Bionic ROMS?

Search This thread

Pale_Flyer

Jan 15, 2011
I have been running a 4.0.3 rom from Gummy, the "Spearmint" version i think. the data is about 90% reliable, but the wifi to Verizon hand off sucks. the rom itself is about what i expect from the various roms out there. i have not tried the front cam, but my big thing is ICS has no HDMI support on the Bionic... so no mirror or Webtop...

CanesDrew

Jun 10, 2011
Memphis
I have been running a 4.0.3 rom from Gummy, the "Spearmint" version i think. the data is about 90% reliable, but the wifi to Verizon hand off sucks. the rom itself is about what i expect from the various roms out there. i have not tried the front cam, but my big thing is ICS has no HDMI support on the Bionic... so no mirror or Webtop...

I tried Spearmint Gummy this afternoon. Both cams worked but were extremely laggy. And my home button didn't work. Very weird.

I just went back to stock MOTOBLUR and kept root. It grew on me. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

idivorceyou

Mar 24, 2011
throwing in my support for Eclipse 2.2
this is a super stable and fast rom - everything works. I never have FC's. the battery life is outstanding.
True, nitro is not updating presently. But it is unnecessary, as it is truly excellent as is.

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
I tried Spearmint Gummy this afternoon. Both cams worked but were extremely laggy. And my home button didn't work. Very weird.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Did you flash gapps after flashing the ROM? (not sure if that s required with Spearmint) I forgot to do that and my home button didn't work. Reflashed the ROM, then gapps ... everything worked great after that.

I've only had the Bionic for a day and I'm loving Gummy's ROM ... I have no interest in using HDMI or Video Recording, so this works great for me.

Obsidian...

Feb 29, 2012
Bloomfield Hills
The only stable Rom that has good battery data video and gaming that works with 902 is Eclipse 2.2 ... I use safe strap and that is on my unsafe side... My favorite ics Rom is DTheory's AOKP axi0m which I keep on the safe side but I now use it as my daily driver so I wouldn't be afraid to use bootstrap with it... The 3-20 build has had proven to have the most reliable data for me, Gapps are built in and the rom already has some solid themes built for it... (hashcode, Dhacker and co seem to all be sharing the major fixes with all the ics devs so all the ics roms have the same issues minus nightly updates)

Sent from my Axi0med out Bionic

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
I had major issues with Eclipse as well, even after FRX'ing to 5.9.902,then upgrading to .905. This is the best ICS rom out right now (believe me, I've tried them all over and over again hoping they'd work like this one):

http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/targa/AXI0M_AOKP_B15_BIONIC_3-20_SIGNED.zip

No data issues. CM9 is second best if you want 8mp images (instead of 5mp) and are OK rebooting daily and toggling data once every 3 days or so.

Dumaru

Mar 16, 2009
Corpus Christi
I have been running Eclipse 2.2 since it was released. I have not had one issue, Other than I might have to restart it once every month or two. Zakkyzombie, for me when I hold down the power button I get the shutdown options prompt.

/shrug

What other issues have others ran into with it?

Menacetoscociety

Jan 21, 2013
Whats the newest, most bug free ROM out there for Bionic, thats still getting updates?

I've had the Bionic for a couple of weeks and already got disapointed.

back when i rocked the DX2 i was die-hard Eclipse.

well on bionic i notaced many bugs, and i re-flashed, redownloaded, the works. had the same issues.

anyway. nitro sold his bionic, so no more Eclipse. so i swung to the other side to try Liberty. its cool. no where neer as boss as Eclipse. but they both have pros and cons. anyway.

come to find out Liberty devs stopped for the bionic too. so, my question is, what is the newest, bestest rom, thats still getting updates, and lots of themes?:) preferably a boss ICS theme :DD

I am using Icarus HD1.7.2 . Amazing battery life. Its mostly inverted. only bug i have found so far is occasional propt to enter keyboard method.

egaston

Jul 15, 2012
I'm using Icarus HD Stripped and I love it. Everything works great, I haven't hit any snags yet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Active Bionic Roms

There are several alpha and beta Roms out for the Bionic however most of them still have bugs ranging from no 3G/4G to the front facing camera not working. From what I can tell the only stable Rom for the Bionic is gummy. This may be due to the Bionic having a locked boot loader. Hopefully either Nitro will get a used Bionic and continue development or development will increase when or if ICS is officially released on the Bionic.