[Q] NO OS Installed on Nexus 7

Search This thread

SiLeNtZoR

Jan 3, 2013
i try rooting my N7 but wiped all data on in so i have no os and im stuck in the google screen and cant do anything. i tried anything that i understood on forums, my pc wont recognize it. nexus root kit doesnt seem to work cause it say adb device not found and fastboot cant find it either. so am stuck with a n7 with no os, have tried reinstalling the stock os image from google but i cant boot the tablet at all it just stays in that google screen.

so if anyone can help me atleast try to reinstall the stock os ......because i am a noob :(

scsapril69

Jul 21, 2010
I did the same thing to my 7 the second day after I bought it. What you described is exactly what I had experienced. This is what I did to restore my 7. I kept holding the power button until it turned off. Afterwards, I charged it for a while cause the battery was low.Then I got the tablet to go into fastboot mode by holding volume down 1st and then the power button. After that, I flashed using the Nexus 7 toolkit. Upon flashing, download 4.1.2 firmware using the toolkit and flash that to your tablet. 4.2.1wouldn't work for me. That brought my 7 back to life in new stock form.

In conclusion, I re-rooted using the toolkit and flashed a custom 4.2.1 rom using TWRP recovery.

If you can get your 7 into fastboot and your computer still will not recognize your 7, reinstall the drivers to your computer. I used PDA drivers. That worked for me.
I hope this works for you.

Last edited:

Priyanair

Jan 20, 2014
try this

i try rooting my N7 but wiped all data on in so i have no os and im stuck in the google screen and cant do anything. i tried anything that i understood on forums, my pc wont recognize it. nexus root kit doesnt seem to work cause it say adb device not found and fastboot cant find it either. so am stuck with a n7 with no os, have tried reinstalling the stock os image from google but i cant boot the tablet at all it just stays in that google screen.

so if anyone can help me atleast try to reinstall the stock os ......because i am a noob :(

try this
try the site priyanairmumbai.blogspot.in/2014/01/to-upgrade-nexus-7-and-2013-models-to.html

dangercl0se

Oct 18, 2012
Hong Kong

I DID THE SAME THING

our devices are not "bricked", just screwed really bad...

did you manage to fix it?