Note 3 LTE no option for 4G network connection

Search This thread

Dimitri Stephan

Jul 6, 2009
Hello people,

I have recently acquired a Note 3 LTE (Snapdragon 800) model of the phone which is 4G compatible but for some reason, I get no option to select a 4G network. The only options I have to chose from is 3G/2G (auto connect) and 3G only. I have attached a screenshot below showing what I mean. On other Note 3 LTE phones, I've seen a different set of options such as LTE/WCDMA/GSM etc...
Why is it so? I am running the latest version of android according to Samsung update which is version 4.3. So is this a software issue or what? My service provider says that samsung should release a software update to solve this issue but I don't understand why this is the case. If anyone can clarify this issue for me I would be very glad.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-01-02-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-01-02-03.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 5,321

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hello people,

I have recently acquired a Note 3 LTE (Snapdragon 800) model of the phone which is 4G compatible but for some reason, I get no option to select a 4G network. The only options I have to chose from is 3G/2G (auto connect) and 3G only. I have attached a screenshot below showing what I mean. On other Note 3 LTE phones, I've seen a different set of options such as LTE/WCDMA/GSM etc...
Why is it so? I am running the latest version of android according to Samsung update which is version 4.3. So is this a software issue or what? My service provider says that samsung should release a software update to solve this issue but I don't understand why this is the case. If anyone can clarify this issue for me I would be very glad.

Thanks!

What region are you in?
What firmware version are you on?
Has your LTE been activated by your provider yet?

Dimitri Stephan

Jul 6, 2009
What region are you in?
What firmware version are you on?
Has your LTE been activated by your provider yet?

I am in Beirut, Lebanon.
I also have a Galaxy S4 with the latest updates and I get a 4G connection in certain areas. So yes, 4G had already been activated by my provider.
I've attached another screenshot because I am not sure what you mean by firmware version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-03-21-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-03-21-56.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 2,298

Dimitri Stephan

Jul 6, 2009
Can you compare the S4 and Note 3 "apn settings" to see if they are the same? You might have to manually input your carrier's apn settings into the note.

The apn settings are the same since they have been both configured automatically when the service provider sent the settings to be saved.
What else could it be?

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
I am in Beirut, Lebanon.
I also have a Galaxy S4 with the latest updates and I get a 4G connection in certain areas. So yes, 4G had already been activated by my provider.
I've attached another screenshot because I am not sure what you mean by firmware version.

Try flashing one of the other LTE N9005 roms and see if you get the listings under settings appear( backup first). I know some roms take this option out like at&t here in the states.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Better yet try this:

open your dialer and type *#2263# and see if you get the lte option.

Dimitri Stephan

Jul 6, 2009
Try flashing one of the other LTE N9005 roms and see if you get the listings under settings appear( backup first). I know some roms take this option out like at&t here in the states.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Better yet try this:

open your dialer and type *#2263# and see if you get the lte option.

Alright so good news. I received a message telling me that there is a new firmware update available, so I downloaded and installed it. Now I get a 4G option even though I never once got a 4G signal during the day. I guess waiting is my only option now. What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-19-02-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-19-02-39.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 2,203

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Alright so good news. I received a message telling me that there is a new firmware update available, so I downloaded and installed it. Now I get a 4G option even though I never once got a 4G signal during the day. I guess waiting is my only option now. What do you think?

thats good but still you should have the lte option. did u try the code?

Add|e

Dec 11, 2013
Hi guys.

I am facing a somewhat similar issue. What makes it different is that I had the LTE option when I bought the Note 3, although there was no 4G service in the country at that time. However, I think it was after an update that I no longer have the LTE option available to in my network settings. Right now, in my home country, LTE hasnt yet been introduced. But like I said, there was no LTE in my previous country of residence either yet I had the LTE option.

By the way, the code *#2263# does nothing at all on my set.

Appreciate any feedback and resolutions.

Thanks

Last edited:

R2D2_NZ

Nov 23, 2010
City of Sails
Hello people,

Thanks!

If your phone is rooted (seems like it isn't) then you can manually edit a config file to enable LTE. If not, you'll be waiting for another OTA update I think.

darwinwin

Jul 15, 2012
Beirut

sadi2e you have to go Touch or Alfa to replace your SIM with a 4g compatible one, btw ignore the costumer support telling you that you won't receive any signal if you get out of 4g zones,they are total idiots
I replaced mine and now getting 13 14 mb/s speeds
Contact me here if you need any further assistance

Dimitri Stephan

Jul 6, 2009
sadi2e you have to go Touch or Alfa to replace your SIM with a 4g compatible one, btw ignore the costumer support telling you that you won't receive any signal if you get out of 4g zones,they are total idiots
I replaced mine and now getting 13 14 mb/s speeds
Contact me here if you need any further assistance

Nice to see a Lebanese on these forums. I've already changed my sim card to the 4G capable one but I still don't see a 4G icon wherever I go.

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Nice to see a Lebanese on these forums. I've already changed my sim card to the 4G capable one but I still don't see a 4G icon wherever I go.

Im from there too originally. Did you change your modem at some point? It could be that your current modem is not LTE capable. Or let me ask you this: Did you install a stock rom from a different country other then the one that your device is intended to? bas bi beirut fi LTE aw wen maken?

Dimitri Stephan

Jul 6, 2009
Im from there too originally. Did you change your modem at some point? It could be that your current modem is not LTE capable. Or let me ask you this: Did you install a stock rom from a different country other then the one that your device is intended to? bas bi beirut fi LTE aw wen maken?

What modem are you talking about? The rom is stock. LTE is only available in Beirut and some other places surrounding it.

tjghattas

Jan 1, 2013
Beirut
how ?

Hello , I have a USIM, and note3 4G ( bought from KSA and tried on 4G in Dubai and KSA) . I did not get any updates on wifi nor through kies .

Did you change you upload a new platform ( kitkat) before you got the update ? or did you just wake up and found an update ?

PS : I live in Beirut Lebanon too .

Thanks

M

mabr786

Me too with the same problem

I bought my phone from Dubai.. i saw the LTE option when i used my phone there.. but then i flashed Poland's latest firmware and rooted my device.. now i am in South Asia , and my phone doesn't show any LTE option..! :silly: weird..

I'll say it again: Each CSC has a different list of 4G activated providers that are not directly related to the region they are in.

Which means that a device can have 4G activated for 50 providers, just not the one your SIM belongs to. As such, if you insert the SIM, the 4G toggle is disabled.

Each provider has to individually pass on the fact that they have 4G to Samsung. Even then it's not activated for each CSC.

As such, my DBT Note 3 had 4G on T-Mobile NL months before the TL and PHN ROMs had it.

Also, South Asia uses a different frequency your EU firmware can't detect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll say it again: Each CSC has a different list of 4G activated providers that are not directly related to the region they are in.

Which means that a device can have 4G activated for 50 providers, just not the one your SIM belongs to. As such, if you insert the SIM, the 4G toggle is disabled.

Each provider has to individually pass on the fact that they have 4G to Samsung. Even then it's not activated for each CSC.

As such, my DBT Note 3 had 4G on T-Mobile NL months before the TL and PHN ROMs had it.

Also, South Asia uses a different frequency your EU firmware can't detect.