[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-Bootloader/Recovery unlock process for KFire 2 [TWRP 2.6.3.0]

Search This thread

ibupropane

Nov 1, 2012
My KF2 is cycling through the Cyanogenmod boot animation followed by a very short glimse of a home screen with a the message "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped working" followed by a reboot. Any ideas what might be causing this/how to fix it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it fixed itself.

Last edited:

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/15 1st relea

Thete is no option i was looking for it too

Sent from my kindle fire 2 CM10.1 Jellybean 4.21

Reactions: Chrisbabs85

Shacho

Oct 21, 2010
Stuck on Blue Logo

Just finished fastbooting the boot.img and recovery.img file and now I'm stuck on the blue logo and system indicating booting but nothing is happening. Any suggestions or recommendations to get into recovery? Also, I reflashed the recovery.img file .... no joy.

fmkilo

Oct 8, 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA,USA
Just finished fastbooting the boot.img and recovery.img file and now I'm stuck on the blue logo and system indicating booting but nothing is happening. Any suggestions or recommendations to get into recovery? Also, I reflashed the recovery.img file .... no joy.

would you mind explaining exactly what you were doing, and where you started?
were you on stock rom?
What is the output by your terminal?
What os are you using?
What is the md5sum of the boot.img and recovery.img?
Why didn't you go with the one click?

Shacho

Oct 21, 2010
would you mind explaining exactly what you were doing, and where you started?
were you on stock rom?
What is the output by your terminal?
What os are you using?
What is the md5sum of the boot.img and recovery.img?
Why didn't you go with the one click?

Before trying to flash cm10, I was using JB-4.2 Kfire-hashcode 12-11 rom
Terminal output? as for the terminal, I am able to push the boot.img and recovery.img and reboot and kindle accepts all three commands via the cable
KF2
One click ? I never read anything about a one click...hmm

I used the method on the first post, however, I started @ step 4 since I am not using a Mac

Last edited:

fmkilo

Oct 8, 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA,USA
Before trying to flash cm10, I was using JB-4.2 Kfire-hashcode 12-11 rom
Terminal output? as for the terminal, I am able to push the boot.img and recovery.img and reboot and kindle accepts all three commands via the cable
KF2
One click ? I never read anything about a one click...hmm

I used the method on the first post, however, I started @ step 4 since I am not using a Mac

I assume that you are running windows on your pc.. 12/11 rom... that seems like it's for a kf1, this is for the KF2.
I'm not sure what you were doing, how you did it, and what you were trying to accomplish.

Shacho

Oct 21, 2010
I assume that you are running windows on your pc.. 12/11 rom... that seems like it's for a kf1, this is for the KF2.
I'm not sure what you were doing, how you did it, and what you were trying to accomplish.

Yes, I am running window7. I guess I have created a brick....hmm... no reverting back?

Last edited:

fmkilo

Oct 8, 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA,USA
I am using kf1 and I can't boot into recovery but I do have a fastboot cable.

I am able to push commands to the kf1

go back to the kf1 forum. it's got everything you need, you need to reinstall fff and twrp, then reinstall your kf1 rom. I hope I helped, This forum is not for kf1 users. it's only for kf2. most of the stuff in this forum won't work for kfhd either. I'm sorry.

Reactions: Chrisbabs85

Shacho

Oct 21, 2010
go back to the kf1 forum. it's got everything you need, you need to reinstall fff and twrp, then reinstall your kf1 rom. I hope I helped, This forum is not for kf1 users. it's only for kf2. most of the stuff in this forum won't work for kfhd either. I'm sorry.

-Thanks...That's where I'm at now...the link for fff and twrp is no longer available. I think I will be able to reboot if I can find the fff boot.img for kf1. If you or hascode can provide with the fff .img file and twrp for kf1, I would be very grateful. I have the kf1 rom. AND I will stay out of this forum...

ok...I found the fff boot zip file.... does windows has a command to unzip files?

Last edited:

MisterSir69

Jan 1, 2013
I keep having a problem where TWRP will boot fine then the next day it just says booting, I have to reload it to get it working, Anyone else having this problem?

fmkilo

Oct 8, 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA,USA
Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/15 1st relea

I keep having a problem where TWRP will boot fine then the next day it just says booting, I have to reload it to get it working, Anyone else having this problem?

If you are still on the stock rom, run my newest script. Otherwise, I don't know if anyone who has this problem

MisterSir69

Jan 1, 2013
If you are still on the stock rom, run my newest script. Otherwise, I don't know if anyone who has this problem

I cant run the yours, I reverted back to my Stock Files from this thread. I reboot and All it will do is come up to Kindle fire. So now Im stuck I cant get it to boot to load yours. I stuck now.

fmkilo

Oct 8, 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA,USA
I cant run the yours, I reverted back to my Stock Files from this thread. I reboot and All it will do is come up to Kindle fire. So now Im stuck I cant get it to boot to load yours. I stuck now.

you need to use the command fastboot -i0x1949 oem idme bootmode 3 to boot into stock recovery, then reboot, let recovery wipe data, then fastboot -i0x1949 oem idme bootmode 1 to boot back into stock os.

Reactions: tidy01

MisterSir69

Jan 1, 2013
you need to use the command fastboot -i0x1949 oem idme bootmode 3 to boot into stock recovery, then reboot, let recovery wipe data, then fastboot -i0x1949 oem idme bootmode 1 to boot back into stock os.

Ill give this a try I think I want to creat a thread with all adb and fast lot commands for easy accesse for newbs like me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing: Kindle Fire 2nd-bootloader + TWRP 2.6.3.0 for the Kindle Fire 2nd GEN

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

*** READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ***
    *** Kindle Fire 1st-gen ROMs/KERNELS are *NOT* compatible with the Kindle Fire 2. Please only flash ROMs/KERNELS that are made for the Kindle Fire 2. ***

** IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, RE-READ THROUGH THE THREAD FOR ANSWERS. WHEN YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE NO ONE HAS ASKED YOUR QUESTION, GO AHEAD AND RE-READ THE THREAD AGAIN AND USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. THEN POST YOUR QUESTION IF YOU STILL CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER **

** WHEN MOVING FROM AMAZON OS TO CM10.1 IN TWRP: "WIPE" -> "SYSTEM" AND "FACTORY RESET" TO CLEAR SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE. YOUR APPS FROM AMAZON ICS AREN'T COMPATIBLE. IF NOT YOU'LL LOOP ON THE CM10.1 BOOT ANIMATION **

[03/27] NEW support thread for OFFICIAL CM on the Otter2 (Kindle Fire 2):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2209995

** YOU SHOULD HAVE A WORKING FASTBOOT CABLE + FASTBOOT DRIVERS/ACCESS ON YOUR PC. **

Q: How do I know if my fastboot works?
    A: Plug the cable into your device and then the computer. Reboot the Kindle. It *SHOULD* show a Fastboot screen. Once at the screen use this command on your computer:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 devices
    You should see something like this:
    0123456789ABCDEF

Here's 1 website you can purchase a FASTBOOT adapter from (works with your normal USB cable)
    http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm
    ** I don't make any commission or fee from the sales of these devices, I just know they have them on stock most of the time and ship in a reasonable time frame unlike the Chinese variants found on ebay.

If you do NOT see this, then make sure you have the SDK installed correctly and you have the right setup for fastboot on your PC before proceeding.

*** BE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD CHARGE ON THE DEVICE ***

INITIAL SETUP INSTRUCTIONS (1st TIME ONLY) FOR 2ND-BOOTLOADER + TeamWinRecoveryProject INSTALL:

STEP 1. Backup your stock partitions to your own HD for later if you need disaster recovery:
    Code:
    adb pull /dev/block/mmcblk0boot0
    adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot
    adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/recovery
    adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system # This will take a few minutes
    Take those files and put them somewhere safe.

STEP 2: Download the files you will need to install 2nd-bootloader, TWRP and CM10.1:
    1. Stack override file:
      http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter2/stack
    2. [12/09] otter2-freedom-boot-10.4.6.img (USED ONLY THE FIRST TIME -- .zip files will have their own boot.img's from now on):
      http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter2/otter2-freedom-boot-10.4.6.img
      md5sum: 80f9b9ba80910de361463560f86f315a
    3. [09/03] TeamWin Recovery 2.6.3.0:
      http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter2/otter2-twrp-2.6.3.0-recovery.img
      md5sum: a66a8cbab92fd5daaa85f6303e9cc0c3
    4. older 10.2.4 bootloader file and flash to your device via fastboot:
      http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter2/otter2-u-boot-prod-10.2.4.bin
      md5sum 5b03a7b428325de8d360ec201a745498
      (You SHOULD check the MD5SUM before using fastboot -- downloads CAN be corrupted)
    5. CM-10.1/CM-10.2 for the Kindle Fire 2 (choose the latest version from):
      http://www.get.cm/?device=otter2
    6. Google Apps from: http://goo.im/gapps (choose the version: CM10.1 or CM10.2)
    Place the ROM and the gapps .zip on your device in the /sdcard area

STEP 3. Install the stack override in /system:
    ADB commands entered while booted up into STOCK *rooted* Amazon Kindle OS -- May need to enable ADB debugging in Settings:
    [2013-08-21] edited the location where stack is placed on device due to permissions changes
    Code:
    adb push stack /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/stack of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system bs=6519488 seek=1"

[ Connect fastboot cable, and reboot the device so that "Fastboot" is showing ]

STEP 4.
    Flash the OLD bootloader, new otter2-freedom-boot.img and TWRP recovery.[/B]
    *DONT RE-FLASH FREEDOM-BOOT.IMG LATER AFTER FLASHING CM10.1 -- IT'S FOR STOCK AMAZON OS ONLY / FIRST INSTALL ONLY*
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader otter2-u-boot-prod-10.2.4.bin
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot otter2-freedom-boot-10.4.6.img
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery otter2-twrp-2.6.3.0-recovery.img
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

** If everything was done correctly you will at this point see the bootmenu with a BLUE logo during the reboot. **

TO ENTER RECOVERY:
    During the blue logo screen press the power button to cycle through options and select "Recovery" to enter TWRP.

Once in TWRP you can Install" the CM-10.1/CM-10.2 by selecting "Install" and then browsing the device and selecting it, then "Add Zip" and select the Gapps .zip as well.

Use the slider to start the install.

FLASHING BACK TO STOCK:
    ** FIND THE FILES WE BACKED UP IN STEP #1 OR DOWNLOAD NEW ONES FROM THE RECOVERY THREAD HERE: **
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2035047

Once you have these files (we'll name them boot.img/recovery.img and system.img for the purpose of these instructions, but they could be different on your system).

Plug in your fastboot cable and reboot so that you see the fastboot screen and enter the following commands:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot [B]boot.img[/B]
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery [B]recovery.img[/B]
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system [B]system.img[/B] # This one will take a few minutes
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

Enjoy

THANKS TO:
    • fattire for finding the original bootloader exploit
    • TESTERS: powerpoint45 and FMKilo
    Changelog: updated 2013-07-08

freedom boot.img (for use w/ stock Amazon OS + 2nd-bootloader):
    • [07/08] Updated w/ kernel from 10.4.3 release

TeamWin Recovery (TWRP) 2.6.0.0
    • [07/08] USB Vendor ID / Product ID in recovery now matches stock Amazon OS
    • [07/08] Based on 10.4.3 stock kernel
    • [07/08] Fixed recovery bootloop issue
    • [07/08] TWRP 2.6.0.0 update
    one more reserved space
    Yes I do. Check md5 as I'm not sure that when you download them they'lll be complete!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5oda4fual3ht3/KF2_Boot_and_Recovery

:)

Bump just so everyone knows these files are here
    does anyone have a mirror of the files?

Yes I do. Check md5 as I'm not sure that when you download them they'lll be complete!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5oda4fual3ht3/KF2_Boot_and_Recovery

:)