Lagging/Keyboard/Notification issues after Towelroot

Search This thread

Brutal-Force

Jan 2, 2009
Actually, Towelroot may not be related, but oddly enough my phone did a couple of app updates and then Tmobile could tell my phone was rooted. Then it started acting really weird. I got a green LED notification but had none in any apps. The stock keyboard gets really laggy. (1 press per 4 seconds), if you try to long press to move a widget/button or anything, the phone hangs up.

I am almost convinced it is something Tmo is doing. The phone shows in Tmo My Accounts that the phone is rooted.

I tried to unroot (SuperUser is a no-go), I tried downgrading using downgrade methods but I get an error and it shuts down. I don't know where to start now. My phone will be kicked back from Tmo if I try to send it in. I knew one day Root Exploits would catch up with me.

If anyone has a bright idea other than wait till there is a fix, I am all ears.

D-FUSE

Oct 11, 2010
Panama City(Got to love the beach)
Actually, Towelroot may not be related, but oddly enough my phone did a couple of app updates and then Tmobile could tell my phone was rooted. Then it started acting really weird. I got a green LED notification but had none in any apps. The stock keyboard gets really laggy. (1 press per 4 seconds), if you try to long press to move a widget/button or anything, the phone hangs up.

I am almost convinced it is something Tmo is doing. The phone shows in Tmo My Accounts that the phone is rooted.

I tried to unroot (SuperUser is a no-go), I tried downgrading using downgrade methods but I get an error and it shuts down. I don't know where to start now. My phone will be kicked back from Tmo if I try to send it in. I knew one day Root Exploits would catch up with me.

Has nothing to do with rooting your phone. I wasn't rooted for 2 months and it was doing that switch to the g3 keyboard in the g2 thread use the apk installer

Reactions: brittoking

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Has nothing to do with rooting your phone. I wasn't rooted for 2 months and it was doing that switch to the g3 keyboard in the g2 thread use the apk installer

The new android L keyboard in the playstore is really smooth too. No lag, good feel, has emojis if that matters to you. There's a thread in the apps section for the 5.0 keyboard you can manually install and it'll have more skins but the easiest way is to install from the playstore.
Edit: T-mobile keeps track of rooting somehow? How have I never heard that!? Seems like something a Dev or someone would have figured out how to block or what app they're using to spy. That sucks especially in regards to warranty etcetera being denied.

Last edited:

Brutal-Force

Jan 2, 2009
Its not just the Keyboard. I too switched the thumb keyboard which resolves the lagging key-input, but there is also a blinking green led notification that won't go out and I can't answer the phone because touch input (drags and long presses) are buggered.

I have installed TWRP, gonna Try to install a rom and fix it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.