Please help me update my htc one to sense 6

Search This thread

ronn.vi

Jul 9, 2014
Please help me update my HTC one/M7 to Sense 6, i am currently at sense 5.5.. i really don't have any idea on how to update this thing. and one more thing the current sw i have is 3.63.708.3 and android 4.3 please help.. thanks.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Please help me update my HTC one/M7 to Sense 6, i am currently at sense 5.5.. i really don't have any idea on how to update this thing. and one more thing the current sw i have is 3.63.708.3 and android 4.3 please help.. thanks.

Could you post a fastboot getvar all and remove the imei and serial number?

ronn.vi

Jul 9, 2014
Could you post a fastboot getvar all and remove the imei and serial number?

i have no idea what that is. or how to find it in the phone. i tried to update the sw via the "update software" in the settings, however after downloading the update, when i attempted to install it, the phone restarted and shows me another screen that says "unlocked" "tampered" then, some other characters then there's the option to choose "reboot", "power down" and two others i cant remember, then i chose reboot and the phone just keep on restarting.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
As you have no idea you're better off just waiting for the OTA to come to your phone otherwise you run the risk of breaking something and starting another 'I've bricked my phone' thread...

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
i have no idea what that is. or how to find it in the phone. i tried to update the sw via the "update software" in the settings, however after downloading the update, when i attempted to install it, the phone restarted and shows me another screen that says "unlocked" "tampered" then, some other characters then there's the option to choose "reboot", "power down" and two others i cant remember, then i chose reboot and the phone just keep on restarting.

You will need FASTBOOT.exe & ADB.exe on your computer. Here is an installation [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot follow the directions in the post. Once they are installed in a cmd window enter the following to commands:

* adb reboot bootloader
* fastboot getvar all

In order to successfully run an OTA (update), you phone must have the stock recovery and be LOCKED or RELOCKED. It looks like your phone is UNLOCKED. The fastboot command to lock your bootloader is fastboot oem lock. However, don't lock it until after we can see what your getvar reveals. When you post your getvar all remove the variables for imei and serial numbers. You don't want this floating around the internet.

imfuzzyyy

Oct 17, 2013
las pinas

you cannot update your phone thru OTA because you are unlock and tampered meaning you have custom recovery installed., try some other custom rom to make your device sense 6

ronn.vi

Jul 9, 2014
You will need FASTBOOT.exe & ADB.exe on your computer. Here is an installation [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot follow the directions in the post. Once they are installed in a cmd window enter the following to commands:

* adb reboot bootloader
* fastboot getvar all

In order to successfully run an OTA (update), you phone must have the stock recovery and be LOCKED or RELOCKED. It looks like your phone is UNLOCKED. The fastboot command to lock your bootloader is fastboot oem lock. However, don't lock it until after we can see what your getvar reveals. When you post your getvar all remove the variables for imei and serial numbers. You don't want this floating around the internet.

thank you guys for trying help.. hehe.. i never thought the android platform could be this complicated (or its just me) haha.. i've been using iphone ever since smart phones were made available.. and i learned how to do things with ios, but this is my first time to get my hands on an android phone (wanted to try a different platform) and i am never an expert in this not even in ios though i know a few things with ios. Well i guess i'll just look for someone (in person) who could do the job for me and learn from it. Thank you so much for your comments appreciate it :)