[DEV]Slider SL101 Compatibility Pack for TF101 ICS ROMS

Search This thread

SamuelDebruyn

Apr 26, 2011
sa.muel.be
Hi

This is a compatibility package for the Asus EEE Pad Slider SL101. It should be flashed with CWM on top of an ICS ROM that is compatible with the TF101.

Confirmed working!

If it fails, don't panic. Just flash the ICS ROM you were using again. If this is your first custom ROM on the Slider you should be able to go back to stock.

Don't use this with Honeycomb ROMS. If this one works I'll create another one for Honeycomb but I think someone already made one.

It should work perfectly with CM 9 and AOKP.

NB: the official update zip on the Asus website for the TF101 is fully compatible with the SL101.

Changelog:
v1.3: replaced updater binary
v1.2: replaced corrupt zip
v1.1: fixed updater script
v1.0: initial release (based on V9.2.1.17)

Features
Most of the TF101 ICS ROMS will work with the Slider without this but these files change some device specific settings:
-sound should be better (both speaker & headphones)
-battery life should be better
-support for more keyboards

Attachments

• SL101comp_1_3_signed.zip
    289.4 KB · Views: 2,109
Last edited:

Magnum20

Apr 17, 2011
Lansing
flashing now

flashing now. will report back with results
i'm using AOKP [v1.8] Build 29

Results: Got an error.

Finding Update Package...
Opening Update Package...
Installing Update....
Preparing to install the SL101 compatibility pack ....
mount() expects 3 args, got 4
E:Error in /sdcard/SL101comppack.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoshi411

SamuelDebruyn

Apr 26, 2011
sa.muel.be
flashing now. will report back with results
i'm using AOKP [v1.8] Build 29

Results: Got an error.

Finding Update Package...
Opening Update Package...
Installing Update....
Preparing to install the SL101 compatibility pack ....
E:Error in /sdcard/SL101comppack.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Should be fixed, could you try again?

Magnum20

Apr 17, 2011
Lansing
Should be fixed, could you try again?

Well I got another error. I tried downloading twice (once on my tablet, once on my laptop) but I still got the same error

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/SL101comppack_1_1.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

interesting, when I try to open the file on my computer, I get the error, "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged" Maybe a bad upload? I've downloaded three times now

SamuelDebruyn

Apr 26, 2011
sa.muel.be
I may not understand the purpose of this, but this package contains 100% the same files as ICS update for TF101. So what is "SL101" compatible here? Every ICS TF101 based ROM have already those files.

The official update file contains these files and so does your ROM but these files are not included in some custom ROMs like CM9 or AOKP.

Asus uses one single update file to update the TF101, the TF101G and the SL101 and I even found something about the TF300T (not released yet).

mike1986.

The official update file contains these files and so does your ROM but these files are not included in some custom ROMs like CM9 or AOKP.

Asus uses one single update file to update the TF101, the TF101G and the SL101 and I even found something about the TF300T (not released yet).

ah ok, I understand now! Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

darktyroll

Jan 31, 2010
Hi
Features
Most of the TF101 ICS ROMS will work with the Slider without this but these files change some device specific settings:
Both speakers? LOL, it is true? Right now i know only one speaker the asus slider have (or just one is enabled?)

frdurso

Sep 20, 2010
Belo Horizonte
Error

Hi, tried to install in my Slider running latest ICS for Transformer (WW_9.2.1.17) and CWM 3.2.0.1... got it:

-- Installing: /sdcard/signed_SL101comp_1_2.zip
Installing update...
Preparing to install the SL101 compatibility pack...
E:Error in /sdcard/signed_SL101comp_1_2.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

frdurso

Sep 20, 2010
Belo Horizonte
A question: I having sound issues, it becomes mute and I have to reboot the device to get the sound working again, also having a little instability... is this update fix the mute sound problem?
thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Ok, will look into that. Btw, you don't need to flash this if you're running stock ICS for TF101

Oh, is it only for custom roms then?

SamuelDebruyn

Apr 26, 2011
sa.muel.be
A question: I having sound issues, it becomes mute and I have to reboot the device to get the sound working again, also having a little instability... is this update fix the mute sound problem?
thanks!

I don't think so. It tweaks the settings for the sound processor. Sound should be more clear with this.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------
Oh, is it only for custom roms then?

Yes, the stock ROMs for the TF101, TF101G, SL101 and TF300T (not released yet but I found related files in the source) already include all the files needed for all these devices. It's meant for custom ROMs where these files are deleted from the source.

Example: you don't need it in Android Revolution HD because they are already included.

SamuelDebruyn

Apr 26, 2011
sa.muel.be
Hi, tried to install in my Slider running latest ICS for Transformer (WW_9.2.1.17) and CWM 3.2.0.1... got it:

-- Installing: /sdcard/signed_SL101comp_1_2.zip
Installing update...
Preparing to install the SL101 compatibility pack...
E:Error in /sdcard/signed_SL101comp_1_2.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Even if it's stock, you should be able to flash it. Could you try again?

encryptioncsta

Mar 7, 2012
i just recently got a slider and am wondering how cyanogenmod 9 is for this device, is everything working as in all hardware and are all features working etc

i have cyanogenmod 9 for all my devices so i kinda wanna try it but am scared as theres not alot of users reporting feedback on this rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

This is a compatibility package for the Asus EEE Pad Slider SL101. It should be flashed with CWM on top of an ICS ROM that is compatible with the TF101.

Confirmed working!

If it fails, don't panic. Just flash the ICS ROM you were using again. If this is your first custom ROM on the Slider you should be able to go back to stock.

Don't use this with Honeycomb ROMS. If this one works I'll create another one for Honeycomb but I think someone already made one.

It should work perfectly with CM 9 and AOKP.

NB: the official update zip on the Asus website for the TF101 is fully compatible with the SL101.

Changelog:
    v1.3: replaced updater binary
    v1.2: replaced corrupt zip
    v1.1: fixed updater script
    v1.0: initial release (based on V9.2.1.17)

Features
    indeed, please somebody make jb for sl101
    please make a jelly bean 4.2.1 patch
    I currently using revolver rom on my Slider, the only problem is MyNet application, always force close, any fix for that. thanks :)

I'm sorry but I'm not maintaining this anymore. If Asus decides our tablets won't get any further updates I'll create one last compatibility pack. But I'm not sure it'll be compatible with Jelly Bean or Key Lime Pie.
    I may not understand the purpose of this, but this package contains 100% the same files as ICS update for TF101. So what is "SL101" compatible here? Every ICS TF101 based ROM have already those files.

Or maybe it's only for CM?