Does anyone like the official KK?

Search This thread

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Yes and no. Yes because I like the plain white status bar icons. No because I can't root, I can't use third party apps to write to the external SD card, and after downgrading to KitKat it has erased my external SD card twice.

crxlvr

Jan 24, 2011
New York
i have had no issues with the ota rom, and from my kingo rooted, no rom'd jelly bean, my battery life is minimum 50% better on the OTA KK

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
KK has been running fantastic for me. I never run the stock launcher so really for me the ONLY thing I wish I was able to do is run Xposed modules Wanam to change a few visual items. But performance wise? ZERO issues at all. Battery life is excellent for me(Please remember thats VERY subjective)

srtpusher

Jul 20, 2007
san antonio
My battery life went down. I am in the process of backing up all my settings to do a hard reset. The phonehas also started to hang when waking up from screen off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
I'm pleased with 4.4.2. It fixed my GPS and video problems. The phone's performance (including battery life) is about the same or slightly better than before the update. It's been very stable. No problems with using my (64GB) microSD card (encrypted).

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
I love the official kitkat because it's soooo smooth, but I miss having the freedom of changing things around a bit. But I still think my battery life was a bit better with jellybean. I use to get 6 hours screen time as with the ota kitkat only giving me 5 hour's. I guess I have to take the good with the bad. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app