Turn off caller ID, I want my old ring tone back

Search This thread
Hi,

Maybe i'm missing something. How do I disable the caller ID from saying the callers name (simply not loud enough), and just set it to the ringer tone I orginally had? I ran a search and came up with 1000 hits :roll:. I know there is a simple solution but maybe i'm just blind.

tumtum

May 30, 2004
Thailand
What do you mean by that ?

Do you mean to PhotoContacts that can choose ringtone per contacts?

or MS voicecommand ?

MS voice command has nothing to do with it. I mean when a caller calls me, the default ringtone (set to oldring.wma) and the girl's voice telling me who the caller is and where, come on at the same time. I want to disable the girl's vioce altogether leaving me with only the default ringtone.

What I find mysterious is that I have two versions of Caller ID's in the /Windows directory, IA-P_Contacts.exe version 1.17 (build 16895) and PhotoContacts.exe Caller ID version 1.20 (build 17975). When I customize the setting on either version and a person calls me, I can see both custom animated images pop up. As well as the girl's vioce and the ringtone I assigned to a caller.

As of now, I don't know how to turn off the girl's vioce and I have no idea why two custom animated images are showing in the pop up when a caller calls.

tumtum

May 30, 2004
Thailand
I think both IA_contacts and Photocontacts are thesame program but in different version.

If you want to disable one ,you can do it by delete it from \Windows\Startup.

Firstly ,this is an easy way to stop this problem.
In my suggestion, IA_contacts is older version and it cannot assign ringtone per contacts. If you need to use only default ringtone ,you should pick its.
But in Photocontacts which is newer version ,You can assign ringtone per contacts.

Secondly, in your Ext Rom, It may have Two version of CallerID.
To eliminate this problem, You need to edit your Ext ROM and remove one of this.

Sincere

tumtum

Thanks for the tips tumtum. This is what I entually ended up doing. More or less per your instructions.

* In Call ID Options (old version), I disabled/ unticked all the available boxes.
* Disabled/ Removed IA_Caller_ID.lnk from the /startup folder

-- reset --

Results: pop up with no images, caller ID girls still there, default ringtone is audable.

This is what I wanted, but is there a way to remove the Caller ID voice girl? The reason why I want to do this is that it the voice and the ringtone cancels each other out in most cases.

PS. It seams that when you go into the Caller ID options, without changing anything, the pop up doesn't want to show anymore and the ringtone isn't audable anymore as well. But the Caller ID girl is still there. It takes a reset to get the functions back.

Man do I want to break up with her. The sooner, the better. :x

I can do something better. I recorded it with my Sony Ericsson T610. The trick was to convert the amr file to mp3 format because I don't know whether or not you have a player that plays amr files.

When you play it, you will notice a girl telling you who is calling, according to your phone book, and at what number. I want to remove the girl talking.

[link removed]

tumtum

May 30, 2004
Thailand
That's sound like "Microsoft Voice Command".

Because I had used it before.

I'm pretty sure that's MS voice command.

To nomadman

I need you to check something
At Start > Setting > Personal, Do you have voicecammand icon?

If yes ,you can set it by clicking it.
And set option at Phone to Disable speaking the name of Contacts who calling.

,Sincere

tumtum

OMG! You are so right tumtum 8) . I just didn't realize it was a simple solution. It has been a while since I registered and installed my copy of MSVC and I didn't bother to check the command settings.Man, I sure appreciate your feedbacks on this. You have made a freind for life.

Now, to get back my old setting again. Glad I made a Sprite backup everytime I installed a cab file :lol:. If there is any way I can be of service, hollar at me.

Best regards..