[GUIDE] Flashing Evo Lte to Page Plus

Search This thread

dacdd

Mar 17, 2011
Page plus is a prepaid CDMA wireless carrier that operates on the verizon network. They are the only (that I know of) prepaid carrier that always you to add your sprint ESN (good or bad) onto their network. Other carriers do not allow you to flash your own phone onto their network, thus you have to buy a "donor phone". This is why I chose page plus, I didnt wanna pay for a donor phone or clone my ESN.

Page plus

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/default.aspx

(800) 550-2436

This guide will get you talk text and data.

Warning you will only get 1x speed with this guide, you would need to extract 3g keys from an actual verizon 3g phone to get working 3g. My 1x speeds tested around 200 kbps both up and down, sadly faster then Sprint 3G in my area.

Go to settings>about phone>phone identity and grab a pen and paper and write your 14 digit MEID number down.

First read the guide to make sure you can do this. It is actually super easy, the longest part is downloading the necessary software and drivers.

Read the guide? Comfortable with the process? Call Page Plus at (800) 550-2436. Expect to sit on hold for 5-30 minutes. Tell the rep that you do not have an account and you would like to flash your sprint phone onto their network. They will ask you for your ESN. Give them the MEID you wrote down and they will ask your city, state, and zip to give you a local area code. The rep will give you a phone number and a MIN, write these down.

There is an option to activate your phone online instead but DONT. If you call they will do it for free and give you 20 minutes of airtime, if you do it online it will cost you 10 dollars.

Cool! Your phone is now ready to be flashed to the phone number that page plus gave you. Lets make a checklist on necessary software.

You MUST do this on a sense based ROM, as you will be putting your phone in USB diagnostic mode, and CM10 does not recognize it when you do this.

Download MSL Reader off of the market (requires root) this will you give you your SPC code.

CDMA workshop
http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html Only need the demo, no need to buy full version

QPST
http://www.4shared.com/rar/G82rq8aT/QPST27374.html

HTC diagnostic drivers
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15396645/DiagDrivers/HTC Diag Drivers.zip

Page Plus prl files (see attatchment)

Install QPST and CDMA workshop demo.

Plug your phone into you computer and dial ##3424# which will put it in diagnostic mode.
Head over to device manager on your PC and look for “HTC Diag” it should be there. If you dont see it, try restarting your phone.

Once you see “HTC Diag” right click it and select update driver. Pick browse from computer and point to the HTC diag drivers you downloaded. Choose the x64 folder for 64 bit or x86 for 32 bit.

We are now ready to flash to Page Plus.

Open up CDMA workshop demo.

Click “port” on the top left and it should say HTC diagnostic interface. Double click it.

Click “connect” at the top

Click the security tab at the top.

On the bottom right it says “SPC/user lock” in the box below where it says Default (nv_read) enter the number the MSL reader app gave you.

Now click the SBC and select “send”. It should say device unlocked successfully. Now click SPC again and select “write”. Should say SPC successfully changed.

Now click the “other” tab at the top. Under PRL click the Write tab and browse to the pageplus prl folder and select pageplus.prl

It should say successfully writen.

Now click the “main” tab at top. Click where it says “read” above the security tab. Now click “read” on the bottom right.

You will see two different boxes that say “MIN” punch the MIN number page plus gave you into both of those boxes.

Next you see towards the bottom of the page “Dir_Number and Dir_PCS” boxes. Enter your page plus phone number into both of those boxes. We are now done with CDMA work shop. Click the red X at the top right, and the program will ask you to save your changes. Click yes, and the phone will reboot.
Let your phone boot back up, we will now finish the job with QPST.

Dial ##3424# again once your phones back booted up to make sure its in diagnostic mode.

Navigate on your PC to start all programs QPST and select QPST configuration.

Click “add new port” there should be one with a COM number that says USB/diagnostic. Click that and select ok.

On top select start clients then service programming.

Double click phone and a new window should pop up with a bunch of tabs.

Click “read from phone” at the bottom left. Enter again the code the MSL reader app gave to you.

At the top right press the right arrow until you see the “M.IP” tab

Where it says mobile IP behavior towards the bottom click the drop down menu and select Simple IP only.

Double click profile 2.

In NAI put phonenumber@vzw3g.com

For tethered NAI put phonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com

For HA shared secret select enter text string and type “vzw” Do the same in the AAA shared secret column.

Look to the right.

Home address should be set to 0.0.0.0
Both primary and secondary HA addresses should be set to 255.255.255.255

Hit ok at the bottom left and navigate to the ppp config tab

Click “um'
For user ID enter phonenumber@vzw3g.com
For tethered NAI enter phonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com
Click in the password box and type “vzw”
Click the AN tab
User ID is your phone*number@vzw3g.com
Password is "vzw"
Click "write to phone"

Your phone should now reboot and be fully operational on the page plus network with your new phone number. When your phone boots up dial *22890, if it fails no worries just call anyone you would like and it should say press 1 for english then tell you your account balance is low as they only give you 20 minutes of airtime for free.

Head over to www.pagepluscellular.com and register an account so you can add PIN numbers to replenish your account.

I suggest buying PINS at www.callingmart.com. They will give you a PIN instantly upon purchase. Just enter that pin through your account at www.pagepluscellular.com

Use coupon code B2S125 and get 5 percent off

Enjoy!

If you appreciated my guide and I helped you you can order your PIN number through

http://www.callingmart.com/products....aspx?rf=7c2da6a6-ffe5-47cd-90c3-63f0dd37b55f

This gives me a few cents via affiliation credit. Thank you!

Attachments

• pageplus.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,944
Last edited:

arozer

Jun 11, 2010
Atlanta
What about porting your phone number over from Sprint?
Is that possible?

I'm getting sick of Sprint so I might get rid of it altogether.

And thank you.

dacdd

Mar 17, 2011
Indeed... you can.

Wrote the guide assuming a lot of people were gonna be throwing bad ESN's onto page plus.

Just remember you cant be in contract or owe sprint any money at all.

You can port right on page plus's website for free

Last edited:

arozer

Jun 11, 2010
Atlanta
What are Page Plus's plans like?

Do they offer good deals? Currently for 5 smartphones with unlimited data, we pay $250. That's $50 a phone. Does Page Plus offer anything better or worse?

Last edited by a moderator:

Talal916

Dec 31, 2011
Sacramento
MetroPCS

Hey guys, I'm considering buying a EVO 4G LTE to run on MetroPCS, since the DROID RAZR I bought is incompatible with Metro's network. The reason being, MetroPCS doesn't accept MEIDs beginning with anything other than A00000 or A100000, and the RAZR's MEID begins with 99x. So my question is what does the EVO 4G LTE's MEID start with? Thanks in advance!:good:

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I just bought an Evo 4G LTE to try this. Now i had in mind flashing it to boost mobile however, i know PP runs on VZ network and VZ network is very reliable, but i cannot stand 1X speed of 200kbps coming from an 29Mbps phone on AT&T. has 3G been sorted out yet? and on 200kbps, how is facebook and instagram loading? do they take time? I USE those the most and i just dont want to wait a long time for my feeds and tp upload and download pictures.

Also another things is, if i do this on stock ROM and happen to change ROMs, will I still have PP? I like trying out many custom roms to find the best one that suits my need for speed, stability and battery life.

dacdd

Mar 17, 2011
I flash ROMs all the time. It wont affect anything as long as your not flashing radios.

Osmosis perhaps today if I get time I'll take a video of my evo loading Facebook with my 30 meg WiFi and page plus.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

dacdd

Mar 17, 2011
Working voicemail

Download Google voice from market

Hit skip

Sign in

Hit next

Do not use for calls

Click next

Hit configure navigate to voicemail select Google voice then click setup

Click the phone number delete the 28 at front and put 92 i instead and call phone beeps then hangs up.

You now have voicemail good night!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Out of curiosity, why would you create a new M.IP profile under Profile 2 instead of just changing what's in Profile 1?
Is it just so you can return it back to stock more easily?
Just wondering because the ROM always shows "Current account" in the About screen as the NAI of Profile 1 no matter what I set Active Profile to be, and if I want that to be accurate, I have to change Profile 1 instead.

darkfyre

Apr 25, 2009
Asheville
reverse this process?

I bought an evo lte from a lady who had this done because she was sick of sprint. I want to flash my phone from page plus back to sprint. Can anyone help? Or does anyone want to trade a phone that's still on sprint for one that's flashed to page plus?

stevemoffler

Jul 21, 2010
deff doing this tonight, is it the same steps for the ogevo? my wife has an ogevo and im going to need to flash it over aswell

Also is there maybe a way someone can port a prl that has 4g lte? Idk if its possible but that would be freaking awesome

Last edited:

stevemoffler

Jul 21, 2010
okay i got a question, i got an old bb laying around for vzw and it has a bad esn but could i extract the 3g keys from it to use on my ltevo?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Page plus is a prepaid CDMA wireless carrier that operates on the verizon network. They are the only (that I know of) prepaid carrier that always you to add your sprint ESN (good or bad) onto their network. Other carriers do not allow you to flash your own phone onto their network, thus you have to buy a "donor phone". This is why I chose page plus, I didnt wanna pay for a donor phone or clone my ESN.

Page plus

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/default.aspx

(800) 550-2436

This guide will get you talk text and data.

Warning you will only get 1x speed with this guide, you would need to extract 3g keys from an actual verizon 3g phone to get working 3g. My 1x speeds tested around 200 kbps both up and down, sadly faster then Sprint 3G in my area.

Go to settings>about phone>phone identity and grab a pen and paper and write your 14 digit MEID number down.

First read the guide to make sure you can do this. It is actually super easy, the longest part is downloading the necessary software and drivers.

Read the guide? Comfortable with the process? Call Page Plus at (800) 550-2436. Expect to sit on hold for 5-30 minutes. Tell the rep that you do not have an account and you would like to flash your sprint phone onto their network. They will ask you for your ESN. Give them the MEID you wrote down and they will ask your city, state, and zip to give you a local area code. The rep will give you a phone number and a MIN, write these down.

There is an option to activate your phone online instead but DONT. If you call they will do it for free and give you 20 minutes of airtime, if you do it online it will cost you 10 dollars.

Cool! Your phone is now ready to be flashed to the phone number that page plus gave you. Lets make a checklist on necessary software.

You MUST do this on a sense based ROM, as you will be putting your phone in USB diagnostic mode, and CM10 does not recognize it when you do this.

Download MSL Reader off of the market (requires root) this will you give you your SPC code.

CDMA workshop
    http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html Only need the demo, no need to buy full version

QPST
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/G82rq8aT/QPST27374.html

HTC diagnostic drivers
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15396645/DiagDrivers/HTC Diag Drivers.zip

Page Plus prl files (see attatchment)

Install QPST and CDMA workshop demo.

Plug your phone into you computer and dial ##3424# which will put it in diagnostic mode.
    Head over to device manager on your PC and look for “HTC Diag” it should be there. If you dont see it, try restarting your phone.

Once you see “HTC Diag” right click it and select update driver. Pick browse from computer and point to the HTC diag drivers you downloaded. Choose the x64 folder for 64 bit or x86 for 32 bit.

We are now ready to flash to Page Plus.

Open up CDMA workshop demo.

Click “port” on the top left and it should say HTC diagnostic interface. Double click it.

Click “connect” at the top

Click the security tab at the top.

On the bottom right it says “SPC/user lock” in the box below where it says Default (nv_read) enter the number the MSL reader app gave you.

Now click the SBC and select “send”. It should say device unlocked successfully. Now click SPC again and select “write”. Should say SPC successfully changed.

Now click the “other” tab at the top. Under PRL click the Write tab and browse to the pageplus prl folder and select pageplus.prl

It should say successfully writen.

Now click the “main” tab at top. Click where it says “read” above the security tab. Now click “read” on the bottom right.

You will see two different boxes that say “MIN” punch the MIN number page plus gave you into both of those boxes.

Next you see towards the bottom of the page “Dir_Number and Dir_PCS” boxes. Enter your page plus phone number into both of those boxes. We are now done with CDMA work shop. Click the red X at the top right, and the program will ask you to save your changes. Click yes, and the phone will reboot.
    Let your phone boot back up, we will now finish the job with QPST.

Dial ##3424# again once your phones back booted up to make sure its in diagnostic mode.

Navigate on your PC to start all programs QPST and select QPST configuration.

Click “add new port” there should be one with a COM number that says USB/diagnostic. Click that and select ok.

On top select start clients then service programming.

Double click phone and a new window should pop up with a bunch of tabs.

Click “read from phone” at the bottom left. Enter again the code the MSL reader app gave to you.

At the top right press the right arrow until you see the “M.IP” tab

Where it says mobile IP behavior towards the bottom click the drop down menu and select Simple IP only.

Double click profile 2.

In NAI put phonenumber@vzw3g.com

For tethered NAI put phonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com

For HA shared secret select enter text string and type “vzw” Do the same in the AAA shared secret column.

Look to the right.

Home address should be set to 0.0.0.0
    Both primary and secondary HA addresses should be set to 255.255.255.255

Hit ok at the bottom left and navigate to the ppp config tab

Click “um'
    For user ID enter phonenumber@vzw3g.com
    For tethered NAI enter phonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com
    Click in the password box and type “vzw”
    Click the AN tab
    User ID is your phone*number@vzw3g.com
    Password is "vzw"
    Click "write to phone"

Your phone should now reboot and be fully operational on the page plus network with your new phone number. When your phone boots up dial *22890, if it fails no worries just call anyone you would like and it should say press 1 for english then tell you your account balance is low as they only give you 20 minutes of airtime for free.

Head over to www.pagepluscellular.com and register an account so you can add PIN numbers to replenish your account.

I suggest buying PINS at www.callingmart.com. They will give you a PIN instantly upon purchase. Just enter that pin through your account at www.pagepluscellular.com

Use coupon code B2S125 and get 5 percent off

Enjoy!

If you appreciated my guide and I helped you you can order your PIN number through

http://www.callingmart.com/products....aspx?rf=7c2da6a6-ffe5-47cd-90c3-63f0dd37b55f

This gives me a few cents via affiliation credit. Thank you!
    i used qpst, theres a tool called rl editor, you can play around with the prls there.

Thanks for letting me know of rl editor, I did some googling and I found this old thread http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=1443675 that explains how to do it , which was easy but it was kinda time consuming since qpst doesn't let you to multiple select those damn number boxes like excel does...

anyway, attached is the latest 53000 prl for only Sprint phones on Pageplus with the roaming indicator off...so help yourself plz! ;)

P.S. I also attached an old 51765 prl for Pageplus with no roaming indicator for sprint phones, and the special thing about it that it connects faster and stabler to 1x Data Service than any other prl file that I've used for some weird reason?!
    I haven't figured out how to get 3g data but I'm flashing my wife's new evo over and I keep getting the unable to complete your call Verizon message... Not sure what I did wrong or if page+ didn't activate her line...

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Reflash the PRL file using CDMA workshop just as the process is described in the OP. I needed to do this to get it working. After I got it working I switched the phone to a new number by calling Page Plus and doing the over the air programming. This messed up my phone but I just went into CDMA workshop and flashed the PRL and changed everywhere the phone number was listed. Everything seems to be working except MMS. Can't get texts with pictures to go through.
    Thank you GnatGoSplat. I guess you actually did port another number with your flashed and actrive HTC one V in Pageplus?

They say the devil is in the details. :) I don't want to mess up this phone since all is working. If porting another number can mess it up I would rather not do it.

So if you or anyone actually did it before, can you elaborate when and how to set MSL to 000000, is it on the phone, or from CDMA workshop? I did not recall I set this to 000000 when I first flashed it. If you look into the guide in first page of this thread, there is no mentioning of setting MSL to 000000.

Thank you.
    L

I didn't use the One V specifically (last one I did was a Moto Droid X), but the basics are the same for all CDMA phones.
    Verizon/Page Plus can automatically program your MIN and MDN via OTA programming (*228), but ONLY if your MSL/SPC is set to 000000. In fact, there is no point to activate with *228 unless you've done so. I think OP originally intended to say to change SPC to 000000 and must have just missed that step, because he does say:
    "Now click SPC again and select “write”. Should say SPC successfully changed."
    Well, there would be no point to write a new SPC if you didn't change it to 000000. So he probably just forgot that part.
    Since you didn't set to 000000, then yes, you probably need to at least do that because OTA programming won't work if you don't. Then make note of the original MSL in case you ever need to change it back. However, you don't need to do OTA programming or changing the SPC if you don't want to.
    Also, if you had someone with a donor phone set you up with 3G keys and stuff, I think you'll need to get that redone as well.

I think on the One V, you will need to re-upload the custom PRL which I'm sure you loaded into it the 1st time, because the stock Verizon one doesn't work for some reason.
    Anyone want a guide on how to flash your phone to Verizon 50 dollar prepaid? I've been thinking about making one