Best mini keyboard/mousepad? Anyone else having problems with Hausbell mini h7?

Search This thread

Zorak27

Nov 9, 2013
What is the best wireless mini keyboard/mousepad for FTV/XBMC?

I ordered a hausbell h7 for ftv/xbmc it works but has one major problem, the HausBell often acts like i am holding the button down and getssssssssssssssssss :p stuck on any button be it a key or arrow button. This is obviously a huge annoyance, and happens often enough to where I plan to return it. My question is: do i have a faulty unit or is this a common issue with these?

I also have a QQ-Tech Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard I can't seem to get paired anyone know if these are able to be paired via FTV bluetooth?

snowf0x

Jan 27, 2011
What is the best wireless mini keyboard/mousepad for FTV/XBMC?

I ordered a hausbell h7 for ftv/xbmc it works but has one major problem, the HausBell often acts like i am holding the button down and getssssssssssssssssss :p stuck on any button be it a key or arrow button. This is obviously a huge annoyance, and happens often enough to where I plan to return it. My question is: do i have a faulty unit or is this a common issue with these?

I also have a QQ-Tech Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard I can't seem to get paired anyone know if these are able to be paired via FTV bluetooth?

I have the exact same issue. Thinking to return it as defective.

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
As of now, the Amazon dev site for the fire says the HID spec for bluetooth input is limited to the game controller HID spec, as near as I can see:

https://developer.amazon.com/public...view/supporting-controllers-on-amazon-fire-tv

This is a problem if it persists, because the USB port treats directly connected and hub connected mass storage differently.

I did read recently that there's space for an SSD inside the case, but as of now no connector take it. The lan is controlled via pcie; perhaps, especially if someone was willing to sacrifice LAN for Wifi only (I would not) it would be possible to use the PCIE to add a large SSD and have a keyboard via USB?

For now, I'm finding the Logitech K400 is acceptable for what I want.

chilinski

May 30, 2014
I have the exact same issue. Thinking to return it as defective.
I have both the Hausbell and a Favi. The Favi works fine; the Hausbell is not usable because of the key repeat problem. I swapped the two keyboards, putting the Favi on the Fire and the Hausbell on my Raspberry Pi. I get the same results with the Hausbell on the RPI.

moz68

Jul 2, 2007
GA
I have both the Hausbell and a Favi. The Favi works fine; the Hausbell is not usable because of the key repeat problem. I swapped the two keyboards, putting the Favi on the Fire and the Hausbell on my Raspberry Pi. I get the same results with the Hausbell on the RPI.

May I ask which particular Favi? Thanks

chilinski

May 30, 2014
Favi FE01-BL Mini Keyboard with Laser Pointer

I'm thinking about the new Favi that's designed for media centers. The FE02-BT or RF (bluetooth or wireless). I haven't done any research on whether the bluetooth one will work with the Fire TV though.

Reactions: moz68

YellowGTO

Jul 3, 2007
PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Phone 4
As of now, the Amazon dev site for the fire says the HID spec for bluetooth input is limited to the game controller HID spec, as near as I can see:

https://developer.amazon.com/public...view/supporting-controllers-on-amazon-fire-tv

This is a problem if it persists, because the USB port treats directly connected and hub connected mass storage differently.

I did read recently that there's space for an SSD inside the case, but as of now no connector take it. The lan is controlled via pcie; perhaps, especially if someone was willing to sacrifice LAN for Wifi only (I would not) it would be possible to use the PCIE to add a large SSD and have a keyboard via USB?

For now, I'm finding the Logitech K400 is acceptable for what I want.

Hmm I wonder if its possible to use the PCIE lane to put another USB3 controller on it. Then you could use a USB network card. if you could even get the USB controller to run.

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL
Hmm I wonder if its possible to use the PCIE lane to put another USB3 controller on it. Then you could use a USB network card. if you could even get the USB controller to run.

I have the hausbel h7.. it has a major design flaw similar to the iphone.. its antennae is inside the left portion where you hold it with your hand.. Try holding it with your right hand and it should work way better (also check your battery i get repeats with a low battery sometimes).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Favi FE01-BL Mini Keyboard with Laser Pointer

I'm thinking about the new Favi that's designed for media centers. The FE02-BT or RF (bluetooth or wireless). I haven't done any research on whether the bluetooth one will work with the Fire TV though.