[Q] Something wrong with gaming.

Search This thread

AssassinGEO

Sep 12, 2013
Tbilisi
Hey folks , I got some strange problems with my phone here.

So,what's my story about. My gaming performance just suddenly got bad. Before,I was on official 4.3 with everything stock and games ran flawlessly. Then I flashed AOSP ROM and everything still worked as it should (games didn't lag) and I was on AOSP for more than 4 months.
Now,I flashed back stock sammy-based ROM , and only after 4 days,I noticed that gaming performance is really bad.

Let's start from the fact that only god knows what I've done with my phone today to fix that, but I was unsucsessful. I changed ROMs,kernels,tweaked my phone,overclocked it,but nothing , games still lag like hell. Real Racing 3 has BIG fps drops,dead trigger 2 (low) has some lag spikes and some fps drops,too. Now I downloaded modern combat 4 and it was unplayable! I haven't flashed stock with odin,as my computer doesn't read my phone in download mode (again!),so I'm lazy to do it on other computer. But still thinking of that. Maybe at least very official ROM is the last hope.

So,can anyone help me? This is the first problem which I can't fix and that's bothering me,though I already got used to fact that now I may have to live without gaming,lol. Not a big problem,as for now. But really? What can be the cause? What's wrong with my phone? Why is UI smooth,why can't I see any lag when watching HD videos and etc, but games lag so badly? Look how good my score in antutu is (no overclocking,cpu and gpu - everything stock):

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-06-23-53-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-06-23-53-38.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 24

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
If you are using a custom kernel disable zram. Real racing 3 will lag when offers are loaded at the title screen. If you get lag in game then you have something else going on.

System panel on the playstore can help you see what is going on. Also disable dvfs with the xposed module as that causes issues with overclocked devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: AssassinGEO

AssassinGEO

Sep 12, 2013
Tbilisi
If you are using a custom kernel disable zram. Real racing 3 will lag when offers are loaded at thebtitle screen. If you get lag in game then you have something else going on.

System panel on the playstore can help you see what is going on. Also disable dvfs with the xposed module as that causes issues with overclocked devices.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm not overclocked.

Btw,will try and report back. Thanks!

EDIT: Helped partially,like 20%,but still lags,just less fps drop downs. Thanks for trying to help!
Anyone else. Would like to fix this issue.

Last edited:

flither

Dec 12, 2013
I have similar problem (just posted a help thread about it), in my case it's thermal throttling which is scaling down CPU to 800MHz after 5 mins of playing heavy games. try running CPU analyzer from System Tuner and check if that's the problem.

monstersghost

Apr 23, 2014
Kuwait city
Hey folks , I got some strange problems with my phone here.

So,what's my story about. My gaming performance just suddenly got bad. Before,I was on official 4.3 with everything stock and games ran flawlessly. Then I flashed AOSP ROM and everything still worked as it should (games didn't lag) and I was on AOSP for more than 4 months.
Now,I flashed back stock sammy-based ROM , and only after 4 days,I noticed that gaming performance is really bad.

Let's start from the fact that only god knows what I've done with my phone today to fix that, but I was unsucsessful. I changed ROMs,kernels,tweaked my phone,overclocked it,but nothing , games still lag like hell. Real Racing 3 has BIG fps drops,dead trigger 2 (low) has some lag spikes and some fps drops,too. Now I downloaded modern combat 4 and it was unplayable! I haven't flashed stock with odin,as my computer doesn't read my phone in download mode (again!),so I'm lazy to do it on other computer. But still thinking of that. Maybe at least very official ROM is the last hope.

So,can anyone help me? This is the first problem which I can't fix and that's bothering me,though I already got used to fact that now I may have to live without gaming,lol. Not a big problem,as for now. But really? What can be the cause? What's wrong with my phone? Why is UI smooth,why can't I see any lag when watching HD videos and etc, but games lag so badly? Look how good my score in antutu is (no overclocking,cpu and gpu - everything stock):

Sometimes the games lag but not like u mentioned.. If u want a stock 4.3 that is flashable via recovery and you can have great performance then i have one.. I really have and own it :)
Here is the link: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/rom-t2744141/post52483316

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are using a custom kernel disable zram. Real racing 3 will lag when offers are loaded at the title screen. If you get lag in game then you have something else going on.