Samsung S Pen Compatible with T-989

Search This thread

aleks_

Oct 11, 2011
Does anyone know if the Galaxy S pen will work with our T-989 and if there is a way to port that software onto our phones or will it be included in our ICS update? The reason I ask is because i hate using my fingers to draw something in the drawsomething app. I love that app but would like to make my drawings better. So will the S pen be compatible???

IllBill

Jun 19, 2011
Miami
I think the S pen is just like any other stylus..not sure tho..if you have some sort of stylus lying and try that and see if that works..

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
ROM: Juggernaut 5.0

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
That is not correct. The S-Pen is a Wacom digitizer pen that does not work on a our compasitive screens. The wacom feature allows for pressure sensitive versus heat sensitive

IllBill

Jun 19, 2011
Miami
Thanks for the correction..wasn't to sure..my bad lol..Learn something new everyday..

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
ROM: Juggernaut 5.0

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
No worries, Im a graphic artist and that was the first thing I wanted to know when it came out. There are a few youtube videos on that question.

xxKamikazexx

Nov 11, 2011
Arlington, Tx
I thought our phones screen responded to electrons.... Verified it with a battery, slide the positve side and nothing but when you slide the negative side of the battery on the screen it responds. So anyhting with a negative charge would work with the phone right?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

aleks_

Oct 11, 2011
I thought our phones screen responded to electrons.... Verified it with a battery, slide the positve side and nothing but when you slide the negative side of the battery on the screen it responds. So anyhting with a negative charge would work with the phone right?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

That is interesting but I'm not sure I want to try so I'll take your word for it. And thanks everyone for the replies.....it's a little confusing to say the least. I was hoping for better news that would allow us to use a stylus. Maybe something will come up. Who knows.....

kkg720

Oct 14, 2011
The note has two digotozers that allow for input through fingers and the s pen stylus. It has to be s pen because it is a different type of stylus so normal run off the mill styluses won't work. Same deal with us, but we only have one digitzer for input from finger only. So neither s pen nor stylus will work unless you get the one made for capacitive screens which are nit accurate at all.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk