FIX: cannot download from Play Store on Cellular Data...Solution !

Search This thread

GODSPD

Nov 3, 2012
Gold Coast
Many users including myself cannot download anything from the Play Store on 3G H or H+ E or CDMA..The download will fail and you will receive 'Invalid Package' error message each time.

Once connected to WiFi everthing works fine...

After trying various fixes, ROMS, asking questions, and hours spent researcing i have found a fix. The problem lies not with the phone but the Network Provider, I use Vodafone AU on my factory unlocked but Telstra delivered I9305 GT, Since Vodafone has not yet released this version they have not set up their proxy for the Google Play store. If you are facing issues when downloading from the Play Store, try this:

Settings - Wireless and networks - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Name \ (name of operator apn) \

DELETE: PROXY and PORT configuration !!! (leave the MMS Proxy and MMS Port alone)

Done :)

101mrniceguy

Oct 14, 2012
Hamilton
Many users including myself cannot download anything from the Play Store on 3G H or H+ E or CDMA..The download will fail and you will receive 'Invalid Package' error message each time.

After trying various fixes, ROMS, asking questions, and hours spent researcing i have found a fix. The problem lies not with the phone but the Network Provider, I use Vodafone AU on my factory unlocked but Telstra delivered I9305 GT, Since Vodafone has not yet released this version they have not set up their proxy for the Google Play store. If you are facing issues when downloading from the Play Store, try this:

Settings - Wireless and networks - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Name \ (name of operator apn) \

DELETE: PROXY and PORT configuration !!! (leave the MMS Proxy and MMS Port alone)

Thanks heaps. I have always been annoyed when it would work

xpauldd

Sep 25, 2008
hy

I got my phone from orange and then i unlocked network and now i use cosmote and a cant use data mobile 3g h h+ and i have done wat u say but nothing . I can use only wi-fi data mobile no

Last edited:

mistersingh

Jan 16, 2009
mumbai
HI, I used your method. Google play i working properly. But other downloads stops like 4shared or any other file hosting services. Please help.
I am using Vodafone Mumbai on Sony xperia sl.

faaiqs

Sep 28, 2013
Bought lenovo k900 and faced the same problem,,,,,,,,,,,,but solved after reading your method .........thank you very much

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
After some search, I found that the 'Media' process should also have background Data enabled for Google Play to work on 3G/Data connection. I had restricted background data for this process as well. After removing the restriction on Background data for both 'Media' & 'Play' Store, I am now able to download over 2G/3G connection as well.

The 'Update over Wifi' setting had nothing to do with the issue apparently.

Reactions: fallenwout

stratuus

Jul 30, 2007
After some search, I found that the 'Media' process should also have background Data enabled for Google Play to work on 3G/Data connection. I had restricted background data for this process as well. After removing the restriction on Background data for both 'Media' & 'Play' Store, I am now able to download over 2G/3G connection as well.

Hi, where are these setting found?

I can't see them....

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011

This.
I had the same problem.

Sent from my LG-D802

xenos54

Apr 30, 2015
This.
I had the same problem.

Sent from my LG-D802

I also had the same problem. Everthing works fine in Wifi for play store but not on mobile data.
Other apps works on mobile data as well.
After going crazy overnight trying to find answers, I stumbled on this thread and enabled background data on media then it worked like a charm!
I have android v4.4.4 on samsung galaxy a5.
Thanks everyone!!

mandarlomate

Jan 4, 2016
play store not working on mobile data

Hello Sir,
As per your solution about play store not working on mobile network is solved. Now my play store and other google apps are working fine..... Thank you so much.

Regards,
Mandar Lomate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.