[Q] Acer A200 IconiaTab Stuck at boot screen...

Search This thread

Iconialististic

Apr 6, 2014
Ok Here is what I have and have done: :crying: :crying:

All I did was turn it off then screwing around I held the power button and vol+ and hit screen rotate lock switch as it was booting, then it read:

erasing userdata
unrecoverable bootloader error

And thats it. unfortunately adb is not turned on :( and now the tab will not boot past the secondary booting screen that reads Iconiatab, what is worse since I still have the stock recovery I cant flash anything that I have found. I have tried to flash the Stock A200 rom that is supposed to be stock recovery flashable but it only gets about 1/4th of the progress line before the dead android with the triangle !! sign appears. and of course I dont have the cpuid or sbk, :( so I cant flash anything in APX mode either.... :( I am really pulling my hair out here.. and really need some help here it is my nephews tab and he is going to be really upset if I cant fix it.

Any way this is the name of the rom that wont finish installing in the stock recovery flash :
(Stock Rom)Acer_A200_AV032.RV09RC08_AV041.RV04RC02_PA_CUS1_1330081316944_80bf3f7e_decrypted.zip

( I am not allowed to post links yet... But any way the download is at 4shared, and I got the link from the Acer Tablet Forums)
It is Titled Original Stock Rom, and it should have been able to have been flashed through the stock recovery, but di not, and I dont know if it is the rom, or the tablet that is the cause of it not flashing through the stock recovery....

And I have tried a few other update.zips to no avail, but that was the only full rom I found, and certainly the only one with the bootloader blob in it.

Does anyone have any kind of advice for me, or do you know where I could get a rom that will flash through stock recovery?

I dont understand why this happened, the tab was working just fine then I had to reboot it while screwing with the buttons... :( :(
So if anyone can help me I would be most grateful, and I can follow most any guide or instruction as long as it can be located.

Thank You

PS - The Tab is 100% stock, no root, no custom recovery, nothing.... :confused: :(

Iconialististic

Apr 6, 2014
A200 unrecverable bootloader error Solved

All I did was turn it off then screwing around I held the power button and vol+ and hit screen rotate lock switch as it was booting, then it read:

erasing userdata

And thats it. unfortunately adb is not turned on :( and now the tab will not boot past the secondary booting screen that reads Iconiatab, what is worse since I still have the stock recovery I cant flash anything that I have found. I have tried to flash the Stock A200 rom that is supposed to be stock recovery flashable but it only gets about 1/4th of the progress line before the dead android with the triangle !! sign appears. and of course I dont have the cpuid or sbk, :( so I cant flash anything in APX mode either.... :( I am really pulling my hair out here.. and really need some help here it is my nephews tab and he is going to be really upset if I cant fix it.

Any way this is the name of the rom that wont finish installing in the stock recovery flash :
(Stock Rom)Acer_A200_AV032.RV09RC08_AV041.RV04RC02_PA_CUS1_1330081316944_80bf3f7e_decrypted.zip

( I am not allowed to post links yet... But any way the download is at 4shared, and I got the link from the Acer Tablet Forums)
It is Titled Original Stock Rom, and it should have been able to have been flashed through the stock recovery, but di not, and I dont know if it is the rom, or the tablet that is the cause of it not flashing through the stock recovery....

And I have tried a few other update.zips to no avail, but that was the only full rom I found, and certainly the only one with the bootloader blob in it.

Does anyone have any kind of advice for me, or do you know where I could get a rom that will flash through stock recovery?

I dont understand why this happened, the tab was working just fine then I had to reboot it while screwing with the buttons... :( :(
So if anyone can help me I would be most grateful, and I can follow most any guide or instruction as long as it can be located.

Thank You

PS - The Tab is 100% stock, no root, no custom recovery, nothing.... :confused: :(

The problem was solved by following a YouTube video covering this issue, the video was in spanish, but was rather easy to understand even with the language barrier.

Simply keep doing same boot method over, and over until it works! 12 tries for me then a succesfull boot!

Press the power button and vol+ until the tab vibrates, then flip the screen rotation lock switch.
The screen will read erasing userdata, then the red unrecoverable bootloader error (0x190000008), hold down the power until the tab shuts down.
Continually repeat the proccess, and eventually it will read erasing userdata, and follow with formating cache, then complete. The device will reboot, and it is back tonormal :) now the stock recovery will finish flashing the ota update.zip so long as you have the right stock rom.

Now you can continue on with your tab however you decide, root, install a custom recovery, and rom, and of course unlocking the bootloader in fastboot mode with oem-unlock

Thank you. ;)

Reactions: gizmutt

llryolo

Aug 17, 2015
the person who posted before this was correct on pressing the vol up key and power then when vibrates release power but holding vol up switch the screen rotation switch from the right to the left and stay holding the vol up key until it show the android screen leave it be and it will be done once finished loading. You don't have to keep repeating the process one time will work if done correctly. the vol up button is the button to the right when holding in landscape view and the rotation switch should also be in the right most position to start. anyway other than those details it works and it will work the first time. Good luck!

gizmutt

Jan 31, 2016
The problem was solved by following a YouTube video covering this issue, the video was in spanish, but was rather easy to understand even with the language barrier.

Simply keep doing same boot method over, and over until it works! 12 tries for me then a succesfull boot!

Press the power button and vol+ until the tab vibrates, then flip the screen rotation lock switch.
The screen will read erasing userdata, then the red unrecoverable bootloader error (0x190000008), hold down the power until the tab shuts down.
Continually repeat the proccess, and eventually it will read erasing userdata, and follow with formating cache, then complete. The device will reboot, and it is back tonormal :) now the stock recovery will finish flashing the ota update.zip so long as you have the right stock rom.

Now you can continue on with your tab however you decide, root, install a custom recovery, and rom, and of course unlocking the bootloader in fastboot mode with oem-unlock

Thank you. ;)

This worked for me also!:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A200 unrecverable bootloader error Solved

erasing userdata

Thank You

Thank you. ;)