I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

exxi

Apr 26, 2006
My Dear community,

I've been around the xda forums since wm5 and progressed to android with 7 different android phones between back then and now.

I have my s4 now for quite some time and started of with the omega Rom which gave me some sort of safety because I was just flashing update after update. I was never satisfied with its performance and I figured it's because everyone is flashing custom kernels and optimizing their phones. I just don't know much about kernels unfortunately so always sticked to settings and kernels that came with the roms.

Then came along the 4.4 roms. I started off with jamals ge Rom and was happy with the increase in performance. Now he discontinued development and I just don't know what Rom I can take to have good performance and battery life.

Also what kernel can I take and most of all how do I optimize it to get speed and decent battery life.

What Rom kernel and settings configurations do you use? Is there a fool proof manual to follow to get optimal performance?

Please help me out here to get out of limbo. I'm romless and clueless :(

Thanks my friends!

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Anubhav Agrawal

Nov 26, 2012
Delhi
My Dear community,

I've been around the xda forums since wm5 and progressed to android with 7 different android phones between back then and now.

I have my s4 now for quite some time and started of with the omega Rom which gave me some sort of safety because I was just flashing update after update. I was never satisfied with its performance and I figured it's because everyone is flashing custom kernels and optimizing their phones. I just don't know much about kernels unfortunately so always sticked to settings and kernels that came with the roms.

Then came along the 4.4 roms. I started off with jamals ge Rom and was happy with the increase in performance. Now he discontinued development and I just don't know what Rom I can take to have good performance and battery life.

Also what kernel can I take and most of all how do I optimize it to get speed and decent battery life.

What Rom kernel and settings configurations do you use? Is there a fool proof manual to follow to get optimal performance?

Please help me out here to get out of limbo. I'm romless and clueless :(

Thanks my friends!

Thomas

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

hi there romless and clueless,
incase u don't know,such threads,asking about what kernel/rom/optimisations to try are strictly forbidden on xda...

u shud try all that urself and find the best combination that suits u most..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Hi there, old member!
Unfortunately, the only person who can help you get out of your limbo is you yourself, as what people may suggest what they think is "best"/"opimal"/"great" may not bear the same results for you. The way out, as said above, is to try out the various different combinations and settle on what you feel works for you :)

That being said, thread closed [as "best" rom type threads are not allowed on XDA]

:)
A.cid
Forum Moderator

Reactions: D™
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, old member!
    Unfortunately, the only person who can help you get out of your limbo is you yourself, as what people may suggest what they think is "best"/"opimal"/"great" may not bear the same results for you. The way out, as said above, is to try out the various different combinations and settle on what you feel works for you :)

That being said, thread closed [as "best" rom type threads are not allowed on XDA]

:)
    A.cid
    Forum Moderator