Official Galaxy Nexus in the Philippines

Search This thread

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
This thread was opened as a venue where Filipinos can compare and discuss their experiences with the GNex. If you are Pinoy, then this is the place to be!

Came from the SGS2 and we had our own thread there where everybody was helping each other no matter where they were. Hopefully that can be replicated as well for the GNex. Post away!

Simple rule: Please post in English :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Have you rooted it? What about your screen? Are you experiencing some yellow tint color?

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
Galaxy nexus user here. Bought it in the UK when it first came out. Also came from an sgs2 :)

Is the GN officially available in the Philippines?

Running stock rom/ unrooted.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

swiftden

Nov 11, 2011
Hello there.. bought mine first week of january from a grey market here in the philippines. Mine's not unlocked and rooted yet. Still waiting for my laptop to arrive to do it. Saw the instructions and i think its pretty hard to brick and easy to unlock and flash roms using fastboot. Came from a galaxy S2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
This thread was opened as a venue where Filipinos can compare and discuss their experiences with the GNex. If you are Pinoy, then this is the place to be!

Came from the SGS2 and we had our own thread there where everybody was helping each other no matter where they were. Hopefully that can be replicated as well for the GNex. Post away!

Simple rule: Please post in English :thumbup:

Hello kababayan....pinoy here living in california running AOKP ics kang

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Galaxy nexus user here. Bought it in the UK when it first came out. Also came from an sgs2 :)

Is the GN officially available in the Philippines?

Running stock rom/ unrooted.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

It will be through Smart. Bought mine at Greenhills though. Unlocked but not rooted yet. Loving it so far!

wendellc

Oct 10, 2009
I purchased GNexus from Handtec back in December. Purchased a white GNexus for the wifee 3weeks ago from Negri here in Las Vegas where I live. I am running AOKP w/ Franco kernel and she is running M3 with trinity. Team KANG all day!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Nice to see you here Swiftden! Will root mine later. Looking at Gummy Nex Rom. But def should be 4.03 at least.

JMacalinao

Mar 1, 2011
Makati
Hi guys! Bought mine on January through grey market. Also bought the extended battery shortly after. AOKP milestone 3, Franco kernel #13.1. Not gonna flash anything new soon, since I'm quite contented with it now. Probably when AOKP M4 is released.

Previous phone was a Galaxy S2. Only lasted for 3 months before selling it to get the GNex. Hehehe... :)

j.go

Nov 18, 2010

chipanggo

Jul 14, 2010
Just got my GNex about an hour ago from the grey market. Still have my GSII but will be selling it soon. I'll keep it stock for a few days. After that, it's rooting time and flashing ROMS. Can't wait to try out CM9. Any suggestions for a good ROM?

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
What type of batt life you get with the roms and kernels you're using? With standard batt of course. I barely get to 4 hours with data on all the time. I think the radio on my phone sucks. Rarely get a green signal as compared to the S2.

j.go

Nov 18, 2010
What type of batt life you get with the roms and kernels you're using? With standard batt of course. I barely get to 4 hours with data on all the time. I think the radio on my phone sucks. Rarely get a green signal as compared to the S2.

I can go a full day with data always on and still have around 40% battery life at the end of the day. That includes around 2-2.5 hours screen time and 2 hours or so of listening to music/audiobooks.

You are in a place where signal is poor. So the phone sends more juice to your radio in trying to maintain a decent connection. If you're only using data to send messages or text emails or anything that doesn't require high speed, try setting network to 2g only if you don't really need the speed. See if that helps.

EDIT: However, if all those 4 hours are spent surfing the internet with screen on, then you get about the same battery life as everyone else. :)

Reactions: gtizon

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Will try Gummy hopefully by tonight! Guess its time to get the extended batt for this one too. Lol! Globes 3g signal isnt as strong as smart.

swiftden

Nov 11, 2011
Wow! Glad to see many pinoys here. Also got the extended batt. I have 2 cases, ringke slim, and a SGP Ultra Capsule.

I really am a power user. I charge twice a day. 6 hours of wifi tethering. Normal usage i can get to 12-16 hours with the extended batt (2.5 hours screen time). Batt life sucks but its better than my galaxy s2 considering the screen size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

landrian18

Feb 10, 2011
Wait ,guys all of you has GSM version? Considering I'm using LTE (verizon)and doesn't have the extended batt. I still have descent batt. life with my gnex.(gummy)

gamit ang gnex ( xda premium)

JMacalinao

Mar 1, 2011
Makati
I think 4 hours is normal if that's only screen time with data on. I can easily pass 4.5 hours of screen time with WiFi and sync on, standard battery. (At least, that's what I got when I was addicted to "Where's My Water" and "Cut the Rope." Hehehe...)

For my normal usage though (lots of calls and texts, sync on, and a little bit of web browsing and Foursquare), I got 2h 18m screen plus 4h 2m voice calls in a span of 2d 7h before ending up with 4% remaining. The extended battery adds either ~1 hour (screen) or ~2 hours (voice) more to that.

As for the signal... My GNex is significantly better than the S2 for 2G, since the S2 drops the signal from time to time. As for 3G, not so much. Still difficult to get a signal from where I'm sitting, except when I stick the phone out the window, but who does that? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A collaborative project by me and mixtapes08. :D

uheryhe2.jpg

azese6aq.jpg

- JFDSM™
    [Team AOSPilipinas™]

Mostly you.. Lol.. 10% for me.

-3StarsAndaSun
    Upwards of 1k for all of them. The otterbox cases go for around 2k, IIRC.

Best value cases I've seen and used are the Mercury TPU cases. 500 each at Hackstern in Robinson's Galleria.

I know there is a dialer code you can type to bring up a menu which will allow temporary switching.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

*#*#4636#*#*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I can go a full day with data always on and still have around 40% battery life at the end of the day. That includes around 2-2.5 hours screen time and 2 hours or so of listening to music/audiobooks.

You are in a place where signal is poor. So the phone sends more juice to your radio in trying to maintain a decent connection. If you're only using data to send messages or text emails or anything that doesn't require high speed, try setting network to 2g only if you don't really need the speed. See if that helps.

EDIT: However, if all those 4 hours are spent surfing the internet with screen on, then you get about the same battery life as everyone else. :)
    Thanks! I appreciate it. One last thing if you may... I understand you're not using your GNex that much now, but still can you generally say that the 4.3 update is better than 4.2.2?

Well, usually updates are meant to improve one way or the other. It may not be something we see or feel on the first glance or even after using it for so long. I think on a regular user's perspective there won't be that much difference but maybe upon heavy is there's the benefit. Sorry I can't be as clear as I'd like to be because I seldom use it but for those times that I do, I haven't had any issues so maybe I can say yes with a disclaimer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4