[Q] Xoom Application to let me share it as a drive over WiFi?

Search This thread

EwanG

Jan 16, 2009
San Antonio, TX
500px.com
Used to be able to do this on my iPad with GoodReader, and looking for something similar for the XOOM. Basically something that lets me make the Xoom available as a drive on the local network so I can copy files back and forth to it from my computer without having to go through the whole USB cable mess.

I know that several Android file apps let me connect to a shared drive on my network, but I'm looking for the capability to go the other way around.

TIA!

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Used to be able to do this on my iPad with GoodReader, and looking for something similar for the XOOM. Basically something that lets me make the Xoom available as a drive on the local network so I can copy files back and forth to it from my computer without having to go through the whole USB cable mess.

I know that several Android file apps let me connect to a shared drive on my network, but I'm looking for the capability to go the other way around.

TIA!

Not what you want but might help till you get it. Grab a droxbox account. Drag and drop crap into the folder on your PC and grab it from the dropbox app on your xoom. Goes both ways too.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
WiFi File Explorer should do the trick. You run the app then type in the IP address in your web browser. It will show the storage and you can copy, delete files.

Last edited:

singraham

Dec 20, 2010
File Expert has a Mount extension that does this too...but as far as I know, all such apps require root access...which means you have to root first. :(