[Q] Bricked friend's Droid 3 (XT860)

Search This thread

Artivur

Dec 28, 2013
Hey fellas, i'm desperate cos i've bricked my friend's droid 3 (XT860) while trying to flash cyanogen mod 10.1 to it.
I do not remember which version it was but i'm almost sure it was a 5.2.420 - Android 2.3.5.

I rooted the phone and flashed clockworkmod recovery using Rom Manager, wiped both data and cache, installed cyanogenmod 10.1 and gapps, and wiped data and cache again. After rebooting, the phone was stucked on the 'Dual Core' logo. I can go into recovery but i no longer have clockworkmod installed nor can i try to reinstall the ROM again.

After trying some stock flashing and getting a boot failure error message, im now with this AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure) Screen.

Could anyone please help me? It's my friend phone!

I'm sorry about my english.

Thank you for your time!

StrelokPDA

Dec 7, 2013
You can restore/unbrick it to the stock ROM, which will allow you to start over from a clean slate. I suggest using Safestrap instead of CWM/Rom Manager.

psouza4[dot]com/droid3/unbrick[dot]htm

EDIT: Refer to post #4 below.

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Do you have a better idea? Is the XT862 ROM going to brick his already bricked phone? Or give him a chance to boot it, and start with a somewhat working system (even if the radio etc. might not work correctly)... I don't claim to be a smart phone guru, but your response isn't very helpful.
download Motorola Milestone 3 (XT860) firmware (.XML)
from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=21
flash with rsd lite following Flash xml recovery files (Stock Rom) with RSD Lite

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

or download Motorola Milestone 3 (XT860) firmware (.XML)
from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=21
flash with moto-fastboot.exe

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

more in my List
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links For: Milestone 3 (XT860, XT861, XT860, ME863)

Last edited: