[Faria]HTC-wizard-[how to cook your ext-rom ]tutorial here!!

Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
after so many request...here it is...the ext-rom cooking tutorial
first download the ext-rom maker kit from here;
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Wizard/DumpROM/htc-wizard-ext-rom-maker-kit.zip

then download the attached tutorial.

A great deal of time and patience was needed to put this together, from me, so please drop by the forum to say thanks if nothing else.
I know some of you would like to be able to extract you own extended rom base from your roms, this is easyest way that I could come up with for everyone specially the novices, plus that is another tutorial.
please post your coments/problems here for the benefit of every one
Regards,
Jose faria [aka] faria

Attachments

• tutorial.zip
    379.4 KB · Views: 8,786
Last edited:

mengesb

Sweet! I'll be checkin' this out once I get home to my computer, baking in 100 degree weather at the moment - dare not turn it on during this damned heat wave. My AC is leaving the fridge open and sitting on the bottom ledge =).

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
Re: [Faria]HTC-wizard-[how to cook your ext-rom ]tutorial he

faria said:
...A great deal of time and patience was needed to put this together, from me, so please drop by the forum to say thanks if nothing else.

Hi! Well, I didn't even use your tutorial (yet), but still I just wanted to say thanks for your work. All the work from everyone that is contributing useful stuff should be rewarded once in a while, if only by a simple "thanks!" <-- so there you go :D

Oh and good luck tomorrow with the soccer match Portugal - The Netherlands!

Greetz,
Jeroen (Proudly Dutch, hehe)

P.S. Now that I come to read the PDF, isn't the location for the ext rom (as noted in step 4 in your tutorial) '\Extended_Rom', that is, with an underscore ('_') and not a hyphen ('-')? I am pretty sure it is spelled with an underscore.

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Re: [Faria]HTC-wizard-[how to cook your ext-rom ]tutorial he

j0bro said:
faria said:
...A great deal of time and patience was needed to put this together, from me, so please drop by the forum to say thanks if nothing else.

Hi! Well, I didn't even use your tutorial (yet), but still I just wanted to say thanks for your work. All the work from everyone that is contributing useful stuff should be rewarded once in a while, if only by a simple "thanks!" <-- so there you go :D

Oh and good luck tomorrow with the soccer match Portugal - The Netherlands!

Greetz,
Jeroen (Proudly Dutch, hehe)

P.S. Now that I come to read the PDF, isn't the location for the ext rom (as noted in step 4 in your tutorial) '\Extended_Rom', that is, with an underscore ('_') and not a hyphen ('-')? I am pretty sure it is spelled with an underscore.
u are correct there is a missplelling .it has been corrected,thanks for pointing that out.and good luck to.

Phoney

May 14, 2006
I hardly ever carry a laptop pc since I've gotten the 8125.

I managed to download, unzip and displaý it, but pdf files don't wrap text, so it's too hard to read the file. I can wait until I get to a PC, but if you could post it in (pocket) Word, I would br sooo happy.

It's ok if you can't, I'm still your biggest fan -- all these other guys are your second-biggest fans :)

Only your biggest fan would type all his fanmail out on his Wizard. My thumbs sure are tired! :)

bsmllh99

Jun 24, 2006
SG
www.mirhayat.com
Hi Faria,

Works like a charm. I am able to load the CABs to the extended ROM. Now, waiting for the other portion of your tutorial... how to disable the "User Input" when installing the CAB files...

:roll: :wink: :wink:

Thanks a lot. Rgds

Dr Puttingham

Retired Moderator
Jul 24, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
I'm sure I'm having a senior blond moment, please bear with me! The PDA Mobiz rom has some really cewl cabs I'd like to copy out but I don't see the extended-rom from TC ??? I used your supplied TC cab and typed \extended-rom .. nothing...

Thanks all!

Steven

chow