Any news on poetic cases?

Search This thread

gqkevyn

May 24, 2008
Which poetic case are you referring too? I emailed them a few days ago and they responded saying they didn't have any plans for the flip case style (slimline), but only making a silicone skin case.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app

xyberknight

Jul 7, 2010
Which poetic case are you referring too? I emailed them a few days ago and they responded saying they didn't have any plans for the flip case style (slimline), but only making a silicone skin case.

Here are a couple I've found in my daily browsing, both the Turtle Series and Revolution series, though middle of next month to end of next month pending which one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV9TYUK?psc=1 (Turtle)

and

http://www.amazon.com/Nvidia-Shield...&sr=1-18&keywords=nvidia+shield+tablet+rugged (Revolution)-Only in black atm.

Here's their main website link

http://www.poeticcases.com/nvidia-shield-tablet

Last edited:

Narsil007

Dec 21, 2008
Dover
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8
I ordered this one yesterday and it looks very much like the Poetic Slimline cases. I'll have to see how it works after it arrives, though, but the price is hard to beat and I like that it offers some drop protection for the corners.

718wUxmQf6L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Lomallin

Jan 3, 2010
I couldn't find a better thread, so I was hoping for assistance here. I just got the revolution case, but the screen protector on the inside has an oily sheen when it presses against the screen. Any suggestions on the best way to remove that after popping the tablet back out of the case? It is bad enough that it impacts the display quality significantly.

Thanks!

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
I couldn't find a better thread, so I was hoping for assistance here. I just got the revolution case, but the screen protector on the inside has an oily sheen when it presses against the screen. Any suggestions on the best way to remove that after popping the tablet back out of the case? It is bad enough that it impacts the display quality significantly.

Thanks!

The screen protector is glued on to the inside of the front frame so you can heat it up with a blow dryer or a heat gun then pry it up at a corner and peel it back. Otherwise you can take a razor and just cut around the opening of the frame and it should do the trick.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Lomallin

Jan 3, 2010
Oh! I'm sorry, I was not specific enough. I was hoping to clear off the oily sheen effect, not actually removing the screen protector. Thank you though for those steps.

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
pretty sure the sheen is the screen protector material itself and not some kind of coating. The oldschool ballistic cases used to do this and one of the possible solutions was to sprinkle some baby powder on it to prevent it from sticking.

Reactions: Lomallin
A trick that worked for the Otterbox on my wife's Galaxy S3 might work here as well:

First clean the display and the inside of the screen protector. Get some baby powder and while leaving the top closed shake up the container to get the powder into a fine dust inside. Take the screen protector and hold it above the shaken baby powder bottle(?), open the top of the powder and squeeze the bottle so a powder cloud comes out and slightly dusts the inside of the screen protector.

Put the case back together and hopefully the oily film is gone. Clean/Repeat as necessary.

There are videos on YouTube showing this solution. Some use the powder on the device, I think it's wiser to do it on the case/screen protector.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lomallin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pretty sure the sheen is the screen protector material itself and not some kind of coating. The oldschool ballistic cases used to do this and one of the possible solutions was to sprinkle some baby powder on it to prevent it from sticking.
    A trick that worked for the Otterbox on my wife's Galaxy S3 might work here as well:

First clean the display and the inside of the screen protector. Get some baby powder and while leaving the top closed shake up the container to get the powder into a fine dust inside. Take the screen protector and hold it above the shaken baby powder bottle(?), open the top of the powder and squeeze the bottle so a powder cloud comes out and slightly dusts the inside of the screen protector.

Put the case back together and hopefully the oily film is gone. Clean/Repeat as necessary.

There are videos on YouTube showing this solution. Some use the powder on the device, I think it's wiser to do it on the case/screen protector.