Storage space running out. 400mb free, cannot update, cannot install

Search This thread

newestuser

Apr 4, 2011
Couple days ago i have bought LG L90, its a great phone, but i encountered storage issue.

Ive cleaned cache, deleted unused apps. At least warning is gone, but i still cannot install apps over 20 mb because i get that message.

The worst is, there is free space, 400MB, why i cannot use it? Could anyone explain this to me ? :)

Previously i had Huawei y300 and same message was appearing when i was getting ~100mb space left.

Is there any way/solution to get remaining space working without having to root the phone?

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Couple days ago i have bought LG L90, its a great phone, but i encountered storage issue.

Ive cleaned cache, deleted unused apps. At least warning is gone, but i still cannot install apps over 20 mb because i get that message.

The worst is, there is free space, 400MB, why i cannot use it? Could anyone explain this to me ? :)

Previously i had Huawei y300 and same message was appearing when i was getting ~100mb space left.

Is there any way/solution to get remaining space working without having to root the phone?

400MB free space doesn't necessarily mean that 400MB are free in the partition allocated to applications.

Your L90 should be running KitKat, so moving apps to SD won't be like it could have been with a JB version. But some apps might still be able to be moved to SD. Go through your apps (via Application Manager) and see what you can move to SD.

newestuser

Apr 4, 2011
400MB free space doesn't necessarily mean that 400MB are free in the partition allocated to applications.

Your L90 should be running KitKat, so moving apps to SD won't be like it could have been with a JB version. But some apps might still be able to be moved to SD. Go through your apps (via Application Manager) and see what you can move to SD.

thanks, did that already, not much of a change...

What do you mean that moving apps to SD isnt on Kitkat like it was on JB?