Otterbox defender without screen protector? Anyone?

Search This thread

jhun80

May 27, 2008
Hi,
I have the M8 with slickwraps and tempered glass protector, when i buy a otterbox defender is it ok to remove the screen protector from the otterbox? Does it also fit with the slickwraps on?

4.6 Love

Nov 4, 2010
Dallas
I did that with my defender. Just removed the cheap plastic screen protector and rocking it with my tempered glass one...Just clean off the residual adhesive that was used to hold the original plastic on there with some alcohol or something and you're good.:good:

jhun80

May 27, 2008
I did that with my defender. Just removed the cheap plastic screen protector and rocking it with my tempered glass one...Just clean off the residual adhesive that was used to hold the original plastic on there with some alcohol or something and you're good.:good:

Cool thanks

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
I have been wanting to put a tempered glass screen shield on my phone but have an otterbox defender with the screen shield removed . Always been concerned I wouldnt have enough room in the case to have one . What screen shield are you using right now 4.6 Love

IcarusLSC

Sep 19, 2011
Ontario
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I took it out of my Defender too. Don't like how sloppy and how much space there is under under the so called protector. Still haven't put a screen protector one yet though...
I'm going to get a skin similar to the slickwraps as well, so hope it fits too! I use the Otterbox at work and go with just the skin when I go out...

ddgarcia05

Mar 28, 2010
Edinburg / Mcallen, Texas
I have a nillkin screen protector and it doesn't fit with my defender. The corner of the glass gets pushed up and peeled off. The glass sits back down after the clips are undone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

4.6 Love

Nov 4, 2010
Dallas
I have been wanting to put a tempered glass screen shield on my phone but have an otterbox defender with the screen shield removed . Always been concerned I wouldnt have enough room in the case to have one . What screen shield are you using right now 4.6 Love

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321379597104

This cheap ebay one. looks great for a very affordable price....a little thick but i love it and fits great with the defender.

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
I have a nillkin screen protector and it doesn't fit with my defender. The corner of the glass gets pushed up and peeled off. The glass sits back down after the clips are undone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Perhaps you could try sanding some plastic off the defender in that area if it's a very small point of contact that's getting in the way.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bmoreboy02

Dec 19, 2010
BALTIMORE MD
I had the same issue with my m7 and the otterbox defender. I popped the screen protender off the defender but when i put it on it peeled back my screen protector. I put a new screen protector on my phone then waited about 3 days then put the otterbox on and it didnt come off

SENT FROM MY ROCKING HK M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.