[Q] Weird thing happening, phone not working.

Search This thread

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
Hello. I'm trying to restore my phone to factory settings, as I'm no longer using it and have someone who would like it. However, when I try to flash a rom, it would say 'successful(flashing via TWRP ofc)', and I would clear the cache, and reboot to system. However, when I do this it just gets stuck on the HTC Quietly Brilliantly splashscreen. I updated my TWRP to the latest version(2.7.0.0), however this pretty much removed the folder 'sdcard' and renamed it to 'internal storage' or something similar. Right now, I have it plugged in to the back of my computer, and it is stuck on the splashscreen. As a last resort, I have come to XDA-Developers as you guys are the ones I can trust at the moment. Any help?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Need bootloader status and are u s off?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
Alright I installed the new recovery, and it keeps going black every few seconds and won't load?

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
Like, when you boot into recovery, it has the blue and black screen, with TWRP on it. The splashscreen I guess. It'll go black after five seconds, then come back on after a couple seconds to the logo, and keep flashing.

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
Like, when you boot into recovery, it has the blue and black screen, with TWRP on it. The splashscreen I guess. It'll go black after five seconds, then come back on after a couple seconds to the logo, and keep flashing.

Managed to get it to work. Flashed CWM Touch Recovery, went into bootloader and then fastboot and flashed it, then went and removed the twrps file like it said. However, it is still stuck on the HTC Quietly brilliant screen when flashing the rom, i just now flashed it and booted it up.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You really should know how to check an md5, it's a crucial piece of knowledge when flashing things to your device. An md5 is a digital fingerprint of a file. The md5 is usually listed on the download page of whatever you're downloading, once you have downloaded the file you need to use an md5 checking app to make sure that the md5 of the downloaded file matches the md5 listed on the download page. If it matches you can go ahead and flash it, if it doesn't match it means the file became corrupt during the download, so don't flash, you need to download it again.

Forget the RUU for the moment, you might just have a bad download. If it turns out your download is ok, then it might be time to try an RUU.

Sent from my Evita

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
It's at 575 megabytes, and I don't necessarily want to piss my wife off even more by cancelling it so I'll keep it just in case lol. I'll try the RUU, the people I'm sending it to want it factory reset, and restored to any original state. Got an MD5 checking app in mind?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
U have to use file explorers and delete the twrp.twrp in the twrp folder

marknoll

May 13, 2014
You need to use TWRP 2.7.0.8 to flash any current aosp ROM, due to changed fstab layout. There's a version in our Android Development section.

Sent from my Evita

I am on candy cat as well but used 2.7..could that be the reasons of my issues with sod?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, the flash wouldn't have even succeeded if you had used the wrong recovery. I had forgotten that Candy hadn't yet released a version that utilised the new layout. But, Candy is yet to release a version since CM merged the commit that fixes the sod bug, so that's why you're experiencing it.

Sent from my Evita