[MetroPCS] 3G Speeds & Settings + Help Getting 3G! |PRL 3032 Released!|

Search This thread

mexigga

May 9, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey everyone,

I just spent some time updating the overall theme on the MetroPRL Website, So whenever you guys get the chance check it out and let me know what you think, All opinions are accepted. =D

metroprl.blogspot.com

And for those of you having trouble getting MMS working on a 4.67 sense rom, Just flashed Bloodys 4.67 MMS script through Amon RA Recovery, For some reason its not flashing in ClockWork Recovery. Here is a link to that specific script only for sense 4.67 roms (successfully tested on Swagstr latest SOS X rom):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5gs5wtgn2jgauj7

JD

JD, This is awesome. I can't wait to try this rom out, thanks.

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga
Yea there's no way they could possibly do that. Maybe if it were Verizon or something. But not a company like metro that's already struggling for customers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I gotta say that metro is NOT in any way struggling for customers here in Atlanta ...maybe struggling for respect from some people, but not struggling for customers (especially on the south side of atl.... ;) ) but whatever. Haters gonna hate.. Im gonna put that bootanim back on now. :D

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga
And for those of you having trouble getting MMS working on a 4.67 sense rom, Just flashed Bloodys 4.67 MMS script through Amon RA Recovery, For some reason its not flashing in ClockWork Recovery. Here is a link to that specific script only for sense 4.67 roms (successfully tested on Swagstr latest SOS X rom):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5gs5wtgn2jgauj7

JD
Dang jd.....mexigga just showed me this post... didnt know how i missed it. u must have edited/modded it after you first posted about your metroblog..:p

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
Dang jd.....mexigga just showed me this post... didnt know how i missed it. u must have edited/modded it after you first posted about your metroblog..:p

Yes, Your correct, I added it into that post after. =D

*Big Thanks to everyone that has visited MetroPrl and to those that have clicked on ads :)

JD

Last edited:

D3ja-Vu18

Dec 6, 2011
Los Angeles
For sure they won't cut off already flashed users, That would mean huge losses for them. Now the rumor about them shutting down Metro Flash and Houdini seems to be more real each time, and when you think about it, It makes sense. They want users to spend money on their phones! And I have to admit they have been making an effort to take out pretty good phones, they even have a dual core phone now!
But hopefully they won't shutdown Houdini, as I know plenty of people that make a living flashing phones.

JD

Not only because Metro wants their customers to buy their phones and make money, they might shutting down Houdini for some other legal reasons such as other companies like Virginia Mobile taking Metro to court for being flashing their CDMA Phones to MetroPCS which it was violating its legal terms and copyrights in certain places.

Reactions: JD2589

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
Hey everyone,

Any Dallas Tx users here?
I currently have a user asking me about getting 3G in Dallas, But I'm pretty sure 3G signal isn't working for flashed users over there but would like to confirm it first.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Edit: I remember a user called deseo on here. We spent so much time trying to get 3G working for him in Dallas and it was impossible, I was just looking over our PMs...

JD

Last edited:

nymica

Hey everyone,

Any Dallas Tx users here?
I currently have a user asking me about getting 3G in Dallas, But I'm pretty sure 3G signal isn't working for flashed users over there but would like to confirm it first.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Edit: I remember a user called deseo on here. We spent so much time trying to get 3G working for him in Dallas and it was impossible, I was just looking over our PMs...

JD

Yea I'm in Dallas and I can't get 3g to save my life I've tried everything......

Sent from my Infected NeuRoTic ZR3D!

killa57

Jun 1, 2010
3g is on metro brand phones connects to EVDO O. I have been trying and trying but haven't had any luck yet on flashed phones I have tried a EVO 4G and a EPIC 4g phone no luck on either one just the 1x.

sent from my HTC EVO Dallas Tx

mexigga

May 9, 2007
Los Angeles
Your Welcome, Let me know what you think after you install it. Your going to be in for a surprise with the new Aroma Installer. Swagstrs roms are always top of the line in my opinion, Great developer!

JD

man I love this rom I just need to know if you're experiencing any lag on your incoming mms after you ran the script...

nymica

Both my wife and I are having issues with texts being very unpredictable the last couple days in Dallas I think its got more to do with metro than our phones..... I had about 20 missed texts randomly blow up my phone 6-8 hour after they were actually sent

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Reactions: mexigga

mexigga

May 9, 2007
Los Angeles
Both my wife and I are having issues with texts being very unpredictable the last couple days in Dallas I think its got more to do with metro than our phones..... I had about 20 missed texts randomly blow up my phone 6-8 hour after they were actually sent

weird....I only started experiencing this after flashing new script...up to that point I was getting them regularly.

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
man I love this rom I just need to know if you're experiencing any lag on your incoming mms after you ran the script...

Yeah Swagstrs roms are awesome! :)
I'm not sure what you mean by lag, It comes in and like maybe 15 to 30 secs later the picture shows up.

My wifes phone hasn't had any problems with texts until just the other day and nothing has changed on it for months

Try maybe updating her PRL...

JD

killa57

Jun 1, 2010

Wife had the same problem so it was metropcs end

sent from my HTC EVO

JD2589

Sep 18, 2009
Miami, FL
I meant delay. I am experiencing a 30 minute delay with mms/texts. Using latest prl also....just weird.

Now I get you, I haven't been having any delays recently. But like Killa stated above the problem lies on Metros side. Maybe their updating towers in your area, who knows. It will be fixed eventually.

JD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MetroPCS] 3G Speeds & Settings + Help Getting 3G!

MetroPRL Website

Thread Introduction & Purpose:

Welcome,

You guys can call me JD, I created this general thread so MetroPCS users with flashed HTC EVO phones can post their 3G speeds & locations, and get help on obtaining 3G signal and other MetroPCS related things such as MMS settings. I'm open to answering any questions you guys may have to the best of my knowledge.
    MetroPCS is currently updating 20% of there towers from 1X to 3G.

MetroPCS 3G Coverage Map:
    Provided by Cellular Maps

View attachment 762378

Simple Steps to getting 3G:

1.Download and Write one of the following PRL's:

3019, 3020, 3022, 3023, 3024, 3025, 3026, 3027, 3028, 3029, 3030, 3031, 3032, 3033, 3035
    PRL Download Website
    PS: While at the Website, Please click on some ads, in support to maintaining the website up to date. Thank You. :)

Writen HTC EVO PRL Update Guide

Here's a HTC EVO PRL Video Update Tutorial created by Mikekelso421:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xR_rmPrU&list=UUxqzz5EkFT8YZpnC9UZR6-A&feature=plcp

2.In QSPT Service Programming under M.I.P tab set the Mobile IP behavior to 'Simple IP' This will allow your phone to connect to 3G when available or 1X when not in a 3G service area.

If there is 3G signal in your area after completing these 2 simple steps you should now have 3G.

If your still having trouble getting 3G and your sure theirs 3G in your area theres still hope, Try forcing 3G by setting your EVO into HDR Mode.

My Exact DFS Settings & Guide

1. Register, Create Account!
    2. Download & Install. DFS.exe
    3. Dial ##DIAG# On EVO.
    4. Connect to PC.
    5. Open DFS.
    6. Enter Login Info.
    7. You'll enter Demo Mode (Allows Full Access of Program.) :D
    8. Next To Ports, Next to Open Close Ports button, There's a drop down menu, Choose your phone (HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM #)
    9. Then Click Open/Close Port Button until it opens your port and all your phones info appear in yellow in the Equipment screen.
    10. Press SPC send button (Unlocks Phone. ;))
    11. Go to the Programming Tab, Where you'll find, Nam, Data, Mobile IP Tabs
    12. Nam Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!
    13. Data Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!
    14. Mobile IP Tab> Read> Edit Settings> Write!

Be careful while changing setting, look over things more than twice, If you need help on anything I'm here, Live Support :D!

My Nam Tab:

View attachment 772873

My Data Tab:

View attachment 772872

Check out the Mode Settings under the Data Tab in the Mode Box ;)

My Mobile IP Tab:

View attachment 772874

My Exact EPST Settings for Comparison:

To view & edit yours:

1. Dial ##3282# (##DATA#)
    2. Enter Edit Mode
    3. Enter SPC: 000000
    4. Compare.
    Code:
    Data Profile:
    Active Profile: 1 (Mines is 1, but it depends on which profile is set up on your phone for MetroPCS)
    User Name: 786#######@mymetropcs.com
    SPI MN-HA: 1234
    SPI MN-AAA: 1234
    Reverse Tunnel Preferred: Enable
    Home IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    Primary Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
    Second Home Agent: 0.0.0.0
    HA Shared Secret: ****** (MetroPCS MSL Code)
    AAA Shared Secret: ****** (MetroPCS MSL Code)
    DSA Server URL: https://dsa.spcdnsnet:443/dsa/ (Still on Sprints, but seems to not affect anything.)

EVDO:
    DDTM: Disable
    Preferred Mode: Automatic

Advanced:
    MEID(HEX): (Your MEID)
    P_REV: IS-2000 (6)
    SCM: 58
    Slot Mode: Enable
    Slot Cycle Index: 2
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 00
    MSID:786#######
    ACCOL:5
    Vocoder: Enable
    EVRC-B: Disable
    Home Orig: EVRC
    Roam Orig: Voice 13K
    LBS PDE IP:  (?)
    LBS PDE PORT:  (?)
    Home Sys Registration: Enable
    Foreign SID Registration: Enable
    Foreign NID Registration: Enable
    DDTM: Disable
    Home SID/NID #1: 6503/65535
    MMS Server URL: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    RTSP Proxy  Port: 0
    RTSP Proxy Address: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com (Still Sprints)
    HTTP PD Proxy Port: 0
    HTTP PD Proxy Address: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com (Still Sprints)

Hope this helps you guys! :D

Steps to manualy setting your EVO into HDR Mode:

*Warning: Manually forcing your phone into HDR Mode or Digital Mode my cause issues like your PRL going into 0000 IF your phone has been MEID repaired. You know who you are so do not attempt this if your HTC EVO was MEID repaired. Only try this if your are sure your HTC EVO was not MEID repaired.

1. Dial ##3424# (Sets your phone in Diag mode).
    2. Connect your EVO to PC thourgh USB.
    3. Open QPST.
    4. Start Clients>Service Programming.
    5. Read from phone.
    6. Go to System tab.
    7. Set your Preffered Mode to: HDR only
    8. Write to Phone.

Reboot your phone and your HTC EVO should now be forced to connect to 3G!

The reason why I ask you guys to do this by QPST rather than by Advanced Settings is because most of the times you change it on Advanced Settings but it really doesn't change anything.

Although you guys can check to see if your connected to Evdo using Advanced Settings App. Open the app and go into Phone Information, take a look at your Network Type it should now say CDMA- EvDo rev. A!
    Screenshot:
    View attachment 767449

MetroPCS MMS Fixes:

It works with Most roms. Tested and Confirmed on Swagged Out Stock. :D

Flash an MMS script compatible with your rom.
    __
    [New MMS Script for 4.67]
    Created by Mteezey
    4.67 MMS Script Mteezey
    __

MetroPCS APN Settings:

1.Download APN Manager from the Android Market.
    2.Create a new APN and enter these settings:

• APN: internet
    • Proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
    • Port: 3128
    • UserName: Phone#@mymetropcs.com
    • Password: MSL code*
    • Server: wap.metropcs.net
    • MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    • MMS Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
    • MMS Port: 3128
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 004
    • APN Type: MMS

3. Download Any Cut from the Android Market, then create an activity, apns on your homescreen.
    Open apns choose MetroPCS and edit then authentication type to pap or chap. If no APN exists create a new one and fill it in with the info above.

-Make sure to enable created APN in APN Manager.
    -Also if your MMS still isn't working make sure the metropcs.sh file from the script is in the correct place, if it is execute it. If It's not etract it from the script, and place it in the root of the internal memory, set permissions, and then execute it.
    *If you want to figure of your MetroPCS MSL code check out whiterabbit.org

My Location & Current Setting & Speed:

• Speed:1766D 532U
    • PRL: 3022
    • Radio:2.15.00.11.19
    • ROM: Swagged Out Stock
    • Screen Shot For Proof:
    View attachment 759864

User Confirmed MetroPCS 3G Locations:

• Miami, FL [JD2589]
    • Sanford, FL [chad9f9]
    • Hialeah, FL [ronwins]
    • Stockton, CA [edgeez25]
    • Atlanta, GA [rovertech1]
    • Lakeland, FL [StarfleetcCommunications]
    • Bartow, FL [StarfleetCommunications]
    • Davenport, Fl [marcnoel101]
    • Manteca, CA [montecristo1]
    • French Camp, CA [montecristo1]
    • Lathrop, CA [montecristo1]
    • Tracy, CA [montecristo1]
    • West Palm Beach, FL [pimpmack]
    • Hudson Country, CT [medinab77]
    • Fort Pierce, FL [pimpmack]
    • Port St Lucie, FL [Mikekelso421]
    • Ypsilanti, MI [bill48105]
    • Ocala, FL [mikeuriah]
    • Sacramento, CA [chainsaw5001]
    • Modesto,CA [discobiscuit]
    • Bakersfield, CA [yknujssab]

Big Thanks to all users above :D

Problems/Solutions:

Stuck in Digital Roaming Mode?

Disclaimer

I'm only providing this information to help out MetroPCS users, Please proceed with caution and at your own risk. Anything that happens is your responsibility. I am not responsible for any damages you cause to your phone hardware, software, service provider account, or any other damages that might result from your usages of this information.
    This is a friendly warning, Proceed with caution.

_______

I'm currently a college student and have many expenses, If you guys appreciate my work and time dedicated to helping others, consider donating. All donations are welcome.

Thank You.

-For those of you guys that are mobile here's a direct link:
    JD2589 XDA Donations

If you have any other questions or need help just ask.

Happy Posting :D

Also, If you find this information or my posts helpful in anyway, besides donating, hit the 'Thanks' button. Thank You!

JD
    D
    Deleted member 3281329
    3029 PRL!

I was working on a new customers phone today and came in with an EVO preflashed (talk+txt) from MetroPCS with a 3029 PRL. I will rip it and upload later...

Here it is, I haven't tried it yet but 3G works on the EVO!
    PRL 03028

Hello, been following this thread for about 2 weeks. Lots of good info. I just registered so I can post this. Anyways, I have an Evo flashed to Metro. I've done everything but no 3G here in Bakersfield, CA. My wife has a Admire, also no 3G. I was messing with hers today and noticed that the PRL was reverted to 3026. She had 3027 when I had checked it before. So I did the *228 to update. And lo and behold 3028!!! Hopefully I wake up to 3G. Doubt it since I think Bakersfield is capped. Anyways, I hope this helps someone out there.
    There's a lot more to it that setting that to auto for those of us in markets that aren't connecting. My how I wish it were that simple. I've cloned metro phones and tried a million different combinations of data settings. Different profiles different shared secret passwords and still nothing. As long as you have followed the guide in the op you will get 3g from first boot if you are in a 3g area. Also all roms made for a cdma phone are automatically set to cdma auto prl. Imo its more along the lines of metro putting there evdo connections out over 1700 mhz signal which sprint phones do not have radios to support. Browse the thread a little from pages 80-100 u.should be able to find a lot of the tests I have done with modifying apks from metro wildfire amongst a lot of other things.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2