Do you prefer touch wiz or after market launcher like NOVA?

Launcher of choice

• Stock samsung

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • Nova

Votes: 77 47.5%
  • Apex

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
I just looked in play store & the only one that pops up is the nova launcher period.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

If it was in the play store it wouldn't be a beta. Search xda....

sigpic2757720_7.gif

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
If it was in the play store it wouldn't be a beta. Search xda....

sigpic2757720_7.gif

Well not always ;) I used to use an alarm clock that I got from the play store. It was alioop or something like that called myalarm beta. Then it went full an dev sent a msg out saying sorry im not supporting this anymore and oh yeah, its not free anymore either.

Launchers were always hard to discern as to the "best" as some just played well with certain roms than others.

Nova seemed to have more features available for the free version. Can't remember the name but I downloaded a $20 launcher that seemed cool but im not paying that much for open source software

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Real Bob Barker

Sep 10, 2012
Boulder
Nova Prime with a caveat.

I really like Nova Prime on my Nexus devices, and would use it on my Samsung devices if I could retain the use of the stock widgets, now I'm told those are now available here on XDA so I will be looking for them shortly. But the things I like the most about Touchwiz UX are not apart of the launcher but a part of the ROM itself. Like Allshare, Kies Air, and the vast gesture support built into the stock ROM and those ROMs built from stock Samsung Touchwiz UX like FreeGS3.

QuietBillG

Mar 11, 2011
Frankfort
Application Folder

If there was a way to hide all the apps of similar interest under just one icon than I would use touch wiz but when you create a folder for say social apps there all cramed in and looks scattered most people that use tw only use 1 icon instead of putting multiple apps of similar interest in one folder .. So my question for all you tw lovers where do you hide all your apps of similar interest without showing clutter if I could fix this one issue I would use touchwiz ... So suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I use Application Folder by Mobile Jeong. It works and looks great.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Nova Prime + Tesla Unread + APW + WidgetLocker = FTW. TWiz is effing hideous, has no customization, the widgets are horrendous and the few features it has aren't worth dealing with my phone looking like ass to keep since there are better alternatives for most of them and all of the S-Pen and MW features work without it. The only thing that doesn't work is Page Buddy and that feature is annoying anyways, I dont always want to go to S Note everytime I remove the S-Pen or go to the Music apps cuz I plugged my headphones.

I like to break stuff! :D

That can be turned off in the settings.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I use Application Folder by Mobile Jeong. It works and looks great.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

That can be turned off in the settings.

Yea, and the point was its the only feature on twiz that I dont have on nova, so why would I want to use ugly ass twiz for a feature I don't even want?

PsycloneTW

Oct 23, 2009
Beaverton, OR
TouchWiz is ok for what it is but not my cup of tea. Little customization and the screens feel cramped.

I use TSF Shell.

Good:
- 3d app drawer
- Hideable dock
- Resizeable grid - 3 4x2 widgets on one screen is pretty nice
- Resizeable widgets
- Resizeable icons
- Basic icon designer
- Gestures for a few operations
- No noticeable battery drain
- Screen management interface is very slick allows for as many home screens as you want, at least I haven't found a limit.
- Fairly regular updates

Cons
- No drag/drop folder support. Does have a lasso feature to create folders though.
- Folders can't be dragged onto the dock bar. I use Application Folder Pro to do this.
- Expensive

Wattser93

Nov 25, 2012
I've tried Touchwiz, Apex, Holo, Nova, and GO. I settled on Nova Prime and have been very happy with it.

I don't like Touchwiz much. If it offered customization similar to Nova Prime I wouldn't mind using it.

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Thumbed through the thread and didn't see any mention of Holo Laucher Hd. Always been my favorite! Love the landscape.
uploadfromtaptalk1361555705573.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

GhettoBSD

Oct 9, 2007
I've been using ADW on the note and is great! Check it out

Samsung note ii

Last edited:

burnnhell

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco
I've been using action launcher pro. Nice and clean. Very easy access to apps. The way that folders are used is nice too. So far its my favorite.

Sent from my SPH-L900

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
I'm really used to TW now. I like it quite a bit. Needs a few tweaks though. But that's what custom roms are for.

Sent from my Mackified Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TOUCH WIZ!!

Touch Wiz and all its features can't be touched.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    Nova Prime + Tesla Unread + APW + WidgetLocker = FTW. TWiz is effing hideous, has no customization, the widgets are horrendous and the few features it has aren't worth dealing with my phone looking like ass to keep since there are better alternatives for most of them and all of the S-Pen and MW features work without it. The only thing that doesn't work is Page Buddy and that feature is annoying anyways, I dont always want to go to S Note everytime I remove the S-Pen or go to the Music apps cuz I plugged my headphones.

TOUCH WIZ!!

Touch Wiz and all its features can't be touched.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Not sure if serious...?

Can't resize widgets, can't change grid size, no scrollable dock, etc.

The modded touchwiz launcher is OK with increased grid sizes, but still too limited. I use Go Launcher. They update it like every Friday, good support, lots of themes, animations, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Well I bought Nova Launcher Prime for 25 cents so I use that :)
    My launcher of the month is Smart Launcher, before that it was Nova.

uploadfromtaptalk1362019869516.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362019893200.jpg

Sent from my GNote2 using Tapatalk 2