-kb5-signed. Started up with no signal and when I investigate further, I don't see an APN entry at all. I go to add it back and save it but it doesn't save. :confused:

What rom did you come from before you flashed? It sounds like you lost your efs partition.

Here is what I would do.

-Reflash stock JFD or JK2 with Odin, boot and verify you can connect to the mobile data network.
-Flash CM7 as an intermediary step, let it boot completely
-Flash the ICS kernel
-Reboot recovery and flash the full rom.

Hope this helps

X

xdarooted

What rom did you come from before you flashed? It sounds like you lost your efs partition.

Here is what I would do.

-Reflash stock JFD or JK2 with Odin, boot and verify you can connect to the mobile data network.
-Flash CM7 as an intermediary step, let it boot completely
-Flash the ICS kernel
-Reboot recovery and flash the full rom.

Hope this helps

Can you link a cm7 rom download link? Haven't done cm7 in a long time, is it as easy as downloading rom and flashing?

The ICS kernel is this the kb5 I had already flashed?

I'll try this out thanks

Last edited:

Ventus_zx

Jul 7, 2011
One does not simply "locate" me
Cool. And is there a market fix for this? For some reason a lot of the apps on the market say not compatible. Including facebook and mine craft. My dad has stock Ics and these work for him

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

jzero88

Feb 1, 2010
Orange County
Cool. And is there a market fix for this? For some reason a lot of the apps on the market say not compatible. Including facebook and mine craft. My dad has stock Ics and these work for him

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Exactly, I get the same issue. I will look for a fix tonight or tomorrow. Sorry won't have a fix sooner, this is just for fun :)

But please if anyone knows of a fix, please let us know. I will add it to the OP :)

Kwaii49

Oct 24, 2010
Tried the ROM, Its ok but a lot of apps aren't downloadable in the market.

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk

nranson

Aug 3, 2010
I'm having the same issue with no data/signal. Here's my workflow:

- Flash ROM
- Reboot
- Flash Data Fix, Dictionary Fix, and Kernel (in that order)
- Reboot
- No data

At that point, I figured I better flash a modem, as suggested so...
- Flash modem ICSKB5
- Reboot
- No data

Maybe I need to reflash everything WITH a modem?
- Wipe data, system, cache
- Re-flash Kernel, ROM, modem
- Reboot
- No data
- Reboot
- Flash Data fix
- Reboot
- No Data

FWIW -- it's telling me I need to turn off Airplane mode each time I try to make a call. I've tried to enable/disable it, but I keep getting the same message and no signal.

I'm coming from Odin'd JFD.

X

xdarooted

still no signal

Here are my steps below.

1. ICS_Vibrant Full --> no signal, no ext sd
2. Odin back to JFD --> Signal and all working
3. Reflash ICS_Vibrant Full --> no signal, no ext sd
4. Flash ICS_KB5_modem --> still no signal, APN entries gone
5. Flashed other packages --> still no signal
6. Odin back to JFD --> Signal and all working

Guess this rom is not for me. :confused: Any help would be great.

Can I make a request that we all use data to mean storage data. I think people are using data as network data and it's confusing the issue. The data fix fixes the storage issue, but it does not fix the no signal issue.

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Here are my steps below.

1. ICS_Vibrant Full --> no signal, no ext sd
2. Odin back to JFD --> Signal and all working
3. Reflash ICS_Vibrant Full --> no signal, no ext sd
4. Flash ICS_KB5_modem --> still no signal, APN entries gone
5. Flashed other packages --> still no signal
6. Odin back to JFD --> Signal and all working

Guess this rom is not for me. :confused: Any help would be great.

Can I make a request that we all use data to mean storage data. I think people are using data as network data and it's confusing the issue. The data fix fixes the storage issue, but it does not fix the no signal issue.

Try flashing cm7 as an intermediary step between jfd and ics, I have read of others having similar issues coming from a twiz rom straight to ics, but flashing cm7 kept the efs intact on at least one I remember reading about in the i9000 thread.

Sent from my ICS'd Vibrant, melting all over XDA Premium

Top Liked Posts