Google Talk .apk's

Search This thread

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
I downloaded the apk's on my galaxy s it fixed the gapps problem but now when I try to download from the market I get a market app error amd it says the apps are fimished dowmloading in the notification bar but they are mo where to be found ahhhhhhh please help ive been trying to fix my phone for 4 days it took me this long to find the for a droid google apk's needed ...........thanks

It didn't work because these are for the Captivate specifically, but also work on the other Galaxy S phones as far as I know. You need ones for which Droid? There's so many now that I can't tell which is which. Moto Droid? Droid 2? Droid X? Droid Incredible? Lemme know and I'll help you out as best as I can!

Nov 8, 2010
Atlantic beach
I did the same with my galaxy s nut now I have process .com.android.market force close.......ahhhhh ive been trying to fix this gapps problem four days and I finally found the apk's I needed thaans ... .but if anyone can help with the market error thanks

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
I have the samsung vibrant firmware 2.1update1 my info also says kernal 2.6.29? And build number eclair.uvji6 is that what you mean by version?

For future reference, when you say "Droid" we think Verizon and the Moto Droids. You need to tell us Vibrant or i9000 or whatever Galaxy S phone you have. And when we ask for version, we mean 2.1-update1 or 2.2 like you gave me.

Sent from my Captivate

SwampDawg

I messed up

For future reference, when you say "Droid" we think Verizon and the Moto Droids. You need to tell us Vibrant or i9000 or whatever Galaxy S phone you have. And when we ask for version, we mean 2.1-update1 or 2.2 like you gave me.

Sent from my Captivate

Hi, I recently purchased a Captivate. After rooting, I started removing bloatware and removed Gtalk by mistake. Will I be able to use the apk's in this thread to fix my phone or do I need to find a different version?

Thank you,

Jim

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Worked like a charm. After I rebooted all the games I have been trying to download from market over the past two days started pouring in. lol Thank you again for posting this. I need to be more carefull in the future.

Jim

No problem. This thread is here because people make mistakes, and my dad was one of them. I figured he wouldn't be the only one so thus, this thread was born.

hantel68

Nov 11, 2010
Thanx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh this is awesome.....

My market app is going..

Thx a lot for this zip....

Bye.

gokhandroid

Dec 4, 2010
i have galaxy 5 i5500. i made the same mistake, i deleted google talk and market is not working now. i made what you said in the 1st page (i have eclair) i moved 3 apk's into system/app. and i restart my phone and it s not working. what can i do? please help me.

The Stir

Aug 12, 2008
Thanks a million you saved my day. I deleted gtalk with Titanium BU as I use Ebuddy and did not think to look up the repercussions. Then I could not restore with Titanium.

Your files worked perfectly for my Samsung Mesmerize.

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
i have galaxy 5 i5500. i made the same mistake, i deleted google talk and market is not working now. i made what you said in the 1st page (i have eclair) i moved 3 apk's into system/app. and i restart my phone and it s not working. what can i do? please help me.

Maybe try looking for a system dump of your phone and taking the .apk's from there. I've never heard of an i5500 Galaxy S so I can't help you much.

@The Stir: Glad I could help you out.

Sent from my Captivate

Bnto

Nov 23, 2010
Monterrey
is not working for my X10a 2.1 some one can help me? i installed in this order:
1. TalkProvider.apk4
2. GTalkService.apk
3. Talk.apk

obiously Talk for 2.1 not 2.2
the acount is working market gmail everithing but when some one send me a message i see incomplete message in notification bar and when i click it open talk app and an error apear closing me the app

Do anyone have the same problem ?

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
is not working for my X10a 2.1 some one can help me? i installed in this order:
1. TalkProvider.apk4
2. GTalkService.apk
3. Talk.apk

obiously Talk for 2.1 not 2.2
the acount is working market gmail everithing but when some one send me a message i see incomplete message in notification bar and when i click it open talk app and an error apear closing me the app

Do anyone have the same problem ?

These really are just for Galaxy S phones, but more specifically our Captivates. That's why it isn't working for you. I'll go grab my laptop and search around for the proper files for your X10a.

Sent from my Captivate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my dad made the mistake of uninstalling all the Google Talk related applications on his phone rendering the Android Market unusable.

This consisted of 3 things:
    1) Talk.apk
    2) TalkProvider.apk
    3) gtalkservice.apk

So for anyone else who has also made this mistake, or just wants to have these .apk's on their computer or phone as a backup... I give them to you :)

IF IT DOESNT HAVE "CWM FLASHABLE" IN THE NAME, DO NOT FLASH IT VIA CWM!

A big thank you to BTRL30NTM for making the CWM zip!!
    Just simply install them on the phone. They'll be placed where they need to be.
    Yupp. Anytime. If you delete anything let me know. I have a full dump of the system with anything you might accidentally delete

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
    Ican't thank you enough

In my tap happy faze I thought I could save some ram and uninstall what i thought was an app i never used! To my sad and flawed reasoning my market apps would not install from device but i could still adb them in so thanks for the file pack. :D
    Does anyone have the files for Froyo (2.2)?

Thx

I'm going to need you to be more specific as to what you uninstalled from the phone. The only Talk related app I can find on my phone running 2.2 is simply Talk.apk as there is nothing else anywhere on the phone. I'll add that to the OP for now.