[Q] TWRP backup succeeds but when booted, it's barebones

Search This thread

dude2k5

Jul 9, 2010
www.futurenology.com
Something happen to my backup or something.

I made a nandroid, then tried a diff rom which required a newer TWRP, so I updated from 2.6.33 to 2.7.1 and when I tried to restore, everything said it was ok.

So I booted in, and it was only HTC stuff. No Google stuff whatsoever, or my apps. However, looking into the app section in the settings, I see all my apps! But none have the correct icons, just the placeholders and they were all 0kb, except for a handful which has like 70kb.

I'm not sure what happened...So I went back to TWRP 2.6.33 just to see if it was the version or something, but still, the same thing when restoring. I even tried fix permissions, no go.

Had to start over, but finally got my phone mostly working, but I'm worried about future nandroids. And is this a known issue?

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Certainly shouldn't be any issues with nandroids. I think you were just unlucky with a dodgy backup

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Something happen to my backup or something.

I made a nandroid, then tried a diff rom which required a newer TWRP, so I updated from 2.6.33 to 2.7.1 and when I tried to restore, everything said it was ok.

So I booted in, and it was only HTC stuff. No Google stuff whatsoever, or my apps. However, looking into the app section in the settings, I see all my apps! But none have the correct icons, just the placeholders and they were all 0kb, except for a handful which has like 70kb.

I'm not sure what happened...So I went back to TWRP 2.6.33 just to see if it was the version or something, but still, the same thing when restoring. I even tried fix permissions, no go.

Had to start over, but finally got my phone mostly working, but I'm worried about future nandroids. And is this a known issue?

If you want it to be everything, ie apps, google stuff etc, when you do the nandroid, you need to select everthing in the list, I think it just defaults to backing up boot and system, but you need to manually select everything else, data, cache, recovery etc, you'll see them before you swipe to backup, they're just little check boxes.