Android 2.0.1 Clean/Glossy {UPDATED jul18} a bit tweaking latest kernel uploaded

Search This thread

sanjayecb

Mar 4, 2009
Android 2.0.1 Clean \ Glossy Version
Hey Frendz i am back this time use bandwidth wisely

http://www.myxperoid.com/​

Even bundled headphones sound great

1 Main speaker working audio working.... {thx to xda members especially drlucky}
2 wifi working
3 Astro new version added(no waiting)
4 Headphones working {thanks to vdelf}
5 keyboard mapped
6 Backlight control working(thanks to vdelf again)

What you need to do with it:
1. Extract android 20100430.7z on your computer.
2. Copy all files and directories to the root of your sd-card. Do not create any directory, just copy them to the blank sd-card.
3.On the X1 open the sd-card and run haret.exe. You will get alot text running across the screen.

Links
Glossy version
http://myxperoid.com/Xperia-x1-xperoid/android-201-glossy-version-scanny.html
Clean version
http://myxperoid.com/Xperia-x1-xperoid/android-201-clean-version.html

Android (Xperoid) is allmost at the stage to be stable enough to use day in day out!
Not everything is working, like camera, headphones (or) WiFi, but it doesn't bother me that mutch.
I can call, text and use the internet so i`m fine

The few things i've encountered and tried to solve (most answers came from this topic)

- WiFi
If you want to use WiFi, use the kernel of the previous version (you can't use headphones anymore, but I prefer WiFi above that), also turn on WiFi in Windows Mobile before you hit HaReT.exe
Kernel can be downloaded here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayecb View Post
Old Versions of Android (Experoid)
android 20100420.7z
(since I can't post links, klik on the quote)

- GPS
Turn off GPS in Android (Experoid) else you will get pwnd by the phone, becouse it will freeze in like 5-10 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardzen View Post
Go to settings > wireless and connections > (some other step, will update in 5 min) > Press "Menu" button > Add APN.
- SMS
To send messages, go to your Windows Mobile and change some settings (if you want to know how read this topic, it's in here).
EDIT it's even here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimipoh View Post
For those that have problems with SMS sending, I found a solution! The problem is, your SMSC (SMS Centre) is not set correctly for Android. You will need to change your SMSC to the correct number without the "+" sign and your Android will be able to send SMS. I'm using SEX1 as my WinMo OS, you can change your SMSC by going to Comm Manager >> Settings >> Phone >> Services >> Voice Mail and Text Messages and change the "+" sign to "00". I'm on Maxis Malaysia, so mine would read 0060120000015 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************0060120000015******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************0060120000015******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************0060120000015******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Once that is done, just run haret.exe and you are good to go.
- GPRS Data Connections
If you want to use your data connections from your operator, you need to fill them in manually.
Quote:
Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Name Accespoint (I guess it's called like that, I have it in Dutch so I need to translate ) > " Menu Button " > New APN.

Some problems I've ran into that I don't know how to fix:
- Screen never turns off, it just turns black, but it's still on.
- Market fails sometimes, you have internet connection, but market gives you errors

I've encountered more problems but atm I don't remember so they weren't huge fails I guess
I`m not trying to be like "This sucks and that sucks" just trying to help improvement.

I hope I've helped out a bit, btw a tip:
put like a FAQ in the first message, so you don't get 25 posts like "My WiFi aint workin' HELP MEEEH!"

sorry i just copy and pasted it from a reply from falcobredewold

People who support me:-
Thanks to all people who supported us
I would be upgrading my plan thanks to all you people

Last edited:

notowork

Jan 16, 2010
thanks in advance

Nice work Sanjay, i lost all hope with Fatsal's lost mobile :p

is there a way of running this from the Phone memory and not from SD? do you think it will going to enhance the speed?

Last edited:

sanjayecb

Mar 4, 2009
no u can only run dis from sd card
it is not a complete replacement for wm as u can not use camera , gps , and key mapping is also not proper

Last edited:

ronaldvg

Dec 11, 2005
Just downloaded the file from Hotfile and it says it does not contain archives...

Am now downloading from Mediafire. will take some time.

Sanjay, thanks for sharing btw !!!

Mediafire one works with unpacking ! Took more than an hour to download :-(

Last edited:

Jonny4911

Jan 28, 2009
London
is this the same android system? but just with the updated kernel?
or have you changed/upgraded something in android as well?

Bommetje

Apr 12, 2009
Utrecht
Thanks Sanjayecb. It works great. Sound and wifi are both working. It's also quite fast. I think it beats Winmo 6.5.3 at speed.

dawen

Nov 13, 2008
so whats the difference with this release than the latest kernel release where speaker and wifi already working

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Is there a way to add default android keyboard? I very much prefer it over HTC one that this distro sports.

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Do you mean the keyboard? HTC lacks few characters, some of which important - like ` for example. This is why I don't like HTC one

Musse_1

Nov 9, 2008
hi sanjayecb,

nice work, with sound working. it's fast progress.

cheers,
fatsal

salam fatsal!
Hope all well with you:)

during past week we've tried Android 2.1 with HTC sense on X1 and is working quite well however, with once again, the screen upside down...

You have worked a lot with it and had to patch android driver to initialize the panel the correct way:rolleyes: would it be possible for you to share with us the patched driver or point us to right direction?

thanks!

EDIT: Thanks to vdelf, fix for the upside down screen http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=6249097#post6249097

Last edited:

dexteral

Aug 23, 2009
nice to see you again fatsal, although i wish u get another x1 so we can have you working on android as well. :hopeful:
@ sanjay pls metion the contributors name to getting android working
audio working.... thx to xda members especially drlucky
and so on.....
i like the fact that u uploaded the file with the new kernel

Top Liked Posts