[Q] Problem with HTC daily backup after update Android 4.4.2

Search This thread

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
Since the update to Android 4.4.2 I have problems with making the daily backup of the HTC.
I used this to store my Dropbox account.
Now he makes automatic backups and more should I do if I click on backup first to decide which store I want to use (Google Drive or Dropbox).
And every time I choose to Dropbox, I grant this permission HTC Backup can use Dropbox. Use

Translated by Google translate

nikswt

Feb 22, 2014
HTC One Backup using DropBox and Google drive

No one with the same problem?????

I have the same problem and definitely more people have come across this issue as it doesn't look user or phone specific but something to do with the way 4.4.2 update was build.

I am facing the same issue with Dropbox account however with Google drive I can't seem to find the backup files in my google drive account. Not sure what this other problem is :(

I am still trying to find a fix for it but haven't had any luck yet. I will surely update this post if I find the fix.

If you're able to find a fix, let me know.

Regards,
Nick

wheelie24v

Nov 15, 2007
Had the same issue, Did a "clear data" under settings,apps,all, htc backup.
I was then able to add the dropbox account back when back in the htc backup program (click on htc account)

sssssbarn

Oct 27, 2012
I have a ticket in with htc.

I set my backup, watch it perform the back up, don't see my files in my google drive and have no dropbox account.

I just asked them yesterday where my files went, no response yet. I lost everything when I unlocked my bootloader with htcdev.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
I have been in contact with HTC. According to them, this is because their free 25GB Google Drive support is preferred automatic backup forward to Google Drive instead of Dropbox.
The files are hidden in Google Drive so that they can be not accidentally delete

Last edited:

nikswt

Feb 22, 2014
Automatic Backup not working with DropBox

Hi Justin,

Can you guide me to this page where you see the hidden HTC backup files?

Also, If I removed Google drive from my HTC One, will the automatic backup work fine with DropBox? Did you test that?

Regards,
Nick

nikswt

Feb 22, 2014
HTC automatic backup broken Android 4.4.2

Hi Justin,

I understand that you're using Google drive now as the automatic backup defaults to the Google Drive cloud storage instead of Dropbox.

But could you please point me to the location on Google Drive where I can find my backup files.

I'm still not sure where to look for backup files from my HTC One on Google drive.

I would really appreciate your further suggestions here.

Regards,
Nick

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
Hi Justin,

I understand that you're using Google drive now as the automatic backup defaults to the Google Drive cloud storage instead of Dropbox.

But could you please point me to the location on Google Drive where I can find my backup files.

I'm still not sure where to look for backup files from my HTC One on Google drive.

I would really appreciate your further suggestions here.

Regards,
Nick

The backup files are hidden in Google Drive. Go to https://drive.google.com/ and then go to Settings - Manage apps. Then scroll down and you'll see you HTC device.

Spitras

Apr 17, 2012
Kaunas
After 4.4.3 update I no longer can do backup, it just goes to 53% ant then stops telling me that backup is not available at this moment and try again later :/ under account and sync options htc account sync is off, despite that all other sync is on :) im using stock rom with backup option on google drive. Can anyone suggest me something?:)

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
After 4.4.3 update I no longer can do backup, it just goes to 53% ant then stops telling me that backup is not available at this moment and try again later :/ under account and sync options htc account sync is off, despite that all other sync is on :) im using stock rom with backup option on google drive. Can anyone suggest me something?:)

Seems ok for me. I'm on 4.4.3

NiffStipples

Apr 6, 2009

Unfortunately i have exactly the same problem :/

Lonzo_SGS2_506

Jan 6, 2012
San Jose
Mm I suffered the opposite... It used to backup daily even dough I deactivated it.. at the end I solved it.. But it seems it is setup to work properly by default...

sent using my 6th sense...

Space.Monkey

Oct 2, 2009
Since the update to Android 4.4.2 I have problems with making the daily backup of the HTC.
I used this to store my Dropbox account.
Now he makes automatic backups and more should I do if I click on backup first to decide which store I want to use (Google Drive or Dropbox).
And every time I choose to Dropbox, I grant this permission HTC Backup can use Dropbox. Use

Translated by Google translate

Had the same problem turns out its facebook thats the problem even thou i weren't using it to login with sync.

Go to settings>Accounts & sync>facebook>remove
Restart your device
Run the backup function again

You might have to run the backup twice for it to work.

Jeffetto62

May 8, 2009
Maybe I have a workaround for that issue

Had the same issue with HTC Backup since 4.4.3 upgrade ..... until today.
The only way I found to complete HTC Backup was to deactivate Facebook app before starting my backup.
Hope FB/HTC developers solve the issue definitely cause using this workaround I cannot anyways use automatic backup ..... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: mishuseby

mishuseby

Mar 31, 2011
Timisoara
Redmi Note 10 Pro
The only way I found to complete HTC Backup was to deactivate Facebook app before starting my backup.
Hope FB/HTC developers solve the issue definitely cause using this workaround I cannot anyways use automatic backup ..... :(

I confirmed that method is working. After the today chat with HTC assistance they told me that they know about this problem (some incompatibility between FB account and HTC) and they trying to solve this in a future update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe I have a workaround for that issue