Sense 6 Update

Search This thread

FYL21

Mar 18, 2013
Congrats, after updating, you should get another update regarding the recent apps button which resolve the issue I was having.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk

I think 901e's Sense 6 update combined the updates together so that the recent apps button can work as a menu button, just initially after the update the button was only for recent apps, you have to go under "Display, Gestures and Buttons" in settings to set it back the way you want.

If anyone has an Exchange ActiveSync Mail account, I wouldn't recommend using it after the update; delete it before it prompts you to encrypt the SD card. (it never asked me before) It ended up corrupting my SD card causing problems with formatting and unmounting using the phone.

After a factory reset, I'm finally I am able to enjoy the full extent of Sense 6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Open file and replace last string App_switch --> MENU
    Reset phone.
    Need root & s-off.
    1401702076786.jpg1401702089724.jpg

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Free mobile app
    mine says the same :(
    anyway to force the update?

That might be because for the CID HTC__622, the update hasn't been published yet. Either be patient or install a custom ROM.
    but i thought that 901s version was receiving the update... if not i still wait for it...
    If this was based on @FYL21's post, look again, he owns a 901e. (-;

now i am supercid but nothing...

Supercid is very unlikely to help you in this case, because even if you change the CID in your firmware, you won't change the ones written inside the system (like build.prop).

Sure, you can go ahead and modify it. I still doubt it will make the update appear on your phone, because you'll still have a version of system corresponding to your original CID. You may have already noticed that each CID has its unique version numbers, for instance, HTC__622 version strings always contain the number 708. Even if the update somehow did appear, it won't apply properly because the update contains binary diffs and those won't apply to different files from a different ROM.

In short, supercid won't affect your OTA updates, it would only affect which RUUs you'd be able to install if there were any.
    is it better if i put back my old Cid or it is the same if i left super Cid?

I don't think it matters, but I don't know for sure. I guess a lot of people do have supercid but they still received the previous updates.