[Q] htc m8 cannot save image using facebook messenger

Search This thread

baby_emi

Sep 2, 2014
hi guys! glad to have found this thread. :)

how are your phones so far?
I have a prob with mine.. it's very weird.

idk if you're using fb messenger... but i can't save images from chat when i'm on it. when I long press on the image and press save image, the little gray popup that's supposed to come up and say "image saved" doesn't appear. tried reinstalling the messenger app, still no go, so i completely uninstalled it.

and then what I did was i also uninstalled any updates from my built-in fb app and then went back to the factory version. I could then save images from chat and they appeared in my gallery under the album named "messenger." so then, I updated the fb app (again--I could still save photos from chat at this point).. so I thought it was all good.

I went back to the play store and reinstalled fb messenger, but then I couldn't save pics again! my friend who also has an m8 could save pics using her fb messenger app (with the fb built-in app not updated since she bought it).... this is just one annoying bug!

has anyone here had this prob? or is it just me. my m8 isn't rooted, no nothing. i reset my phone to factory version and wiped out even the data on my sd card, TWICE. but still the same issue. is it the fb messenger app or is it my phone?

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
hi guys! glad to have found this thread. :)

how are your phones so far?
I have a prob with mine.. it's very weird.

idk if you're using fb messenger... but i can't save images from chat when i'm on it. when I long press on the image and press save image, the little gray popup that's supposed to come up and say "image saved" doesn't appear. tried reinstalling the messenger app, still no go, so i completely uninstalled it.

and then what I did was i also uninstalled any updates from my built-in fb app and then went back to the factory version. I could then save images from chat and they appeared in my gallery under the album named "messenger." so then, I updated the fb app (again--I could still save photos from chat at this point).. so I thought it was all good.

I went back to the play store and reinstalled fb messenger, but then I couldn't save pics again! my friend who also has an m8 could save pics using her fb messenger app (with the fb built-in app not updated since she bought it).... this is just one annoying bug!

has anyone here had this prob? or is it just me. my m8 isn't rooted, no nothing. i reset my phone to factory version and wiped out even the data on my sd card, TWICE. but still the same issue. is it the fb messenger app or is it my phone?

It's the messenger app, I have this problem too. Instead I just screenshot the pics and move them to the messenger folder via gallery.

baby_emi

Sep 2, 2014
It's the messenger app, I have this problem too. Instead I just screenshot the pics and move them to the messenger folder via gallery.

Ah.. I see. Its really weird and annoying.. Ive searched for this issue but nobody seems to have a fix. Anyway will try to use a custom rom soon and see if that will fix the problem for me.